Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:12:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Seward for Silvers Aug 6&7  (Read 2074 times)

GaryTimTim

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Mar 2014
If anyone is interested in meeting up and fishing as a fearsome flotilla, I'm going to be heading to Seward Aug 6th and 7th.  I'm planning on fishing from Miller's Landing (got a campsite booked there), looking to target silvers.  Full disclosure:  it will be my first time kayak fishing in the bay. 

TALL FORCE

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Dec 2014
Does anyone have any reports on the silvers? It feels a little early. With that being said, as soon as I do some home repairs I plan on heading out on some fishing trip.
"You will not catch anything with your hook out of the water, well nothing worth keeping anyway."

AOGOR

• Alaska Outdoor Gear -Outfitter and Rentals
  • Herring
  • Alaska Outdoor Gear -Outfitter and Rental
  • Date Registered: Apr 2016
We are heading to Seward tomorrow and will be targeting the Caines Head area in addition to Fox Island. Since we will have the littles with us we will be fishing from a power boat. I can report back as to how we do around Caines.....
AUTHORIZED DEALER: Vibe Kayaks; Necky Kayaks; Old Town Kayaks ; Malibu Kayaks; Yak Attack; Yak Gear; EGO; Stohlquist

www.alaskaoutdoorgearrental.com
https://www.facebook.com/AlaskaOutdoorGearRental/

Klondike Kid

• Lingcod
  • The Eagle Whisperer
  • Alaska Outdoor Journal
  • Date Registered: Sep 2016
I called the Fish House a couple days ago to check. They said fish were at 4th of July and Lowell Pt but nothing showing on the beaches in town at that time.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Take a Kid Fishing and Hook'em For Life!  ~KK~

AKFISHRIPPER

• Lingcod
  • Slaying fish and taking names
  • AlaskaKayakAnglers/ A.K.A
  • Date Registered: Sep 2011
Just got back from Seward last night.  We took a boat to Pony Cove and it was a Silver Slaughter!!!!  On our way back we cruised by Fox and saw a pile of boats on the southeast corner of the island mooching with a few being caught as we passed.  We didn't see anything jumping on the rest of the way in With that said there should be silvers in by Millers by this coming weekend. 

AOGOR

• Alaska Outdoor Gear -Outfitter and Rentals
  • Herring
  • Alaska Outdoor Gear -Outfitter and Rental
  • Date Registered: Apr 2016
We had an epic day on Saturday. We fished at Miller's Landing and put 20 silvers on the boat. The fishing was pretty consistent. There was one spot we would pick up a fish nearly every pass. There was a brief period when we were hitting fish on the surface as I would spool out the gear and before I clipped it into the downrigger. Made me wish I had a flyrod with some baitfish patterns.

Grab your kayaks and head to Seward and reward yourself with Silver!!!

AUTHORIZED DEALER: Vibe Kayaks; Necky Kayaks; Old Town Kayaks ; Malibu Kayaks; Yak Attack; Yak Gear; EGO; Stohlquist

www.alaskaoutdoorgearrental.com
https://www.facebook.com/AlaskaOutdoorGearRental/

AK Trapper

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
Gary Tin Tin,
I'll be power boat fishing in Seward on Friday but will be in my kayak on Saturday...please stop and talk if you see me - white f350 with Native Kayak in the bed...

michilutiiq

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jun 2013
We hit south side of Caines Head last weekend. Got one silver right off the point there, trolling a small purple/silver salmon slayer. No big boats around the whole area yet then. Plan to hit it again next weekend. This weekend....Homer.

akfishergal

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
Nice to meet some of you young fellas out there on Friday and Saturday; hope everyone else had some success.  Silvers weren't plentiful, but it was still a good outing. Let's see if I remember how to post a picture...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:37:30 PM by akfishergal »