Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:45:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: MA10  (Read 6091 times)

henney

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Lots of coho out there right now. I was done by 8, as was another kayak angler (nice meeting you Tim). Mine came on a Mountain Dew Brad's CP, but just about everything is working. Go get some!

Trident 13

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
Always nice to get a Duce!  Shot a pm to you.

SeatownYak

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Dec 2016
Well done. What part of MA10 are your fishing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

henney

• Rockfish
Edmonds to Richmond Beach

skinner

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
It was great to meet you Henny,I was out again this morning with the same results. I was back on the beach by 8:30

searun1

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Jun 2016
I am farther south of you near the area 10/11 line and they seem to have vacated my area.  They were here and fishing was good and then they disappeared.

Can you provide any advice on how you are getting into them?  Not sure if that's protocol on this board but always willing to take advice.

SR1

henney

• Rockfish
It was great to meet you Henny,I was out again this morning with the same results. I was back on the beach by 8:30

Nice! I might be able to get out Wed, but I may be going to Shilshole to stay out of the weekday I-5 traffic. I'll let you know.

I am farther south of you near the area 10/11 line and they seem to have vacated my area.  They were here and fishing was good and then they disappeared.

Can you provide any advice on how you are getting into them?  Not sure if that's protocol on this board but always willing to take advice.

SR1

I'm running a Deep Six at 40-70' and trolling fast (3-4mph). I try to fish along tide rips, and I'm having pretty consistent luck when I'm able to find bait in the upper half of the water column. Green seems to be the hot color.
Skinner's using a downrigger, so he can get after fish that I can't reach.

Trident 13

• Salmon
trolling fast (3-4mph)

I was hoping to hit Edmonds Sunday, but forecast of winds at 10 gusting to 15 from the SSW and rain make hitting that speed kind of a tough paddle quartering into the wind towing a downrigger toward the oil docks.  I'd have to limit in about 10 minutes.  :embarassed:
I just confirmed with the WFG that the closure of the inner Shilshole Bay was lifted on 8-31.  Launching out of Golden Gardens offers more protected water that has been productive in years past.  I still plan to give it a shot unless we get the rain we need, just trending toward Shilsole  now which can be an easier option for others rather than risking the winds into Edmonds blowing right into the launch area.  I'm hoping to hit the water toward 6:45 ish.  Lots of boats will likely be leaving the main launch and smoking toward Jefferson Head, so if you're new to the area, the slot from the marina exit out towards the green buoy off Golden is a good place to avoid as well as be very visible, especially if boats are running in the rain.  Also, it's not usually necessary to be in that slot if the fish are in, you can fish in front of the breakwater or stay close to shore and venture around to the north side of the green buoy out of the fast lane.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 12:06:20 PM by Trident 13 »

henney

• Rockfish
Do you launch off the beach or use the ramp?

Trident 13

• Salmon
I like to launch off the beach as it can be a real zoo on the ramp. Also, I'm not fond of paddling out the jetty exit area with jack-wads going slow out of courtesy and leaving 3 foot short length waves as they turn out.  It's a good place to practice your emergency speed paddle for a couple hundred yards.  If you use the ramp, there's narrow lanes on the outside areas of the docks that usually work.  If I know there's going to be potential for wind, I drop at the beach and run the wheels back to the car.  Wind, rain, speeding boats in poor light make you want to think over your re-entry if needed.  Knock on wood, have never have had to yet (haven't launched in off an ocean beach yet) but want to be paying attention.  The nice thing is the park opens early and with that weather, you should be able to park close to a good launch point.  Try to pick a outwardly visible spot and avoid leaving anything of value in site.  I've actually parked on the street and wheeled in out of concern for some by-standers, but it's not usually bad, just pay attention if it's early enough to be dusky...
Address:
8498 Seaview Pl NW, Seattle, WA 98117
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 03:26:12 PM by Trident 13 »

skinner

• Krill
The fishing was very good again today. I fished straight out from the park, I caught 5 or 6 first thing this morning but only one was a unmarked fish. Then it was slow until the tide change around 10:00 then everyone had fish on. The fish I got today were the largest I have gotten so far this year. I tried to post a picture but it didn't work ,does anyone know the process for posting a picture?

Trident 13

• Salmon
Skinner, sent you a PM (Personal Message) that should help you.  It will show up in your email.  My numbers in it if you have more questions.

skinner

• Krill
These are the fish I caught today

Trident 13

• Salmon
Great job, now that you know how to re-size pictures, I'll expect to see more.  Maybe even that big first King!

henney

• Rockfish
That set up catches a lot of fish out there.

anything