Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 10:34:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 09:12:10 PM]

[Today at 06:04:24 PM]

by jed
[Today at 04:56:16 PM]

by PNW
[Today at 03:57:54 PM]

[Today at 09:43:36 AM]

[Today at 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 11:59:14 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 10:23:24 AM]

[April 02, 2024, 09:39:30 AM]

[April 01, 2024, 12:06:53 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: 2012 Invasive Species Permits  (Read 31028 times)

jstonick

Just remember if you bought a red one last year that it is good for two years and does not expire until December 31, 2012.

???  What is this red one you are speaking of? 

I have got two 7$ permits so far and still have a third one to purchase.  Dang come to think of it pretty soon I will have my own personal flotilla.  ;D  I wonder if there are any discounts or group offerings for them outfits that have lots of kayaks out on the water.

When I bought my kayak they had two permits, a one year or a two year. The two year was red. It was more than the one year. I do not recall the color of the one year.

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
Craig

We're going to need 3 for the ORC this year. Can you order for us? I can send you the $$$ via paypal.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I've always been able to get one wherever I bought my oregon license from.

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
I better bone up on the specifics since I also have a small aluminum boat. I wonder if I need a separate "powerboat" permit, or if one will serve for both craft? :police:  After all I will only use one at a time.

If I read the regs correctly, the invasive species permit is part of the regular PB licensing.

-Spot-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
$22 for out of stater kayaks permit.
$5 for in state kayak permit.

-Permits are transferrable to other manually powered craft.

-Permits can be loaned to friends and family members.

There looks to be a serious loophole that the state could miss out on some cash.
Now, who's to stop any Oregonian from skimming? 

Buy a few for $5 each, sell to an outta state buddy for $6, and make a buck. 

Do the out of state permits look any different than the in state prints?

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
I better bone up on the specifics since I also have a small aluminum boat. I wonder if I need a separate "powerboat" permit, or if one will serve for both craft? :police:  After all I will only use one at a time.

If I read the regs correctly, the invasive species permit is part of the regular PB licensing.

-Spot-

If it's a small aluminum row boat without a motor, or sail it doesn't need PB licensing.  He'll need the kayak version.

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
You know?  I think that many more folks that have kayaks, probably have more than one, vs most PB owners usually only have one.  The PB's get off with one permit that is half as much as individual kayaks.

If they are not targeting individual kayaks for make more revenue, why not have it this way?

A guy goes in to get permits for his 3 kayaks.  Instead of paying for each permit, just pay for one, and get 3 copies. 
I could swallow this a bit easier. 

Either that, or include all water craft down to 5' or more, and generate way more cash.
And out of state PB's pay a huge amount, as these invasive gremlins are coming from out of state, right? 

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
How 'bout this Craig:

State sets up toll booths at the entry and exit points and charges everyone pulling a boat in or out of the state an entry fee.   With an additional $5 per wakeboard >:D 

Oh and $1M for each personal waterterrorist craft.. er I mean uh, jet ski.

On a serious note, is it really $22 for an out of state kayak?

snopro

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008

I think you werer looking at the out of state power boater permit.  Oregon and out of state kayakers pay the same $7 fee.

From the regs...

"Paddle craft and other non-motorized vessels 10 feet and over
•Permits for non-motorized craft (canoe, kayak, drift boat, etc.) cost $7 ($5 permit plus $2 agent fee). This applies to both resident and nonresident boaters."

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008

I think you werer looking at the out of state power boater permit.  Oregon and out of state kayakers pay the same $7 fee.

From the regs...

"Paddle craft and other non-motorized vessels 10 feet and over
•Permits for non-motorized craft (canoe, kayak, drift boat, etc.) cost $7 ($5 permit plus $2 agent fee). This applies to both resident and nonresident boaters."

You are correct, sir!  I thought I read that out of staters could not order them but had to buy a one year $7 permit.  I would order a 2 year $10 permit from the OSMB and save $4 if I were from out of state and planning to hit the ORC both years.  There is something about paying a 40% tax ($2 service fee) on a $5 item that really pisses me off.

Craig

We're going to need 3 for the ORC this year. Can you order for us? I can send you the $$$ via paypal.

I guess you don't need me to do this now.  Just order all three on one form and the only service fee is the price of a stamp.

DeaFish

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Dec 2011
There looks to be a serious loophole that the state could miss out on some cash.
Now, who's to stop any Oregonian from skimming?   

I for one would be willing to let this stand.
In order to close the loophole, the state would have to attach each permit to a specific vessel license.
I like my "Non-Motorized Motorboat" (at top of permit) without numbers on the hull.

Mean Joe

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009

-Spot-

Yes, I now see that now as well, thanks.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 10:30:33 PM by Mean Joe »

willbd

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011

[/quote]
You are correct, sir!  I thought I read that out of staters could not order them but had to buy a one year $7 permit.  I would order a 2 year $10 permit from the OSMB and save $4 if I were from out of state and planning to hit the ORC both years.  There is something about paying a 40% tax ($2 service fee) on a $5 item that really pisses me off.

Craig

I guess you don't need me to do this now.  Just order all three on one form and the only service fee is the price of a stamp.
[/quote]

I just picked up a permit at the Tualatin REI for $4.99.
They don't charge the $2 fee.

willbd

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Cool. That is good to know.  I may have to grab another. 

Depoecod

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Never let it be said that age breeds knowledge and forethought..........

So I went to the ODFW websight and wondered why I couldn't buy the permit for $5.00 instead of $7.00, and why I could not get it for TWO years instead of just one.  Well, after I settled on the higher priced deal, I reread the post..........    OSMB, not ODFW is apparently where you can get two year and for 5 bucks each.

A youth.......... why is it always wasted on the young?    :embarassed:

anything