Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:20:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by PNW
[Today at 07:59:18 PM]

[Today at 07:54:10 PM]

[Today at 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[Today at 07:22:33 PM]

[Today at 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: September 24th Potholes Meetup!!  (Read 4716 times)

smokeyangler

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2014
I've caught Walleye in the Lind Coulee arm using a bottom walker and worm harness.
2014 Hobie PA 14
2015 Hobie Outback

Trident 13

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
One yaker might be putting in where the green arrow is.  Is the area with the circle where you've got some?  Looks like there will be three of us at least and in phone contact.  One might try the SP area, one near the green arrow / circle and I might go one direction or the other trolling pending catch info.  With a little luck I can talk my wife into paddling refreshments around.
Of course that all might change based on local recent reports and serious study/conversations Friday night at Mike's while embibing with liquid intelligence.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 09:17:59 AM by Trident 13 »

smokeyangler

• Lingcod
I've caught them in the area where the arrow is. It was earlier in the year though.
2014 Hobie PA 14
2015 Hobie Outback

smokeyangler

• Lingcod
I talked to a guy a few weeks ago. They caught some 6 pound LMB by the dunes. I guess LMB by the dunes/State park and SMB by the dam from what I've heard.
2014 Hobie PA 14
2015 Hobie Outback

jpodyssey

• Rockfish
  • Tricity kayak anglers
  • Date Registered: May 2015
Hey everyone it looks like a lot of us are going to be camping at Mardon Resort friday night. The rates are around 27$ a night for a tent site, which includes the fee to launch at Mardon and to fish from the docks.

We will also be posting updates on Facebook. If you want to communicate faster, it probably would be easier.
The page is Tricity Kayak Anglers.

Please let us know where we can find you, to meet up.

We still plan on meeting others at the launch by the Lind coulee arm.

Hope to see you guys there!!

Tricity Kayak Anglers (TCKA) - Director

RAM mounts fishing team

Kayak Shed Fishing Team

1st  Place - 2017 KBF OR-WA Regional May / Bass
2nd Place - 2017 KBF OR-WA Regional April / Ba

Matt M

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Sounds like a good time! Wish I could join you guys but I will be down in southern california chasing yellow tail with a buddy!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL

jpodyssey

• Rockfish
  • Tricity kayak anglers
Sounds like a good time! Wish I could join you guys but I will be down in southern california chasing yellow tail with a buddy!

Maybe we can plan another meet up somewhere on the columbia. I bet that would be fun

RAM mounts fishing team

Kayak Shed Fishing Team

Matt M

• Sturgeon

Maybe we can plan another meet up somewhere on the columbia. I bet that would be fun

For sure! I'm always down for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-Matt

bb2fish

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013

Where's the group meet up note for that one? ;D
Hope you post pics from CA and from the potholes meetup.
Good fun!

Matt M

• Sturgeon
Where's the group meet up note for that one? ;D
Hope you post pics from CA and from the potholes meetup.
Good fun!

I know it!! Was just planning a visit and he told me to buy my license because we're going fishing :laugh: Will definitely post pics if we're successful, if not then forget about it!  ;D
-Matt

Trident 13

• Salmon
Hope to pull in to Mardon about 6:30-7 pending traffic.  We're in a bunkhouse but will swing through the tenting area, hard to miss a trailer with a couple of kayaks.  I'll likely be launching at Mardon so I can leave my wife's kayak on the trailer for her to launch a bit later.  I think there's a rendezvous at Mike's Restaurant/Tavern sometime this evening.
John

Dark Tuna

• Lingcod
  • "Dark Tuna?"
  • Date Registered: Aug 2014
Not sure my PMs are getting back to you Trident13.   Six weeks away with one weekend home so I'm going to enjoy some down time tomorrow.   Enjoy the fishing!

2015 Jackson Big Tuna (tandem) (dark forest)
2016 Hobie Outback LE (screamin' orange)
2014 KC Kayaks K12 (the better half's, in camo)
2015 Jackson Kraken 13.5 (bluefin)

Raymarine Dragonfly; BB Angler Aces; Kokatat Hydrus 3L SuperNova Angler Dry Suit; Stohlquist Fisherman PFD

Trident 13

• Salmon
Well, the weather was great, walleye catching not so much.  Ballardbrad, JP and a group from the tri-cities area made it.  Very calm wind allowed an algae bloom to float to the surface.  Most seemed to let the walleye grow after a while and focus on multiple SMB along the rocks.  I kept a focus on walleye but couldn't help chasing a few small bass around the island (Goose or Bird?).  Will be back later in the fall as well as planning a run around next April when the walleye head up to spawn.  Great meeting the guys and experiencing polite hospitality of the Mardon group.  Bunkhouses are cheap (winter and senior rate = about $48 including taxes) and ... rustic.  A/C is controlled by a cardboard flap adjusted over the the vent, but we didn't need it.  There are a few other noteworthy characteristics but I'd stay again for sure at $20 more than a tent site.  My wife got the distance award paddling her non-fishing yak over 10 miles from Mardons past the dam where the others put in, back to the island and state park area where I ended up, continuing up to the sand dune area and back down to the dunes.  Friday night dinner at Mikes nearby was good as the Irish Death brews.  So, walleye fishing was light, as were the cooperating smallies and a nice group to fish with.  PS.  Ballardbrad really has a yacht-yak platform to fish from!

jpodyssey

• Rockfish
  • Tricity kayak anglers
Thanks everyone who came out to fish the potholes! Im sure we all would have wanted to get into the walleye, but sometimes thats how it goes. The weather was great, and the company was awesome. We hope to be able to do another meet-up soon. I feel that I learned a lot from this meet-up, and hopefully we can plan another one up there.

If anyone lives near the tri-cities, or is interested in fishing that area, you should jump on to the Tricity Kayak Anglers Facebook page. Thanks for the support guys!!

RAM mounts fishing team

Kayak Shed Fishing Team