Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:20:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 19, 2024, 09:27:54 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 08:37:24 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Kayak Fshing Magazine needs one more key player. Systems and management.  (Read 1477 times)

Bushy

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
Kayak Fishing Magazine has been moribund for many months now.  It's a combo kayak fishing amalgamator and online magazine production with over 16 years of history and saved content.  We're worldwide and grassroots, and REAL. We have articles from Spain, Portugal, South Africa, Argentina, Brazile Central America, Mexico Africa, Great Britian, Australia, New Zealand and of course all over US, Alaska, Hawaii and Canada.

I need more!!!!

Once Polepole and I took it over, we gained over 100% "likes" on FB.  We're currently holding at over 70,000 "likes."

Problem is bugs and hacks shut it down due to the archaic program it was running n. 

I need someone to regain access, port everything over to new software version, and continue to handle the server end of things. Renumeration can include kayak fishing goodies/equipment in the short term, with a financial renumeration  share of advertising revenue, projected within 6 months.

Authoring articles/videos is a plus if you so desire, but not a necessity.

Gotta be NCKA or NWKA, gotta have mad skills, gotta be stoked, gotta be cool, gotta share The Madness!  that's what it's about really, bringing The Madness to the world.

Serious inquiries please PM me.  General question OK to post on thread.

Bushmeister

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
What about wise azz  remarks?

And HELL NO I have a hard time on my damn iPhone so I’m out.

You forgot to mention the posh parties, fast kayaks and loose lipped fish!

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

Guppy Tamer

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jun 2011
Are you basically looking to recover the old web content (that you no longer have access to) and get it up running on a new web hosting service? Just trying to make sure I understand the request.

Bushy

• Herring
Are you basically looking to recover the old web content (that you no longer have access to) and get it up running on a new web hosting service? Just trying to make sure I understand the request.

Thanks.   First, don't forget loose lipped parties and posh fish.

But yeah, recovering info and publishing on an upto date version of the magazine software. Hosting service is stable, same as NWKA/NCKA.

Bushy

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Gotta be NCKA or NWKA, gotta have mad skills, gotta be stoked, gotta be cool, gotta share The Madness!  that's what it's about really, bringing The Madness to the world.

I had every IT skill you could possibly need until I read the "gotta be cool" part.  Rats!
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

Bushy

• Herring

I had every IT skill you could possibly need until I read the "gotta be cool" part.  Rats!

"Asshole" qualifies as well

Bouché

workhard

• Salmon
  • Get off your computer and fish
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
I'm more of a statistical programmer in R and python, but have a pretty good handle on SQL and docker. Also have a stood up a flask (python) web application in production on AWS. I can offer some help if you're truly desperate.

Bushy

• Herring
I'm more of a statistical programmer in R and python, but have a pretty good handle on SQL and docker. Also have a stood up a flask (python) web application in production on AWS. I can offer some help if you're truly desperate.

Thanks Workhard.  I wouldn't say desperate, but definitely determined.  The process may be much more simple than I am making it sound.  Mainly because of my ignorance.  I will PM you with specifics this weekend.  thanks.

Bushy

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014

Bouché
HEY .... you know Kevin we’ll  >:D
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 09:00:54 AM by Mojo Jojo »

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013

Bouché

I prefer "Asshat" if you don't mind.  More seriously, I was a Systems Engineer and the Director of Medical Computing for the UA Health Sciences Center.  If it has a database, I know what to do with it.

But now I'm offended...   :crybaby2:
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

Bushy

• Herring

But now I'm offended...   :crybaby2:

Do not pout. It's a compliment!   I myself am a proud asshole!  I even got the T Shirt!  AHI.   Asshole Invitational!

Let's talk.

Bushy
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 10:30:13 AM by Bushy »

Skilledge

• Krill
  • Date Registered: May 2016
I am more then happy to get it done right with no financial kickbacks, if you still need help. It's what I do for work every day besides fishing. I will have a phD from uw in cs next month and 7 years experience. I got my undergrad from SU.

bizshop

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Apr 2018
Sounds like Krill has it wired. I can do it if the coding is in php and any SQL version of database.