Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:19:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Kitsap County base looking for fellow anglers...  (Read 5469 times)

maturin

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Anybody based out of Kitsap county wanna get out and work more water?   Lake and Sound, just looking for buds...

searun1

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Jun 2016
Hey I am a little south of you in Port Orchard.  I am looking to get out more in my kayak and would like some company to fish with.  I am pretty close to Long Lake and the Manchester Launch.  I am off for the summer so pretty open on availability.  I mostly chase Searun cutts, rainbows in lakes and bass as well as freedive from my kayak.

SR1

Widgeonmangh

• Lingcod
  • Fishing Kayaks of Gig Harbor
  • Date Registered: Jul 2013
I fish Lake Devereaux (Just south of Belfair)quite a bit.  Have done the salt around Gig Harbor but not much lately just due to the time invested per catch being so high it is hard to get motivated to go.  I have been focusing on kokanee instead.  I pretty much have Devereaux dialed in so if you ever want to pursue some small kokanee and lots of willing trout let me know.

I also try and get out to American Lake in Tacoma.

Might be up for some other spots too.  It is a pink year (although I hear the returns are not so good) but they are sure fun.

Good luck.
Fish on the right side that's where the fish are! John 21:6

I am no longer a dealer for Wavewalk but if you ever want to paddle one let me know!

grgflowers

• Herring
  • Date Registered: May 2013
It's nice to see some Kitsap people on here. We have been fishing pretty much all freshwater lately. However, we are looking to do some MA10 fishing this AUG/SEP. My buddy set up NW Kayak Fishing on facebook to give us an easy way to set up and share fishing trips. It is geared toward kayak fishing/hunting around Kitsap and Mason counties. If you are interested I will let you know when we head out next.

searun1

• Krill
Widgeon I have fished Devereaux a few times and have some Kokanee gear so I would definitely meet up with you.

Grg I would be interested for sure.  Would like to get more familiar with area 10 since I am a long time 11 and 13 fisherman.  I just recently moved to the area.

School is out as of today so every day is/can be a fishing day!

SR1

Widgeonmangh

• Lingcod
Searun1 - Devereaux is my home lake, so I hit it often.  I will probably be going out on Sunday morning.  I haven't dialed in a time yet.  Usually it is about 9ish. The fish are very civilized and still bite even though I sleep in.  Lol.  I have a downrigger so I can get to them easy enough. The kokanee were at 24-26 feet last week. That is typically where they hang.  They are smaller this year 9-10 inches. They were small last year too, but the year before they were 11-12 inches which was nice.  I will post up and confirm the time.  It would be great to meet you (or anyone else who would like to come out)

I am no longer a dealer for Wavewalk but if you ever want to paddle one let me know!

searun1

• Krill
Sounds good.  That is deep.  The only way I will get those Kokanee is by bringing my skiff with the downriggers.

SR1

Widgeonmangh

• Lingcod
24 feet isn't that deep for kokanee.  I was catching some on the surface as well.  Using a dick nite pink spatter with a pink hoochie 50 pulls back.  But you get a lot of trout that way.  When I go deeper I get the kokanee but not the trout (if you can get your lure down before the trout get it).  It is a lake with no motors allowed. (if you bring your skiff).

Widgeonmangh

• Lingcod
Going to try and get out early and head home early.  7ish in the morning since it is going to be so hot.

By the by only bait needed is Shoepeg corn works great on both the kokanee and the trout.

Here is my favorite kokanee rig (since it catches kokanee but not as many trout) on this lake.  Second is a Dicknite pink with a pink hoochie but it catches trout as fast as kokanee.  I do also love a Arrowflash nickel/UV with a pink hoochie.  Those are the top three go to set ups on this lake.

Hope to see you out there.  I will probably be the only guy in a Wavewalk (although there are a couple others that are around that fish this lake) mine is green.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 06:14:10 AM by Widgeonmangh »

searun1

• Krill
I hope you did well Widgeon.  I am still (my truck is anyway) moving my buddy today.  Right in the heat of the day too.  Hopefully we can connect here soon.  I was thinking of making a poor mans downriggers with a ball and some paracord.

SR1

Widgeonmangh

• Lingcod
You can pick up a Scotty Lake troller for $40 - $50 tops on craigslist.  That is all I use.

Fish were at 27-29 feet today.   I actually had a hard time finding them.  They were there the whole time but I was not using the right combination.  My go to was not working, so I went to second string.  It didn't work so I varied my depth looking for them.  Finally went to option three and had a limit in less that 45 min.  I was done by 11:30am and fooled around with some other lures for a bit before coming home.  I am now cooly ensconced in my downstairs where it stays nice an cool.  Not a lot of size to them but you can't beat the lake with no skiers or jet skis.  ahhhh.....

searun1

• Krill
Thanks for the downrigger tip.  I will look into it.  Got any tips on mounting?  What size ball are you dragging?

Thanks!

SR1

Widgeonmangh

• Lingcod
Sorry for the death of the picture. I no longer use photo bucket.

I use a 4 lb ball but I also have two others where I use a 3 lb.  In fact, rather than buy the expensive downrigger balls with the fins etc.  I just buy the 3 -4lb weights that the deep sea guys use for ??? (halibut?) at Sportco.  As long as you clip into the swivel above the weight then the weight can spin all it likes and no tangles.

I use a scotty rod holder base, but my mounting situation might be somewhat unique due to the unique shape of the Wavewalk.  With the split hulls I am able to mount my downrigger front and center.  I can run two poles and stack.  Here is a video I shot my first trip out this year.  It shows my whole set up pretty well. 

There is an older video on my channel of me stacking them. I was in the W500 vs. the W700 but the set up is the same.  I went out on Monday afternoon and caught a quick limit of Kokanee.  They are getting bigger since the last time I was there.  I am possibly going out this afternoon evening.

maturin

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Thinking of going after Bass this wekeend if anyone wants to join, probably Sunday

searun1

• Krill
I would be interested in chasing bass.  I have a new Lews set up that needs christening.  What lake our you thinking of hitting?

SR1