Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:40:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by PNW
[April 18, 2024, 11:35:40 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 10:02:38 AM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 11:59:14 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 10:23:24 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: New Girl  (Read 1761 times)

AnnieAreYouOk

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Jun 2016
Hey guys. My name is Annie and I live in Northern California. I am pretty active on Norcal Kayak Anglers, but thought I'd broaden my horizons and join NWKA too! Hopefully I'll see some familiar faces, and I look forward to meeting new ones. I'm on the Ocean Kayak team and mostly fish from my OK Trident 13. I prefer fishing the salt, although have been spending a lot of time fishing freshwater in the last couple of months. I also enjoy free diving and spearfishing and unfortunately, don't get in the water nearly as much as I'd like to. My boyfriend, Nick, got me into fishing about 6 years ago and it was game on from then out. We fish every weekend and day off, and during the week we work and plan our next adventure.

For work I substitute teach mostly in special ed. My background is in dog training, and I train people and their pet dogs in basic obedience. I went to school to train service dogs for people with disabilities and Veterans with PTSD, and also learned skills in scent detection, SAR, and several dog sports. I love to travel, and hope to fish all over the world one day. Outside of California, I've fished from the kayak in Montana (with PmmPete) and a few times in Florida! I have a trip coming up in a week and a half to South Dakota and the Wyoming area and will be bringing my Ocean Kayak Trident 11 and my Old Town Loon. I'm really excited, but will start a new thread about that. There is a link to a video from my latest Florida adventure at the end of the post, and if you're interested in seeing more pictures, my IG and FB is @AnniesFishTales. Nice to meet you all. I look forward to learning from you guys and hopefully will have something to add to the community!

« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 06:41:11 PM by AnnieAreYouOk »

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Welcome Annie!

Coming to ORC?

AnnieAreYouOk

• Plankton
Welcome Annie!

Coming to ORC?

Thanks Crash! I wish I could! I get back from a 3 week trip to Yellowstone late on the 15th :( . Hopefully next year!

Clayman

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Jeez, now they're just letting anyone in  ;).

Welcome to NWKA Annie!  Anytime you and Nick find yourselves on the Oregon coast, give me a shout.
aMayesing Bros.

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
I guess if y'all let me into NWKA, I should jump up and welcome you to NWKA.

Welcome, Annie!
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

Drifter2007

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
Welcome aboard! that is an impressive resume!
1991 Desert Storm (USMC)
2004-2005 OIF (US ARMY)
2006-2007 OEF (US ARMY)
2009-2010 OIF II (US Army)
2016 Retired!

Trident 13

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
Having the identical (maybe minus some of the great setups) white camo colored Trident, I'm beginning to wonder if it's the white camo color that seems to attract the same size of fish as you show in your last picture? 
Welcome to the group.

rogerdodger

• Fish Retriever
  • Sturgeon
  • roger
  • Date Registered: Dec 2012
excellent, welcome to NWKA. 
2019 Hobie Outback (Fish Retriever)

bb2fish

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
Welcome!  You sure fish like a girl !!!
Great to see more women on the forum!!

C_Run

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2011
Welcome. Nice to see someone else paddling. Wife and I also have Tridents both 13 and 11.

pmmpete

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2013
I get back from a 3 week trip to Yellowstone late on the 15th
Will you be doing some fishing in Yellowstone Park and the surrounding area during your trip in July?  Like doing your part to reduce the lake trout population in Yellowstone Lake?

A fun overnight or several day kayak or canoe trip in Yellowstone Park is to paddle across Lewis Lake, pull your kayak or canoe a short distance up the Lewis River (which is warm because of hot spring activity), and then paddle up Shoshone Lake to various back county campsites.  There isn't any road access to Shoshone Lake, and there is an undeveloped geyser area at the upper end of Shoshone Lake.  I did this trip several times when I was in high school, many years ago.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 05:26:54 PM by pmmpete »

showa

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: May 2016
welcome Annie. How many kayaks do you have? you seem to be on different kay for each picture, good pictures by the way. I wish I have one of the picture like you that I can show for the group :(

AnnieAreYouOk

• Plankton
 Thank you all!!

Jeez, now they're just letting anyone in  ;).

Welcome to NWKA Annie!  Anytime you and Nick find yourselves on the Oregon coast, give me a shout.

Muahahahaha  ;) :angel: thanks Chris we definitely will!!!

welcome Annie. How many kayaks do you have?

I've gotten a little carried away this year. I have a 2017 and 2016 trident 13, '17 trident 11, Old Town predator PDL, and Old Town Loon 126. I also have a foam top SUP I like to crab from!

AnnieAreYouOk

• Plankton
I get back from a 3 week trip to Yellowstone late on the 15th
Will you be doing some fishing in Yellowstone Park and the surrounding area during your trip in July?  Like doing your part to reduce the lake trout population in Yellowstone Lake?

A fun overnight or several day kayak or canoe trip in Yellowstone Park is to paddle across Lewis Lake, pull your kayak or canoe a short distance up the Lewis River (which is warm because of hot spring activity), and then paddle up Shoshone Lake to various back county campsites.  There isn't any road access to Shoshone Lake, and there is an undeveloped geyser area at the upper end of Shoshone Lake.  I did this trip several times when I was in high school, many years ago.

Unfortunately it's a working trip and I'm just going to squeeze what little fishing I can do in! I remember learning about the invasive lake trout four years ago when I was last in Yellowstone and wanting to fish the lake ever since so this time around I'm skipping out on some touristy stuff to fish!! Im really looking forward it! The Lewis lake overnighter sounds like a lot of fun! I'll have to do that one day.

anything