Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:24:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Brownlee Crappie Shootout ll sponsor donations  (Read 7325 times)

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Happy to say the local support continues. Bi-Mart is on board with the BCSII this year. Love the products and service at this employee owned local store. I have been buying fishing gear from Bi-Mart for a long time and I am always impressed with the variety of species they cover. Now if I could only be there when the .22 bricks show up. Find weekly ads at www.bimart.com and don't forget to check for your member number prizes on Tuesdays. Thank you for the donation, Susan.

Prize: $20 gift certificate

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
I'm stoked to announce that Hydro Kaddy (formerly Kayak Kaddy) will be donating a $200 prize voucher to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout II. While storage space on a kayak is limited, with a Hydro Kaddy you can take along more gear for extended kayak camping trips or extra gear for the day. I can think of more than a few ways that a Hydro Kaddy would be very useful on the water and I'm happy to have them on board this year. Thank you for the support Ryan. Visit www.kayakkaddy.com to shop and see how a Hydro Kaddy can improve your next kayaking adventure.

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
This is just getting ridiculous Jed.  At this rate, everyone signed up is going to take home $500 in swag just for showing up.

You missed your professional calling.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

Justin

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
This is just getting ridiculous Jed.  At this rate, everyone signed up is going to take home $500 in swag just for showing up.

You missed your professional calling.

No kidding, not that I'm complaining.
aka - JoeSnuffy

Stand UP! Stand Up and Shout!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/OutdoorsJustin?feature=mhee

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
The Waters Edge RV Resort will be donating a voucher good for 5 weekdays at their Resort on Lake Cascade. This a beautiful lake located in the mountains of Idaho and is an awesome place to spend some time in the summer. There is a whole range of activities nearby including golfing, fishing, hiking and more. Summer is fun but Lake Cascade is really known locally for phenomenal ice fishing for perch. A 12 year old girl recently set a world record there with a 2.11 jumbo. See what they offer at www.watersedgervpark.com Thank you for the donation.

Justin

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
I just bought my first pair of Native sunglasses as a direct result of their support last year. :)
aka - JoeSnuffy

Stand UP! Stand Up and Shout!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/OutdoorsJustin?feature=mhee

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
The Kayak Shed will be donating something for the BCS II again this year. Their gifty was fought over last year and I imagine anything they throw down will get some attention. The staff at the Hood River shop is always pleasant and really know their gear. They offer in shop help, on the water courses and even have online shopping. Thanks for the support John it is greatly appreciated. Visit www.kayakshed.com for all of your kayaking needs.

Don't forget to sign up for the Bonneville Bass Bonanza by May 29 this year. This is one of my favorite events and I am looking forward to seeing everyone again this year.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 10:31:22 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
American Angler sent two Classic EFKs for the BCSII. I can fly through a cooler of crappie in no time with mine. They are well built and easy to use. American Angler has been on board from the beginning and was the very first positive response I received last year. Thanks for the continued support Tim. It is very much appreciated. Check out their knives and other products at www.douglasquikut.com.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
The Boomerang Tool Company sent a box of assorted gear for the Brownlee Crappie Shootout II. The Snips are sharp enough to cut through braid and comes with a built in retractable cable. Perfect for keeping on your PFD yet out of the way. This new model also has an LED light for low light conditions. They also sent some Zinger/Nippers and retractable key rings. Thank you Ed for the donation. Find all of their handy tools at www.boomerangtool.com

bb2fish

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
Jed, awesome job on all the sponsors for the Brownlee Crappie Shootout!  What do you say to these companies when you ask for donations? Are you cold calling their Customer relations departments or do you know people at these companies?  It's really phenomenal the prizes you have amassed!   Nice effort, man!  You can wear that belt buckle around the house for a couple more weeks.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Thanks for the encouragement bb. No I don't know anyone at any of the companies except for EOI and NITTA, I just send out a LOT of proposals. Thankfully there are companies willing to support charitable events. No comment on the belt buckle thing  ;D
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 04:00:37 PM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Petzl has sent a few items for the Brownlee Crappie Shootout II. Petzl mainly produces rock climbing and caving gear and along the way have come out with a great line of headlights. I have been using these headlamps for many years and I am always impressed with their performance. New technology is making these lights more efficient while increasing lumens and improving over all quality. A dependable headlight is an indispensable tool and Petzl makes one of the best on the market. Thank you Jay for the awesome donation. Find great outdoor and safety gear at www.petzl.com Up for grabs are two Tikkina 150 headlamps and some first aid pouches.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
I am stoked to say Cabelas has chosen to be represented at the Brownlee Crappie Shootout II again this year. I visit the Boise store whenever I can. They have everything I can think of and gear that I never knew I needed. You rock Erin! The support is appreciated and the prizes will benefit some great charities. Visit a store near you or shop online at www.cabelas.com

The donation consists of:
1 Cabelas Tripod stool. This a compact folding stool with a weight capacity of 225lbs. Haha, just made it.
1 Cabelas 30 can Cooler in blue. This is a great medium sized cooler with a rugged reinforced bottom
1 Cabelas Advanced Angler Bag. This is a perfect compact tackle bag that will fit nicely in you kayak while carrying a huge amount of tackle. It has space for 6 3650 tackle boxes and many extra external zippered storage compartments.
5 Cabelas caps in three colors. Only 1 black so you guys will have to fight over that one again.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Mack's Lure just sent a care package for  the Brownlee Crappie Shootout II. I have used Mack's to catch a variety of fish over the years and will be using them soon to try and get my first Walleye. The slower presentations and jigging lures work perfectly from kayaks and I appreciate the company taking a bigger interest in our growing sport. Thank you Bob for the great donations. Find a lure for the species you are after at www.mackslure.com.

ballardbrad

• Salmon
  • Kayak Fishing Washington
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
Mack's Lure just sent a care package for  the Brownlee Crappie Shootout II. I have used Mack's to catch a variety of fish over the years and will be using them soon to try and get my first Walleye. The slower presentations and jigging lures work perfectly from kayaks and I appreciate the company taking a bigger interest in our growing sport. Thank you Bob for the great donations. Find a lure for the species you are after at www.mackslure.com.

They make some great products. Those rock dancer jigs will work for steelhead, walleye, bass and I've even used them fishing in Florida to catch Grouper and Snapper.