Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:00:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: NA: Thirsty Thursday December 13, 2018  (Read 2278 times)

MurseStrong

• Lingcod
  • 2009 OK T11 2016 Hobie Revo 13 2018 Hobie Revo 13
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
Next Adventure is offering a seminar on fall/winter river kayak fishing in the PNW. Last year I spoke about targeting salmonids and everything from basic safety, SOT kayaks, gear, timing, reading water, specific rivers, rods, resources, techniques, etc. I am interested in helping provide a collaborative educational & social networking experience for everyone, to promote more of us getting out safely targeting these prize fish year round. Please let us know what you are interested in and how we can tailor an event to your interests.

Hugh
If You Know The Answer, Ask Bigger Questions

"You are killing me, fish, the old man thought. But you have a right to. Never have I seen a greater, or more beautiful, or a calmer or more noble thing than you, brother."
-The Old Man and the Sea

MurseStrong

• Lingcod
Are you interested in Steelhead & Salmon river fishing? Want to learn how to safely paddle and navigate a variety of our PNW rivers within 2 hours of Portland? Join me for an in depth discussion at Next Adventure Paddle Sports. Free Libations sponsored by Hub Brewery.
https://www.facebook.com/events/255047475189701/?ti=ia

"You are killing me, fish, the old man thought. But you have a right to. Never have I seen a greater, or more beautiful, or a calmer or more noble thing than you, brother."
-The Old Man and the Sea

MurseStrong

• Lingcod
I gave this seminar last year & we had a great turn out. It looks like this year I am able to offer a FREE GIFT RAFFLE from sponsors like Thirsty, Steelhead Stalkers, VIP Outdoors & Fly/jig/spinner guru Matt Schindler from Schindler’s Fly Shack. Cheers, bring on the fish talk & beers 🍻
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 06:20:42 PM by MurseStrong »

-The Old Man and the Sea

snopro

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
Thanks to NA, Hop works and Hugh for the informative talk tonight.  Looking forward to testing the Katy Perry beads on some Winter metal heads.

Wilfite

• Rockfish
  • Fish'n's good, Catch'n's better.
  • Date Registered: Oct 2017
I tried to go.  After circling the area for 20 minutes and not finding anywhere to park I eventually gave up and went home.  2.5 hrs of driving wasted and I really wanted to go (missed it last year too).  I wish they'd have these somewhere with more than 3 parking spots.
-Tony

Wilderness Systems Thresher 15.5 (Yellow)
Old Town Predator MK, (Lime Green Camo)

MurseStrong

• Lingcod
Thank you everyone who showed up, especially those who stayed until the end! I don’t want to be negative or rain on the parade, but I am still in shock about an incident in the parking lot. Howard drove up from Cave Junction, bought a new Hobie Outback, stayed for the entire seminar, then found his passenger window busted out in the NA parking lot. I’m thankful no one was hurt & he was lucky not to lose  any of the expensive electronics in his front seat. Nonetheless it is a shitty thing to happen & I think it would be an injustice to just overlook & forget the incident ever happened.
Thanks again to Next Adventure & everyone who showed up. We covered a lot of information & I hope everyone was able to take something home from this.

-The Old Man and the Sea

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
I tried to go.  After circling the area for 20 minutes and not finding anywhere to park I eventually gave up and went home.  2.5 hrs of driving wasted and I really wanted to go (missed it last year too).  I wish they'd have these somewhere with more than 3 parking spots.

You can park street side somewhere within a few blocks.  Still worth it to walk 5-10 mins after driving 2.5 hours.

Obviously it really doesn't matter where in PDX where you park, bad guys do bad things even in the assumed safe parking lot.  :-\

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

Wilfite

• Rockfish
  • Fish'n's good, Catch'n's better.
  • Date Registered: Oct 2017
 "Still worth it to walk 5-10 mins after driving 2.5 hours."

I don't have a problem walking.  The problem is outside of a couple blocks that neighborhood gets dark and a bit sketchy and I came from work so would be carrying my work laptop.  I tried to find a spot on the street inside of 4 blocks.  I usually try to arrive earlier but work stuff popped up at the last minute.  Just bummed I missed it again :-/

Too many businesses in that area without parking lots, I think.
-Tony

Wilderness Systems Thresher 15.5 (Yellow)
Old Town Predator MK, (Lime Green Camo)

anything