Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:28:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 19, 2024, 09:27:54 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 08:37:24 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: HOW PDX - Volunteers Needed - 4/29 - **moved to Swan Island**- 7:30am - S5.E2  (Read 5944 times)

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
It’s time again for our annual HOW-PDX Sturgeon Rodeo. This has always been amongst our most popular events.

April 29th will be a most special day for our chapter for 2 very awesome reasons.

Firstly, it is rumored that Jim Dolan, the founder and former CEO of HOW has plans to join us at this spectacular event.

Volunteers should arrive at Swan Island Boat Ramp at 7:30am, with Veterans arriving at 08:30.

We’ll have coffee and donuts ready for Volunteers and Veterans in the AM. We will fish until mid-day and take a lunch break. Then we’ll wrap up the fishing promptly at 3:00PM.

The 2nd reason that this day is so special is that the Carry The Load – West Coast Relay is coming through Portland.

At 7:00PM we will hook up with the Carry The Load folks in the parking lot of The Elks Lodge #142 (at 13121 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Oak Grove, OR 97222) for a meet and greet and a quick dinner, as they have to keep moving. Event volunteers and participants are welcome to attend the dinner. Just let us know so we have a fairly accurate head count.

Carry The Load is a non-profit dedicated to providing active, meaningful ways to honor and celebrate the sacrifices made by our nation’s heroes — military, law enforcement, firefighters and first responders.

What started as a mission to restore the true meaning of Memorial Day has broadened to include more than just our military heroes and more than just the one holiday. Carry The Load works to bring all American’s together to participate in honoring our nation’s heroes every day, and has raised $13.7M since 2011.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 04:13:17 PM by Ling Banger »

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
I will be there for the fishing event but I don't know about the dinner at 7.
Ray
2020 Hobie Outback "Chum Chicken"
2018 Native Titan 10.5 "Battle Barge"
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge
Category - IT’S NOT A DRINKING PROBLEM IF YOU’RE BEING CREATIVE
1st place - The Drunken Bastard

Matt M

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
I'll definitely be there for fishing at 7 as well. I believe I will have the in laws in town so dinner may not be an option. Should know sooner rather than later though.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
I am pretty sure I can make this event.

YippieKaiyak

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Count me in!  At least until 3.
Kayaking without wearing a PFD is like drunk driving.  You can get away with it for a while, but eventually someone dies.

Pinstriper

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2015
Does the parking pass you get from odfw cover ?
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !

Punctuation. It saves lives.

Matt M

• Sturgeon
Depends on which one you have... http://www.dfw.state.or.us/conservationstrategy/parking.asp

It kills me how many parking passes I buy, odfw, Oregon State Parks, Multnomah and Washington county parks, national parks, and likely many more. Probably $300 all told into just parking passes.

-Matt

MurseStrong

• Lingcod
  • 2009 OK T11 2016 Hobie Revo 13 2018 Hobie Revo 13
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
Sounds lile a blast & a day i should be able to make. Thanks again for all your efforts LB!
Hugh
If You Know The Answer, Ask Bigger Questions

"You are killing me, fish, the old man thought. But you have a right to. Never have I seen a greater, or more beautiful, or a calmer or more noble thing than you, brother."
-The Old Man and the Sea

Pinstriper

• Sturgeon
Depends on which one you have... http://www.dfw.state.or.us/conservationstrategy/parking.asp

It kills me how many parking passes I buy, odfw, Oregon State Parks, Multnomah and Washington county parks, national parks, and likely many more. Probably $300 all told into just parking passes.

I get the SportsPac, the permit is  like the one linked, and says Sauvies. They don't ave an additional one, do they ?
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !

SamM

• Lingcod
  • McDowellHome
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
Count me in!  Also, planning on attending the Carry the Load dinner as well.  Should be an amazing day!

Assuming this is handled the same way as last year, I have a little PSA for those of you with kids.  I learned this last year AFTER Nate helped me acquire a $10 daily wildlife parking pass...

The Youth Combo License is $10 (plus $5 for a combined angling tag) for those within the 12-17 age group.  Since this is a combo license, it includes the annual wildlife pass for free!  As I don't see it specifically called out in the above link (nor the following link), I am only assuming this will be handled the same as last year.

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/resources/licenses_regs/licenses_fees.asp

-Sam
got stop wishing,
     got to go fishing...
          - Jimmy Buffett

Hobie Oasis, Outback, i11s

SamM

• Lingcod
  • McDowellHome

I get the SportsPac, the permit is  like the one linked, and says Sauvies. They don't ave an additional one, do they ?

As far as I understand it, if you have any combo license (including the SportsPac), it should come with the wildlife are permit.  It appears that you should be covered (especially since it specifically calls out Sauvies).

-Sam
got stop wishing,
     got to go fishing...
          - Jimmy Buffett

Matt M

• Sturgeon
Assuming this is handled the same way as last year, I have a little PSA for those of you with kids.  I learned this last year AFTER Nate helped me acquire a $10 daily wildlife parking pass...

The Youth Combo License is $10 (plus $5 for a combined angling tag) for those within the 12-17 age group.  Since this is a combo license, it includes the annual wildlife pass for free!  As I don't see it specifically called out in the above link (nor the following link), I am only assuming this will be handled the same as last year.

-Sam

That is pretty awesome if it works for the youth pass as well, the way the website is worded it should be.

Does anyone want to let me "sponsor" their teenager in exchange for the parking pass? They get a free license and I get $20 off the year pass rate.
-Matt

SamM

• Lingcod
  • McDowellHome

-Sam

That is pretty awesome if it works for the youth pass as well, the way the website is worded it should be.

Does anyone want to let me "sponsor" their teenager in exchange for the parking pass? They get a free license and I get $20 off the year pass rate.

That's the spirit!

BTW, the youth license has become a _REALLY_ great deal compared to pretty much everything out there.  Note that it includes the Columbia River Endorsement AND a shellfish license all in one! 

Compared to the youth license that I was buying for my son just a few years ago (and the adult fees that he's now paying), this is pretty sweet!

-Sam
got stop wishing,
     got to go fishing...
          - Jimmy Buffett

Pinstriper

• Sturgeon
Ok, I think I'm in.
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !

Snarf

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Feb 2009
I'll be there! My Super Secret Sturgeon Hole will provide many good memories for those involved!  On the anchor or on the sleigh ride!  Carry The Load is icing on the cake!  And having the HOW founder there will also be a great experience! 

I'm stoked and proud to be a veteran and volunteer for HOW. Special thanks to Anthony for his leadership and dedication to this endeavor! 

anything