Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:16:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Favorite Lancer Jig color(s)?  (Read 5677 times)

Rory

• Sturgeon
  • Rory's Internets Audio Blog
  • Date Registered: Jan 2010
I know a number of folks on here like Lancer jigs alot.  Curious to know what colors are people prefer for lings.  I would guess "Waterdog"?

https://lancerjigs.com/?page_id=819

Dang things are pricey!
"When you get into one of these groups, there's only a couple ways you can get out. One, is death. The other...mental institutions"

dampainter

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
 for me its either gonna be the copper water dog , the black and silver or the purple nightmare.  one of those will get the job done. has not failed me yet.

MurseStrong

• Lingcod
  • 2009 OK T11 2016 Hobie Revo 13 2018 Hobie Revo 13
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
What a great subject of interest! There no right answer here and I’m curious as what colors are preferred to each area of coastal fisheries. I do like the waterdog a lot, but if I could ONLY choose one color it would be the purple nightmare.
Yes they are pricey!! However, the composition of the plastics have changed so they are said to be much more resilient (time will tell). A bottle of Gorilla/Super glue can make all the difference. Even some tiny zip ties.
What weight sizes do you all prefer? I don’t intend to start a “Big Lures Catch Big Fish” debate. Depending on the current & depth I’ve found that 2 oz suites me well for casting & retrieving around structure, presenting great action and enticing big lings at a slightly better price point. Jig on  :banjo:
Murse
If You Know The Answer, Ask Bigger Questions

"You are killing me, fish, the old man thought. But you have a right to. Never have I seen a greater, or more beautiful, or a calmer or more noble thing than you, brother."
-The Old Man and the Sea

rogerdodger

• Fish Retriever
  • Sturgeon
  • roger
  • Date Registered: Dec 2012
waterdog
blue-silver
green-silver
2019 Hobie Outback (Fish Retriever)

Matt M

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Waterdog is my favorite for sure, I've also had a ton of luck with the purple nightmare and also white.
-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Sun out = copper water dog, white or pink & white.

Cloud cover = purple nightmare or black and silver or copper waterdog.

I try them in that order.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
I think all of their colors work well but the one I use most or have the most confidence in is the 4 oz Copper Waterdog.

Rory

• Sturgeon
Thanks guys.  Are they only sold online?  And/or does anyone know if they give bulk pricing? 

Years ago the dude who makes them would drive his boat right up to you and give you a big bag of 'em.  Nice guy!  I think I finally ran out of that batch last year.
"When you get into one of these groups, there's only a couple ways you can get out. One, is death. The other...mental institutions"

rogerdodger

• Fish Retriever
  • Sturgeon
  • roger
  • Date Registered: Dec 2012
Thanks guys.  Are they only sold online?  And/or does anyone know if they give bulk pricing? 

Years ago the dude who makes them would drive his boat right up to you and give you a big bag of 'em.  Nice guy!  I think I finally ran out of that batch last year.

still only sold on-line as far as I know, my orders have all arrived quickly and usually some extra goodies, and they recently made some nice design improvements...
2019 Hobie Outback (Fish Retriever)

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012

https://lancerjigs.com

Send an email and they are very responsive. I haven’t seen them for sale other than online or if you see them in person, but that might have changed now, not sure.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
I usually call them and order that way or stop by their place in Shelton (this can get spendy) if I'm passing through. Not sure about bulk discounts but it seems like they try to throw in extra gear whenever they can. If you stop by their shop you can check out their new designs and stuff Tony is toying with like curly tails and they just sent me some soft beads to try. He's also making some twitching jigs for coho.

Rory

• Sturgeon
Cool - order placed !

DWB123

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2013
they even have your valentine's day gifts covered!

bb2fish

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
they even have your valentine's day gifts covered!

oh dear!

Beachmaster90

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Feb 2015
I know a number of folks on here like Lancer jigs alot.  Curious to know what colors are people prefer for lings.  I would guess "Waterdog"?

https://lancerjigs.com/?page_id=819

Dang things are pricey!

At first I thought they were pricey, but they really don’t seem to stay stuck to the bottom if you just try jerking from a few different directions. They also work really well!I like purple nightmare, copper waterdog, and black and silver in that order. 4oz is my favorite size for ling cod. Like others have said, I always superglue the tails when I replace them and add superglue to any cracks in the tails and that makes them last much longer.

anything