Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:46:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 12:21:09 PM]

by PNW
[Today at 11:35:40 AM]

[Today at 10:02:38 AM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 11:59:14 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 10:23:24 AM]

[April 02, 2024, 09:39:30 AM]

[April 01, 2024, 12:06:53 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Proud Papa, IslandHoppa  (Read 2377 times)

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
My son and I have been at the mouth of the Klickitat all week for our annual trip. Today he landed this nice Chinook hovering eggs. We got soaked but it was great to be out again.

Tuesday he got a big Coho Pro-trolling a superbait.

Monday we landed 7 Chinook plus a Coho and two jacks with my guide buddy. One peek is worth a thousand finesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iHop

"Of all the things that wisdom provides to help one live one's entire life in happiness, the greatest by far is the possession of friendship." Epicurus

Hobie Tandem Island. OK Tetra 12, Jackson Coosa

Ranger Dave

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
Well, its not Aytch in the picture, but apparently a close facsimile (the one sitting upright). Glad to see you out there fella, and great father/son memories in the works.
Retired Army - 67N/67V/67R/15R

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
Well, its not Aytch in the picture, but apparently a close facsimile (the one sitting upright). Glad to see you out there fella, and great father/son memories in the works.

Wow! Dave, I didn’t recognize you at first with your new nom de guerre. Haven’t seen you for years! We should fish again some time. PM me if you’re up for it.

iHop

"Of all the things that wisdom provides to help one live one's entire life in happiness, the greatest by far is the possession of friendship." Epicurus

Ranger Dave

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
Nom de guerre ??? Look at you getting all "Frenchy" on us.  ;D  Most days, I'm doing good to order the #6 combo meal and a Cerveza muy fria from my favorite Mexican restaurant (illiterate in several languages).  I'd be honored to get out and fish together again some time fella. And yes, it's been a few years. As I recall, that was also the same time you met and made friends with Buzz Ramsey's nephew (don't recall his name...Jason, maybe?) who introduced us to the Zen of Power Bait and Battle Ground Lake.

Not that it's a secret from other NWKA members, but in an attempt to keep the spam down from the lurkers and trolls, with not so great intentions, I'll shoot you a pm with my new number.  So, back in the Couve from another attempt at living in Salt Lake, I ended up over by the Mall. And I think I read recently you are still over by Round Lake? The only reason I probably remember is because I met a very nice member, Kim (Kimeun on the forum) in the Round Lake parking lot to buy some rod mounts about a month ago. When she walked, rather than driving to the park, I wondered if she passed your place...maybe a neighbor.

Be safe and will talk soon Mr Hoppa.

Dave
Retired Army - 67N/67V/67R/15R

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
Nom de guerre ??? Look at you getting all "Frenchy" on us.  ;D  Most days, I'm doing good to order the #6 combo meal and a Cerveza muy fria from my favorite Mexican restaurant (illiterate in several languages).  I'd be honored to get out and fish together again some time fella. And yes, it's been a few years. As I recall, that was also the same time you met and made friends with Buzz Ramsey's nephew (don't recall his name...Jason, maybe?) who introduced us to the Zen of Power Bait and Battle Ground Lake.

Not that it's a secret from other NWKA members, but in an attempt to keep the spam down from the lurkers and trolls, with not so great intentions, I'll shoot you a pm with my new number.  So, back in the Couve from another attempt at living in Salt Lake, I ended up over by the Mall. And I think I read recently you are still over by Round Lake? The only reason I probably remember is because I met a very nice member, Kim (Kimeun on the forum) in the Round Lake parking lot to buy some rod mounts about a month ago. When she walked, rather than driving to the park, I wondered if she passed your place...maybe a neighbor.

Be safe and will talk soon Mr Hoppa.

Dave

Clearly your memory is much better than mine. I’m still above Round Lake. Jason in fact is Buzz Ramsey‘s nephew and he and I have fished many times since that day. We generally float the Washougal, Kalama or Lewis River in his cool drift boat. He’s taught me a lot about steelhead fishing. I’m trying to talk him into going up to float the Klickitat, I hear the Coho are running nicely above the town of Klickitat.

iHop