Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:09:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Wrecked by big chinook in less in 10 seconds  (Read 2074 times)

workhard

• Salmon
  • Get off your computer and fish
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015

Tip wrapped me and pinned the rod so I couldn't cross the bow. You can see the fish jumping 3ft in the air at the end of the video 100ft behind me.
Fish hard.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:39:23 PM by workhard »

upnorthtex

• Lingcod
  • Outback/ texas power paddle
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
This old man is looking forward to more of your fish pictures only I’d like to see you in a PFD so the younger fellas don’t get the idea that it’s OK to fish on salt without protection. Art

workhard

• Salmon
This old man is looking forward to more of your fish pictures only I’d like to see you in a PFD so the younger fellas don’t get the idea that it’s OK to fish on salt without protection. Art

Always use protection. I've been kayak fishing for 16 years, and former commercial fisherman and charter deckhand and operator. I always have one on board as required by law, and wear it when the situation warrants it. If you are new to this type of fishing the Puget Sound is dangerous and it's easy to make dumb, potentially lethal mistakes. That's all I'm going to say about that, and hope that's the end of this discussion.

Fish hard.

Trident 13

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
  Great video catching it jump and I take some comfort see that something like a tip wrap happens to others occasionally.  Looked like a great day on the water.  To each their own on the ppe, that's a pretty protected area and on a hot day.

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
What Art said.  Wear the PFD because, regardless of personal experience, poo-poo happens fast in flat calm water, too.  Just sayin'.
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

workhard

• Salmon
That's all I'm going to say about that, and hope that's the end of this discussion.

What Art said.  Wear the PFD because, regardless of personal experience, poo-poo happens fast in flat calm water, too.  Just sayin'.

Thanks for your concern for my safety but you guys should be fishing, I'm hooking the hell out of Chinook from Olympia to Edmonds. Just let me tell you where I'm catching them, when and how. I don't need opinions over a PFD, I want kayak fishermen to catch fish. That's the only reason why I post some of my fish here.

Fish hard.

JasonM

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
Any advice on a good place to try jigging on the ebb tomorrow or Sunday? Looks like the tides are cooperating with high tide right about sunrise, so plenty of time to jig on the ebb before some of the PB traffic gets started. I'd appreciate advice on location/launch point/depth/jig. My saltwater experience is limited to around Shilshole Bay, and would love to branch out a bit.

Edit: Looks like the wind may be kicking up a bit, especially down south, so I may keep to freshwater... Hmm...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 03:29:46 PM by JasonM »

workhard

• Salmon
Any advice on a good place to try jigging on the ebb tomorrow or Sunday? Looks like the tides are cooperating with high tide right about sunrise, so plenty of time to jig on the ebb before some of the PB traffic gets started. I'd appreciate advice on location/launch point/depth/jig. My saltwater experience is limited to around Shilshole Bay, and would love to branch out a bit.

Edit: Looks like the wind may be kicking up a bit, especially down south, so I may keep to freshwater... Hmm...

PM

Lutefisk

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017

As shown on the NWKA Home tab:

"A venturesome minority will always be eager to get off on their own,
and no obstacle should be placed in their path;
let them take risk, for God sake, let them get lost, sun burnt, stranded, drowned,
eaten by bears, buried alive under avalanches -
that is the right and privilege of any free American."
--Edward Abbey--

workhard

• Salmon
Fish hard guys, fish hard.

Lutefisk

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
Fish hard guys, fish hard.

Ya man Im on your side with this one. Re watching the video the water is flat as a parking lot, sunny sky, August day, sheltered in the sound. I would get my tan on too.

anything