Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:41:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 18, 2024, 07:40:17 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by PNW
[April 18, 2024, 11:35:40 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 10:02:38 AM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 11:59:14 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 10:23:24 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Noob to the forum  (Read 915 times)

NoobHookz

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Apr 2017
I'm wanting to talk Alaska kayak fishing. Matsu down to kenai, Homer, Seward. What do you like to fish for and where? I'm usually trout fishing on lakes and looking to expand. Proud new member of the Vibe tribe Seaghost 130.

AKFishOn

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Dec 2015
I'm wanting to talk Alaska kayak fishing. Matsu down to kenai, Homer, Seward. What do you like to fish for and where? I'm usually trout fishing on lakes and looking to expand. Proud new member of the Vibe tribe Seaghost 130.

Welcome.  Great group of folks in the forum up here.  Tons of opportunity to expand your horizons. 
"If your hands ain't bleeding, you ain't fishing hard enough!"

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
welcome!!!!  Lots of great info here!  I fish saltwater 95 percent of the time but hoping to diversify things this year!  You found the right place to gather intel though! Hope to see some great reports and to also see you on the water!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

AKFishOn

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Dec 2015
It's exciting to see all the "noobs" to NWKA and Alaska...get ready for a great season. (I'll always consider myself a noob)  Be sure to check out kardinal_84's links at the bottom left of each of his posts.  Incredibly useful information.
"If your hands ain't bleeding, you ain't fishing hard enough!"

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Is noobs really the yakronym we want to use? Maybe "FNK" think "FNG" only "kayaker" instead of "guy"

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

Klondike Kid

• Lingcod
  • The Eagle Whisperer
  • Alaska Outdoor Journal
  • Date Registered: Sep 2016
Greetings~! Pull up a stump around the campfire - you have found a little piece of heaven for the kayak sport. Lots of new "members" in the Alaska group since this time last year, present company included. But most everyone has lots of fishing experience and knowledge of our fisheries so its not like we all just fell off the turnip wagon. Everyone has something to offer no matter how fresh to kayaking itself. Fishing is fishing as they say. That's the easy part. Its the catching that can be a challenge and when migrating to the kayak platform as your means of conveyance it does pose some new logistics challenges. So you will learn a lot here about adapting. The saltwater environment poses a lot of safety issues as you know - extreme tides, fast currents, often bone-chilling cold waters, beach and surf conditions, as well as tackling Alaska's biggest fish from a very small platform....and oh very fast changes in the weather to deal with.

Just scrolling down the main index pages of each forum section will provide a quick review of topics that may have been covered although sometimes the titles might be a little cryptic. Another tip is using the forums as a historical record of what has been happening in your area at the same time each year. So going back in the chronicles by season will give you a head's up as to what others were fishing for and how they did at that time each year.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Take a Kid Fishing and Hook'em For Life!  ~KK~