Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:06:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Marine Area 7 Salmon(?)  (Read 10017 times)

Rory

• Sturgeon
  • Rory's Internets Audio Blog
  • Date Registered: Jan 2010
know you're a tall guy, but how high would the addition of bars and cradles make your Westy?? some ferries have major height penalties for anything over 7 ft. [ thats if you'd ever use a ferry]

Might not be a problem.  I asked the guy Friday, "do we have a deal?" he said "we have a deal." But today he appears to be backing out. I am upset to say the least.  People who don't keep their word annoy me.
"When you get into one of these groups, there's only a couple ways you can get out. One, is death. The other...mental institutions"

wolverine

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Nov 2007
 The WSF on line fare schedule does show an upcharge for vehicle over 7'-6" in height. Whereas the BC ferry system has dropped their over height fees for non commercial vehicles. They make up for it with their length fees. Longer than 18' is $5.50 for ea ft.

kallitype

• Sturgeon
  • Vashon Island kayaker
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
Eeek!  BC charge hurts!  I took my Revo to Lopez in the bed of the truck, it hung over tailgate about 5 feet, but the kind lady at Anacortes did not charge me for over 20 feet!!
Never underestimate the ability of our policymakers to fail to devise and implement intelligent policy

HBH

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
Rory, havent had a chance to get my kayak wet for a bit but the salmon bug can be a bitch...i spent 4 days in my PB without a keeper yet  >:(

i might need to ditch the PB and try the kayak again  ;D

good spots to try:
light house park
point whitehorn
sandy point
migley
legoe bay
pt lawrence
parker reef
samish island

it is a little early for good salmon returns yet around MA7

i spoke with the WDFW catch checker guy on saturday and he said he had not seen many salmon brought it yet

Rory

• Sturgeon
Yeah, that's what I figured.  I'm traveling for a couple weeks and I'm hoping that there wil be more salmon present when I get back in August.  I'll definitely be hitting up the places you suggested!

Thanks,
Rory
"When you get into one of these groups, there's only a couple ways you can get out. One, is death. The other...mental institutions"

BorderYakker

• Krill
  • All Fish in photos are larger than they appear.
  • My Facebook page.
  • Date Registered: Jul 2010
I went out to Birch Bay last night fishing at the state park ramp. No salmon yet. There is a resident that lives right at the public boat launch that says he has been going out every day to see if the silvers are in yet. My buddy picked up a big dogfish before the wind kicked up.

I talked to some of the boat patrol guys out there and found out where a good rocky point is and a nice kelp bed. Sounds promising. I will keep checking back and try it in a couple of weeks.

I did get my yak out on some rough water and learned a few lessons that will stick with me. One was the need for the lip grips. Fighting the hook out of that dogfishes mouth in the wind and waves was a chore. Good lesson. Lol

I will get the boat guys to take me out next week and see if we can scout some other decent structure. Area yesterday between the point and the refinery looked promising.
Always looking for new fishing spots and tactics. I pretty much catch and release everything.

Rory

• Sturgeon
HBH proves there are LARGE kings in Marine Area 7!  He and his dad were nice enough to take me out on their boat Saturday.  Had a great time and got to witness Bernie land this monster!