Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:08:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:27:54 PM]

by PNW
[Today at 08:37:24 PM]

[Today at 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[Today at 07:22:33 PM]

[Today at 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Oregon Rockfish Classic 2017  (Read 14518 times)

PNW

• Teutrowenia pellucida (Googly-eyed glass squid)
  • Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
  • Date Registered: Sep 2008
Unfortunately I haven't been able to find many reliable public shitters on 26, which is indeed a big part of the reason why I am extra careful prior to undertaking a trip out that direction... There's one that I am aware of that CANNOT be relied upon https://www.tripcheck.com/TextPages/CAMdetail.asp?camRoute=US26&camName=US26%20at%20Sunset%20Rest%20Area/2310 It was 0 dark 30 on my journey out to seaside for some clamming and let's just say the coffee was running through quickly. Imagine my horror when the only rest area for 20 miles in either direction proved to have a locked door.

My remedy to shituations like unnecessary public restroom locked doors is to go anyways.   8)
Just roll down the top of the paper bag that my McDonalds breakfast was delivered in so it stays open, and drop my present inside. 
Then just leave it in front of the door (after I race horse the door) for when they feel like unlocking it.
They seem to be ok with this as I haven't had any complaints yet, and I still find doors locked.
Locked doors are a funding & staffing issue. Can't hire workers without the funding. Think about that the next time you feel like pissing on the door.  :police:

Hey!

Mark Collett

• Sturgeon
  • Make It Happen
  • Date Registered: May 2011
This is all very pertinent info for ORC 2017

No... not really.   :grommit:
[/quote

Really need to start some different threads for questions about or dealing with ORC thoughts.
  We often have over 20 different threads going. Time to mix it up guys.
Life is short---live it tall.

Be kinder than necessary--- everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Sailors may be struck down at any time, in calm or in storm, but the sea does not do it for hate or spite.
She has no wrath to vent. Nor does she have a hand in kindness to extend.
She is merely there, immense, powerful, and indifferent

Zach.Dennis

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2015
When I try to register on PayPal it is wanting to charge 7 dollars for shipping. Are you shipping the captains bags?
2021 1st Place ORC
2023 1st Place ORC

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Better fishing through science
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
Hey Zach,

No, that was my fault.   I made a new PayPal button and it defaulted to $7 shipping for some reason and I didn't catch it until my first payment came in.  Anway, I believe I've fixed it and I made a refund to the person who had already paid it.

Brian

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

dampainter

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
I just signed up says I paid 40 for AOTY???.......  l'm registered for ORC right?

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Hold on...

No I just got an AOTY receipt from you dampainter.   
I'm looking into this.  Doesn't help that both AOTY and ORC are $40

Brian

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Okay.. turns out that I had "NWKA AOTY" as my "business name" as well as my "item name"  when I set up the AOTY  PayPal link years ago.  When I added the ORC item, it kept the "NWKA AOTY" as the business name which confused people.  I've fixed that part, now it should just say "NWKA" as the business name.   If you click on the ORC link it should be obvious that your are paying for ORC. If you click on the AOTY button it's less obvious, but the pull down on the top with the $40 should show "AOTY" if you click on it.

Brian

williamesch

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Feb 2015
Okay.. turns out that I had "NWKA AOTY" as my "business name" as well as my "item name"  when I set up the AOTY  PayPal link years ago.  When I added the ORC item, it kept the "NWKA AOTY" as the business name which confused people.  I've fixed that part, now it should just say "NWKA" as the business name.   If you click on the ORC link it should be obvious that your are paying for ORC. If you click on the AOTY button it's less obvious, but the pull down on the top with the $40 should show "AOTY" if you click on it.

Brian

Hey could you post the link for the paypal please. Unless its the old link for last year. Thanks again for all your hard work!

2016 Angler of the day- 1st place
2019 ORC - 3rd place

2016 hobie outback
2019 old town topwater
2021 Wilderness systems recon

bb2fish

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
Hey could you post the link for the paypal please. Unless its the old link for last year. Thanks again for all your hard work!
It's the Paypal Link on the front page of the forum.   Looks like Brian sorted out all the details and it's easy peasy to sign up
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/shoppingcart?flowlogging_id=36ff6f58ef0e7&mfid=1494987769284_36ff6f58ef0e7#/checkout/openButton

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
If there's an old ORC pay  link floating around, please send my a link to the page you found it on so I can remove it.

As for details about this year's ORC..

After this weekend I'm taking down all of the Brownlee Crappie Shootout propaganda and will start to switch it out with ORC stuff.

Zach.Dennis

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2015
Just signed up and looking forward to it. I will be bringing the camper again this year and look forward to the ocean and salmon in the nearby river.
2021 1st Place ORC
2023 1st Place ORC

Depoecod

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Well, reading all the threads about the event, and the fact that if I don't go, I'll be crying as I watch all the yaks heading out, I MAY join you this year.  I don't recall the only other one I fished, I think it was 2012 or so.  I know what you're thinking...... "Your obviously retired and living the dream on the Oregon coast and even reside in the very town (small) that it's at!  What could possibly keep you from participating?" 

Well, it's embarrassing, but, dineros, moola, bucks.  The $40 would probably be doable, but, no license or invasive species tag yet this year and on and on......    Dang, why did I retire, for the second time???

.......... ya just gotta laugh at the lunacy of it all, don't ya!    :laugh:

Depoecod

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011

By the way........ my 2Cs on the Chinook Bend thing.....  I've been there a few times, always used the restroom, which I found quite adequate and clean.  I like the lay of the land and the esthetics of the place.  Very nice docks and accessibility.   Wonderful, friendly people.  The only other place near there that looks nice is Coyote Rock (I think that's the name).  I haven't been there, but from the road it looks gorgeous, and probably priced like it too!

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Lancer Jigs is once again in as a sponsor!

PNW

• Teutrowenia pellucida (Googly-eyed glass squid)
  • Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
  • Date Registered: Sep 2008
Brian - We can use the ORC 2017 sign up link now, right?

anything