Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:55:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Sunset bay angler of the day  (Read 1287 times)

Kayakkyle

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Jun 2018
AUGUST 25TH. Just registered to fish the 9th annual sunset bay angler of the day, was just wondering who else is going/planning on going. I'll likely be there 2 days before the event to get some fishing and crabbing in. I will also be scuba diving out of my kayak in the bay if anyone is interested in that. Cheers.

C_Run

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2011
My wife and I are signed up. They just reported E. coli in the water at Sunset on the news this morning.

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
My wife and I are signed up. They just reported E. coli in the water at Sunset on the news this morning.

I hear that's good on Cheerios.  :icon_thumright:

Not! 

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

PNW

• Teutrowenia pellucida (Googly-eyed glass squid)
  • Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
  • Date Registered: Sep 2008
That happens a few times a year. There isn't much water exchange with the open ocean in that bay, so it can get pretty warm & green in the summer.

I'll be there.

C_Run

• Sturgeon
That happens a few times a year. There isn't much water exchange with the open ocean in that bay, so it can get pretty warm & green in the summer.

I'll be there.

We're going regardless. I trust my immune system.

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013

I'll be there.

We're going regardless. I trust my immune system.

Can I have the custom rudder mount on your Trident if your immune system proves to be untrustworthy?   :D
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

C_Run

• Sturgeon
I'll put that in my will, Tinker.

PNW

• Teutrowenia pellucida (Googly-eyed glass squid)
  • Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
  • Date Registered: Sep 2008
July 20, 2018
Media contact: Delia Hernández, Oregon Health Authority, 503-422-7179, phd.communications@state.or.us
Health advisory for water contact at Sunset Bay State Park Beach lifted July 20
Testing shows fecal bacteria levels have subsided
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA) today lifted a public health advisory for contact with marine water at Sunset Bay State Park Beach located in Coos County. The health authority issued the advisory July 18, 2018 after water samples showed higher-than-normal levels of fecal bacteria in ocean waters
Results from later samples taken by the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) showed lower bacteria levels. Contact with the water no longer poses a higher-than-normal risk. However, officials recommend staying out of large pools on the beach that are frequented by birds, and runoff from those pools, because the water may contain increased bacteria from fecal matter.
State officials continue to encourage other recreational activities at all Oregon beaches, suggesting only that water contact be avoided when advisories are in effect.
Since 2003 state officials have used a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency grant to monitor popular Oregon beaches and make timely reports to the public about elevated levels of fecal bacteria. Oregon state agencies participating in this program are OHA, DEQ and the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department.

For more information, visit the Oregon Beach Monitoring Program website at http://www.healthoregon.org/beach or call 971-673-0440, or call the OHA toll-free information line at 877-290-6767.

goldendog

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
I will be fishing on Friday if conditions permit. Saturday too, no matter the conditions🤢
Fishing is much more than fish.  It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.  ~Herbert Hoover

anything