Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:40:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Wednesday 8/16 Nehalem salmon harassment  (Read 1447 times)

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
CK and I are planning a salmon harassment trip in the Nehalem this Wednesday with a 0h600ish launch (what's the oh for,... oh shito that's early) meet at the Wheeler boat launch around 0515-0530. 3 hours of inbound tide and off the water when we had enough peddling.

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

Stinger Hook

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015

Good luck with the harassment!

I will probably hit NH Bay on Saturday. Have to work on Wednesday >:(
Let us know how you do!

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
Thanks S.H. , all packed up and ready for a holly sh/t early morning. I'll post up an after report tomorrow evening. 

Shannon

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
Well it was a beautiful day to be trolling for salmon unfortunately it wasn't a great day to be catching. I got one soft bite on a plastic herring and one on a spinner. Plenty of salad to go around but I forgot the ranch dressing. We both caught a bullhead aka sculpin and I caught the ever elusive drunk redneck idiot that fell out his boat trying to fight a "monster salmon" actual snag that yanked his arse out of the boat in jeans and sneakers, topless and no pfd. The pfd that drunk nuts number two threw probably wasn't even fit for a  Chihuahua let alone the only drunk that knew how to operate a power boat. Drunk nuts number 3 (also topless) proved beyond a shadow of doubt that he knows absolutely shit about boats as he's powering backwards on the kicker towards drunk Captain Shouldasleptin I reeled in out of shear fear of 3 hours of talking with the sherriff and coroner about the boat wreck we witnessed and shot a v-line to the floating turd in the water as numb nuts figured out how to turn a boat around. So as I'm telling the idiot to wait a minute so I can steady us using his boat he tries to jump on my bow and gets a paddle blade up his azz, so I told him  wait move forward and relax he pops up and sits on my bow and passes his rod and what I call a piece of a pfd to drunk nuts number 4 who had a look of "what are we doing" on his face the whole time. I firmly instruct him to wait till I tell him then hop off onto his boat so I can steady myself and not go swimming. They thanked us for the assist as we peddled away slowly going faster as we could here the banjos start to play over the cursing out of the "first mate" ( very loose use of that term there). Luckily for them they headed straight for the county dock because I was ready to make a phone call.

Shannon

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
SMH. Nice job on the assist. Mojo 1, Darwin 0.

YippieKaiyak

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
If I'm ever in the drink and need help, I hope Mojo is around.
Kayaking without wearing a PFD is like drunk driving.  You can get away with it for a while, but eventually someone dies.

Matt M

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Geez it sounds like you're owed a few nice salmon your next trip out!!!
-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012

If you are hoping to get it from the shirtless drunk cork bobbers it seems unlikely they would have salmon.  I'd ask them for some beer instead. 

Matt M

• Sturgeon

If you are hoping to get it from the shirtless drunk cork bobbers it seems unlikely they would have salmon.  I'd ask them for some beer instead. 

I was thinking more along the lines of Karma coming back around from the fish/river gods. A few nice beers would go a long ways as well.
-Matt

RoxnDox

• Salmon
  • Native Propel
  • Date Registered: Sep 2013

I was thinking more along the lines of Karma coming back around from the fish/river gods. A few nice beers would go a long ways as well.

So you're hoping for a cooler filled with ice and beer, floating along, tangled up in lines and being towed by a limit of salmon that have been tired out enough you can just dip-net and scoop 'em up as you "rescue" the cooler...   That'd be epic karmic justice!    :D :D :D
Junk Jigs "BEST USE OF ACTUAL JUNK" category - "That tape should have been a prized possession and not junk. That will be a collectors item in 30 years!” & “There sure is a lot of junk in there.”

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012

So you're hoping for a cooler filled with ice and beer, floating along, tangled up in lines and being towed by a limit of salmon that have been tired out enough you can just dip-net and scoop 'em up as you "rescue" the cooler...   That'd be epic karmic justice!    :D :D :D

That's just another September day on the Sacramento River from Hamilton City to the washout. Butte County kids are forgiven for thinking that it happens everywhere.

Matt M

• Sturgeon

That's just another September day on the Sacramento River from Hamilton City to the washout. Butte County kids are forgiven for thinking that it happens everywhere.

Guilty as charged!! They're a bit smellier once they hit that stretch of river though (the fish and the swimmers.)
-Matt

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
If I'm ever in the drink and need help, I hope Mojo is around.

Same here. But, Mojo? Just extend the paddle to me so I can get a grip. I really don't like the idea of having it  up my azz 😲
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

anything