Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:57:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Brownlee Crappie Shootout III  (Read 3452 times)

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Just wanted to get the date out there. Will be shooting for May 19, 2018 for BCSIII. This should miss the WA halibut opener. Will try to have it at the same park- Hewitt Holcomb near Richland, OR. I'll add any updates here and have a more formal announcement as it gets closer. Thanks for the support guys- jed

loreglas

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
Looking forward to it.
Hobie Outback   Tarpon 120
9th place Brownlee Crappie Shootout 2017

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Looking forward to it.
Thanks Loretta, it was great meeting you and Mickey last year. Glad you are planning to come over in 2018.

IdahoSkies

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Right on Dan, one of the original dozen. Looking forward to seeing you.

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
As long as it's not a Halibut weekend, I'll be there bro!

-Mark-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon

-Mark-
WDFW called me in Nov to make sure our dates didn't conflict so we should be good. ;)

Coastal Chief

• ORC_Safety
  • Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Apr 2017
Well...

I tried ORC and loved it, so now I have to give this a shot!   Looking forward to a trip East, now time to find an rv spot.

bb2fish

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013

-Mark-
WDFW called me in Nov to make sure our dates didn't conflict so we should be good. ;)
WOW, I knew you ranked pretty high, Jed!

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon

-Mark-
WOW, I knew you ranked pretty high, Jed!
Haha, I'm also known to be full of crap. It was good meeting you at the ORC Barb, hope to fish with you this year.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Well...

I tried ORC and loved it, so now I have to give this a shot!   Looking forward to a trip East, now time to find an rv spot.
Hi Chief, happy to hear you may try to make it over this year. Last year everyone stayed at Hewitt Holcomb park. RV space with hookups were $20. Without $15. Tent sites $11. I'm planning on having it there again but am having trouble getting in touch with park people. I will update what I find out.

Dan_E

• Lingcod
  • Formerly known as Indyflyer
  • Date Registered: Dec 2010
Well...

Check Google maps satellite view for Hewitt Holcomb Park and you will see acampground on the peninsula across Immigrant Gulch at the end of Hewitt Drive.  It has electric hookups, a nice shower building (bring quarters), pull-thru sites and a boat ramp for easy launching.  It is first come, first serve, a really nice campground.  Also has a dump station for the big RVs.  It's just a short jump over to Holcomb Park where all the festivities occur. 

Got it on my calendar, hoping for another sleigh ride from a big carp like last year! 

Dan_E
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 04:01:53 PM by Dan_E »

Merz

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2010
Do most people drive somewhere to launch on tournament day? Or just launch from the campground? Never been there before. Really looking forward to it.
-Evan
1st 2016 AOTY
1st 2018 SBAOTD
1st 2019 BCS
1st 2022 SBAOTD
1st 2023 BCS
1st 2023 OKBF Davis Lake Flying Kayak Open
1st 2023 SBAOTD

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Well...

Check Google maps satellite view for Hewitt Holcomb Park and you will see an Oregon State campground on the peninsula across Immigrant Gulch at the end of Hewitt Drive.  It is so new that the Oregon State Parks website doesn't even show it.  It has electric hookups, a nice shower building (bring quarters), pull-thru sites and a boat ramp for easy launching.  It is first come, first serve, a really nice campground.  Also has a dump station for the big RVs.  It's just a short jump over to Holcomb Park where all the festivities occur. 

Got it on my calendar, hoping for another sleigh ride from a big carp like last year! 

Dan_E
Thanks Dan, glad to see another one of the originals planning on making it.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Do most people drive somewhere to launch on tournament day? Or just launch from the campground? Never been there before. Really looking forward to it.
Hi Evan, happy to hear you are planning to make it. People fished all over last year. The camp site is on the Powder river arm of Brownlee. If you fish there you need an Oregon licence. Most of the Idaho guys fished the main stem so they could use their ID lic. The guys that launched from right there at the park did really well. I think the top 5 places launched from there. I'll try to get out before the tourny and see what the bite is like.

anything