Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:17:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:40:17 PM]

[Today at 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[Today at 01:45:57 PM]

by PNW
[Today at 11:35:40 AM]

[Today at 10:02:38 AM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 11:59:14 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 10:23:24 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Official 2015 Oregon Rockfish Classic Announcment  (Read 24799 times)

• Date Registered: Jan 2015
Registration is now live: http://nextadventure.net/oregon-rockfish-classic.html simply go to July 11th on the calender, select how many participants, and click continue to enter your information. 

The 8th annual Oregon Rockfish Classic presented by Next Adventure will take place on July 11th 2015 at Depoe Bay, OR.  Proudly the largest kayak fishing tournament in the Northwest, the ORC always creates a spirit of friendly competition and camaraderie for the kayak fishing community.  With both new and continuing sponsors joining forces, this years ORC is shaping up to be the biggest and best yet.  Your participation helps great causes: Neighbors for Kids, a Depoe Bay organization that provides safe activities and places for local children. And, Heroes on The Water Oregon and Northwest chapters, a national organization providing kayak fishing and relief trips for veterans.

This is a single heaviest fish tournament.  All entries must be brought to shore and weighed in before 2PM at the weigh-in station on the day of the tournament.  Targeted species for this tournament are lingcod, cabezon, rockfish, and greenling.

Entry Fee: $50
Date: July 11th, 2015

The tournament will be based out of Chinook Bend Campground( 2920 Siletz Hwy, Lincoln City, OR 97367 chinookbend.com) , please make use of our shuttle system as to minimize the impact of the tournament on those we share the Depoe Bay boat launch with. If you plan on camping please contact Chinook Bend to make a reservation.

Fishing Boundary Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/embed?mid=z--z1pDlPcsY.kdwNU79uaqOM

The North boundary is the tip of Rabbit Rock at 44o 50.3' N.
The South boundary is the south end of Whale Cove 1t 44o 47.2' N
The West boundary is 20 fathoms (120 ft) depth.    This is approximately a half mile past the Whistle Bouy.

No Fishing Zones:

There is no fishing near the channel between the mouth of Depoe Bay and the Bell Buoy.  This channel is 100 yds wide at the channel mouth and extends to 400 yds wide at the Bell Buoy.

Whale Cove is off limits to fishing per ODFW regulations (see Whale Cove Habitat Refuge)

Required Gear (mandatory for all participants)
-PFD (competitors must wear a Coast Guard Approved PFD at all times while on the water, anyone found in violation of this rule will immediately be disqualified)
-Sound Device: a whistle at the minimum
-Safety Flag
-VHF Radio
-Immersion gear appropriate for the Oregon coast. The Pacific Ocean remains cold all year, please be prepared to take a swim.
All competitors Must:
-Submit a completed and signed waiver prior to fishing, anyone that attempts to weigh in fish without a valid waiver on file will be disqualified.
-Check in after fishing, if you do not check in, we will assume you are lost at sea and take appropriate action. All competitors are liable for any fees incurred during their search & rescue.
-Use a human powered craft to get to and from the fishing grounds, if you have a disability that prevents the use of pedal or paddle powered craft, contact Next Adventure for approval.
-Carry a valid ODFW fishing license
-All competitors in a boat over 10’ must carry a valid Oregon Aquatic Invasive Species Permit
-Stay within the fishing boundaries: Northern Boundary: Rabbit Rock Southern Boundary: Whale Cove
-No fishing is allowed in the channel between the Bell Buoy and Harbor Entrance. Any competitors found fishing in the channel will receive 1 warning from the safety boaters, if found fishing in the channel after that, you will immediately be disqualified.   

Schedule Of Events:
Friday, July 10th: @Chinook Bend Campground
5:00pm: Check in Opens
6:00pm: Heroes on the Water Benefit Dinner
7:00pm: Mandatory* Captain’s Meeting

Saturday July 11th:
5:00am: First Shuttle leaves for Depoe Bay
5:30am: Weigh in/Check in opens
6:00am: launch opens
10:00am: Weigh in Opens
2:00pm: Weigh in Closes
6:00pm: Fish Fry
7:00pm: Awards Ceremony

*If you are unable to attend the captains meeting please email kayakfishing@nextadventure.net

A big improvement will be the addition of 2 dedicated, volunteer safety boaters that will assist in keeping anglers out of the channel and helping in rescue situations. Registration will be up within the week, any questions or concerns can be directed to Kayakfishing@nextadventure.net
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 08:17:19 PM by NextAdventure »

Mark Collett

• Sturgeon
  • Make It Happen
  • Date Registered: May 2011

Let the MADNESS begin....... ;D :D :)
Life is short---live it tall.

Be kinder than necessary--- everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Sailors may be struck down at any time, in calm or in storm, but the sea does not do it for hate or spite.
She has no wrath to vent. Nor does she have a hand in kindness to extend.
She is merely there, immense, powerful, and indifferent

Adam12

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Nov 2012
Sweeeeet!  Can't wait  :banjo:
Adam

Red Revo13

seahawken7

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Apr 2014
I couldn't make it last year, but I have it on my calendar for this year. Looking forward to a great time!

Justin

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
I'm marking it on the work calendar now.
aka - JoeSnuffy

Stand UP! Stand Up and Shout!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/OutdoorsJustin?feature=mhee

williamesch

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Feb 2015
I bought my kayak to start fishing because of the ORC. So pumped for this year!

2016 Angler of the day- 1st place
2019 ORC - 3rd place

2016 hobie outback
2019 old town topwater
2021 Wilderness systems recon

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
I'm in!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone out there again.
2012 ORC 5th Place

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
For the 1st time in the history of the ORC, I'm not gonna make it...  :embarassed:

-Mark-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

hayday91b

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Apr 2014
Hopefully gonna be able to go.

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
For the 1st time in the history of the ORC, I'm not gonna make it...  :embarassed:

-Mark-
Well I guess your going to have to hit the May Day tournament to make up for it. ;D

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007

-Mark-
Well I guess your going to have to hit the May Day tournament to make up for it. ;D

Well, I guess I am.   ;D
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010

-Mark-

I know it has to be something fantastic for you to have to pass on ORC. We'll miss you man.

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Cross my fingers, I may be able to make it this year.
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Better fishing through science
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
For the first time in about 5 years, I might actually make it as well.
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

PNW

• Teutrowenia pellucida (Googly-eyed glass squid)
  • Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
  • Date Registered: Sep 2008
Just got an email from Emilie at Ninkasi. Sounds like they're very interested in sponsoring the ORC again this year. Here's the text of Emilie's email.

Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2015 9:01 AM
Subject: Beer for Oregon Rock Fish Classic

Good morning Paul,

The Oregon Rock Fish Classic was brought to my attention and I wanted to see if you had a beer donor/sponsor for the event and if there is a need for beer at the Rock Fish Classic. Please let me know!

Many thanks and cheers,

Emilie

Emilie Hartvig
National Donations Manager
Ninkasi Brewing Company
www.NinkasiBrewing.com
www.facebook.com/NinkasiBrewing
:occasion14:

anything