Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:12:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Anti Kayaker...lol. Interesting thread.  (Read 4588 times)

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
We gots us one of them there anti-kayakers fellers right here in Garibaldi...... total jackass IMHO .... he owns a tackle and boat rental store that shall remain unnamed, but I'll drive to Barview or Tillamook before I buy an ice cube from the complete DOLT.

That sounds like exactly, precisely, 100%+ without a doubt the type of man who should not remain nameless.
Well with the big old monster size town of Garibaldi shouldn't be hard to figure out with the clues I dropped on services offered  ;) ;) ;) ::)        Plus I don't know his name and I should refrain from using what I call him on the internet, there might be women, children, and those with weak constitutions reading.   :spittake:

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Depoe Bay has at least one skipper that I many are very familiar with, that runs the biggest white charter boat out there.  That dick won't communicate with, nor acknowledge kayakers are anywhere near him when hailed on the radio.  He goes out of his way to get as close to us as he can and then fishes right on top of us, sometimes even between us when we kayakers are within 100 of each other.  Huge ocean out there, he can get to many many more places than we can, but chooses to do this.  Also, makes a point to try to swamp us while running full tilt by us. 

I keep my GoPro on and aimed at him any time he comes anywhere near me or by fishing buddies.  The first time he swamps one of us, I am taking his ass to the Coast Guard with the video.

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

Pinstriper

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2015
Depoe Bay has at least one skipper that I many are very familiar with, that runs the biggest white charter boat out there.  That dick won't communicate with, nor acknowledge kayakers are anywhere near him when hailed on the radio.  He goes out of his way to get as close to us as he can and then fishes right on top of us, sometimes even between us when we kayakers are within 100 of each other.  Huge ocean out there, he can get to many many more places than we can, but chooses to do this.  Also, makes a point to try to swamp us while running full tilt by us. 

I keep my GoPro on and aimed at him any time he comes anywhere near me or by fishing buddies.  The first time he swamps one of us, I am taking his ass to the Coast Guard with the video.

Please to PM the miscreant's identity - I am shopping for a tuna or halibut charter and wouldn't want to put a non-plug nickel in his pocket by mistake.
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !

Punctuation. It saves lives.

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

Klondike Kid

• Lingcod
  • The Eagle Whisperer
  • Alaska Outdoor Journal
  • Date Registered: Sep 2016

The penalties for deliberately endangering the lives of others by engaging in wreckless behavior can land him in much more hot water than a scolding. It could be a serious misdemeanor (or maybe a felony) if you press charges and could possibly cost him his Captain's license and charter boat license since anyone taking the public out for hire is heavily regulated by F&G as well as the Coast Guard. Showing his behavior to his insurance agent would probably find him black listed and unable to secure bonding and insurance after that incident. Especially if there is the threat of a lawsuit hanging over the insurance company's head.  Idiots like that are too stupid to know the consequences until its too late. Most of the time their IQ is less than their shoe size.

Book 'em Dano!
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Take a Kid Fishing and Hook'em For Life!  ~KK~

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014

If I read it correctly a while ago?? There is legally a 100 (foot or yard) no wake zone around paddle craft so he already IS breaking the law.

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
I do believe if you can't right your kayak and can't get yourself back on it, you have no business on one in the Alaskan waters. I do believe it is irresponsible to expect boaters to have to pick you up, particularly if you are unprepared and don't have a clue what you're doing. The last thing I wanted to do was disrupt the power boaters on Derby day!

Weird tale with a happy ending.  Good for you to not back away from kayaking and to find a solution for next time, Kat!  Glad you're okay.   

I quoted the one section of your post only because I believe you made an important observation: if a person can't right their kayak, they shouldn't be out in any water, not just Alaskan water (and I am not pointing at you because you're taking steps to ensure that a freak occurrence won't happen again).
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

anything