Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:55:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Detected as a robot trying to send spam through the forum?  (Read 2155 times)

JasonM

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
I was presented with a notice today that I was a robot trying to send spam through the forum. Umm... ok. I haven't even posted on here in five days until this thread. It was amusing and not that much of an inconvenience to have to answer a couple simple math questions. What's the detection method that somehow detected that I'm a robot? :)

Pinstriper

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2015
I was presented with a notice today that I was a robot trying to send spam through the forum. Umm... ok. I haven't even posted on here in five days until this thread. It was amusing and not that much of an inconvenience to have to answer a couple simple math questions. What's the detection method that somehow detected that I'm a robot? :)

What do you mean "presented with a notice" ? Did you get an email claiming you had done this, and to click this here link to prove you didn't do it and restore your account ? If so, that was just a phishing email.
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !

Punctuation. It saves lives.

Lutefisk

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017

What do you mean "presented with a notice" ? Did you get an email claiming you had done this, and to click this here link to prove you didn't do it and restore your account ? If so, that was just a phishing email.

Haha, get it? "phishing email"

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008

Haha, get it? "phishing email"

I like this guy  :laughing4:
If this were the Spearboard.com forum it would be spear phishing.

JasonM

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017

No. It was this forum software that made me enter the answer to two addition questions on subsequent pages before it allowed access to the forum. It had nothing to do with email.

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
I get this all the time if I am on via VPN and occasionally when on public wifi. shrug.gif

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
I think it is the forum software anti-spam stuff kicking in, likely on IP address.

-Allen

anything