Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:27:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Cooler /Kill Bag from Scratch  (Read 10705 times)

Zach.Dennis

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2015
You can buy remnant pieces of various weights and colors downstairs at Andy & Bax.  They come in small rolls like 4" 6", and I think 8" wide and anything from a foot to four feet or more.  You just have to rummage through their shelf looking for what you need.

You can also buy webbing by the foot, and plastic D rings in a little area just before you head down stairs.
I am wanting to keep it the same colors.  I am going to order a yard for backup this weekend.
2021 1st Place ORC
2023 1st Place ORC

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
I've been following this thread... you do realize you're going to have a bunch of requests for these if it works well, right? You might consider if you could make a few bucks putting together kits or something. Just a thought. Or just actually produce them and price your time accordingly.

Zach.Dennis

• Salmon
I've been following this thread... you do realize you're going to have a bunch of requests for these if it works well, right? You might consider if you could make a few bucks putting together kits or something. Just a thought. Or just actually produce them and price your time accordingly.

I would be happy to make a few bags for others or help them source materials to make their own.  Once i finish the completed bags i will see if there is interest enough for me to make bags for others as it is easy to do a group of bags at once.  Or if anyone wants to make their own design from scratch i would be happy to help them get a hold of the proper materials.  Just send me a PM.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 04:04:29 PM by Zach.Dennis »
2021 1st Place ORC
2023 1st Place ORC

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
You can buy remnant pieces of various weights and colors downstairs at Andy & Bax.  They come in small rolls like 4" 6", and I think 8" wide and anything from a foot to four feet or more.  You just have to rummage through their shelf looking for what you need.

You can also buy webbing by the foot, and plastic D rings in a little area just before you head down stairs.
I am wanting to keep it the same colors.  I am going to order a yard for backup this weekend.

I completely understand the importance of keeping the colors exactly the same on the prototype model. 
That's pretty much the standard in the industry.  :happy3:

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
Zach, howz your kill bag construction coming along? 

Looking forward to seeing how it comes out.  :icon_thumright:

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

Zach.Dennis

• Salmon

I have been so busy fishing i forgot to give an update/  The triangle bag is finished and works great.  I have been slow to sew th zipper of the other bag.  I will update with pictures tonight. 

Ice kept for the full day while salmon fishing both days this weekend.

zach
2021 1st Place ORC
2023 1st Place ORC

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon

I have been so busy fishing i forgot to give an update/  The triangle bag is finished and works great.  I have been slow to sew th zipper of the other bag.  I will update with pictures tonight. 

Ice kept for the full day while salmon fishing both days this weekend.

zach

Sweet to hear it came together and works as planned. 

You do realize you now have a laser dot aimed right at you for future builds, right?  :toothy9:

Zach.Dennis

• Salmon
Here are some photos of one of the bags. I have been slammed at work and unable to give updates. Will post pictures of the second. I have used the bags several times and it has worked great and holds ice all day.
2021 1st Place ORC
2023 1st Place ORC

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008

Zach.Dennis

• Salmon
That looks great!

Thanks Craig. Excited to get the zipper on the second bag and use it. Both are  plenty big to carry gear or use as a cooler.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 10:04:13 PM by Zach.Dennis »
2021 1st Place ORC
2023 1st Place ORC

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
Looks good.  Now that you have the glued together proof of concept down, when are you taking orders?  We've several peeps here that would really like to throw money at you.   ;)

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
I have been trying different concepts with the internal Revo bag.  The first one, I went too big.  I coouldn't get it inside.  I don't know what I was thinking.  The thing could have held a 42" halibut and a limit of rockfish.  ::)  It was just a mock-up with the bubble wrap that came on my new Outback so n "real" material loss.  I am curious if yours fits inside a Revo?

« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 12:02:57 PM by craig »

Zach.Dennis

• Salmon
Looks good.  Now that you have the glued together proof of concept down, when are you taking orders?  We've several peeps here that would really like to throw money at you.   ;)

Haha. Thanks!  When i first envisioned doing this it was going to be more of a how to thing.    But i would be willing to make bags for other people.  If people are interested, i will make them during the December/January time frame-- as that is typically when my work and fishing season slow down.  Just send me a message if you are interested.  I could do custom sized/shaped bags if people want.  Based on interest i will work out a price and commuicate it here on the board.  If people do not like the price they can back out or if others like the price they can buy in.  I am not looking to use this as a money maker just something to do that is fishing related during my slower season (I am bad at steelhead fishing, hoping to change that tho).

I have been trying different concepts with the internal Revo bag.  The first one, I went too big.  I coouldn't get it inside.  I don't know what I was thinking.  The thing could have held a 42" halibut and a limit of rockfish.  ::)  It was just a mock-up with the bubble wrap that came on my new Outback so n "real" material loss.  I am curious if yours fits inside a Revo?

Hey Craig,

I do not own a Revo but i do not see why the triangle bag would not fit- its material is stiff but it can still form with pressure.  My second bag which is the shape of a trapezoid definitely will fit in a smaller hole.  My trapezoid bag is turning out to be my favorites.  I think it will be perfect for Ocean fishing and i will probably use the triangle bag for salmon.  It is a bit shorter but i could easily make it longer.  I will get pictures of it up tonight without the zipper.  I just need to add a zipper to it- the hardest part for me.
2021 1st Place ORC
2023 1st Place ORC

bluewrx02

• Salmon
  • Facebook
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
Nice job Zach! If you need to see if it fits in a Revo13 let me know, but if it fits, its mine. LOL
2011 Oregon Rockfish Classic – 1st place
2013 Oregon Rockfish Classic - 1st place

2011 Hobie Outback     
2013 Hobie Revo 13     
2014 Hobie Adventure Island