Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:26:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Next Adventure - Chinook Showdown (CANCELED) - May 12th  (Read 3516 times)

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
Spit shine your flashers, start collecting rain water for your secret recipe herring brine, and visit the gypsy fortune teller for a spell to ward off plundering pinnipeds. The Chinook Showdown is back on May 12th!

Proceeds to benefit Heroes On the Water Portland Chapter.

Follow the link below for more info, sign-up, and waiver download.

https://nextadventure.net/events-classes/detail/view/id/2668/

edit: The link to the waiver will be mailed to you in the confirmation email when you sign up.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 08:18:11 PM by Ling Banger »

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

Drifter2007

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
Heck yeah, I don't know much about the fishery, but I am down with giving it a try. I have picked up some tips from other NWKaers. I may follow minnow magnet around if I can find him. JK.
1991 Desert Storm (USMC)
2004-2005 OIF (US ARMY)
2006-2007 OEF (US ARMY)
2009-2010 OIF II (US Army)
2016 Retired!

Trident 13

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
Read the post and looked over the link pretty carefully, but couldn't spot a specified area.  Not wanting to profess my inadequacies on line, I call the Portland Paddle Center (PPC) where the weigh in takes place and talked with a nice fellow called UN (unnamed) who acknowledged they were involved in the event, but for the life of a second person, couldn't see any indication of where fishing was allowed/required.  UN and I both assumed it was the Willamette.  Drifter added to the theory by offering sound advice to follow minnow magnet, but again, we're both still guessing.
Now that I've committed online, can you confirm we're right or is it open to any area so long as you make the weigh-in?  Other non-Portlander's might be wondering as well.  Thanks

TP

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
It's open to any legal retention zone on the day of the tournament, as long as that fish is landed, and brought to weigh in the same day. which for 99.9% of the time means the willy, since the Columbia is and will most likely remain closed.
 If you're an out of towner I recommend the sellwood area, the majority of winners of this event have caught their fish from there.

Trident 13

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
Much appreciated.  Opening WA Halibut is the 11th, this tourni is the 12th, 2nd day of WA Halibut is the 13th, so is Mothers day...

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
Don't forget.

"Sign up before May 1st to save $10 on registration! May 1st and later, will be full price at $30."

kimeun

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
Hi guys,

I'm not that competitive, but I'll be taking this opportunity to give my first go at a kayak springer this year. I'll be launching from Sellwood Dog Park bright and early. If you see a Korean girl in a yellow dry suit in a dune Revo 13 and feel social, feel free to say hi! I love meeting fellow fishy kayak people and hearing your stories (fish tales or otherwise).

-Youngeun

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
Hi guys,

I'm not that competitive, but I'll be taking this opportunity to give my first go at a kayak springer this year. I'll be launching from Sellwood Dog Park bright and early. If you see a Korean girl in a yellow dry suit in a dune Revo 13 and feel social, feel free to say hi! I love meeting fellow fishy kayak people and hearing your stories (fish tales or otherwise).

-Youngeun

Let's get this party started!

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
Much appreciated.  Opening WA Halibut is the 11th, this tourni is the 12th, 2nd day of WA Halibut is the 13th, so is Mothers day...

I heard they are going to cancel the tournament. Not enough sign-ups. Too much other stuff happening. If you signed up you will likely be getting a call from Next Adventure to notify you of the cancelation and to arrange for a refund of your entry fee. :-(
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 06:27:23 PM by Ling Banger »

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
That is too bad.

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Confirmed, it is cancelled.

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

bb2fish

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
That's a disapointment for Next Adventure to back off from a sponsored event.   What is their explanation for cancelling it?

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
That's a disapointment for Next Adventure to back off from a sponsored event.   What is their explanation for cancelling it?

Very few people registered for it.  To be honest I'm not really surprised.  The season has been rough this year and that means low enthusiasm. Not to worry though, I've got an idea cooking. ;)

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon

It isn't disappointing at all. We all tried to promote the event the best we could. We just tried to wedge it into a tough weekend. Mother's Day, halibut season opener, and the Assoc. of Northwest Steelheaders has another big tourney running to support Salmon Quest. Also, a good number of folks are gearing up to head over to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout next weekend. May is just a rough month, and as Rawk stated, the low numbers of fish taken thus far certainly didn't help. No harm, no foul.

Next Adventure has done a lot for all of the HOW chapters in the region and their support in the past, present, and future is very much appreciated.

minnowmagnet

• Lingcod
  • aka That F'n minnowmagnet
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Dang! I was looking forward to the event.
I guess I didn't realize that this springer season has been so tough on folks. I must be extremely lucky this year. Probably because of all the pure, clean and honest living.