Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:38:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: The Green Can Thread  (Read 5821 times)

workhard

• Salmon
  • Get off your computer and fish
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
Going to try tomorrow morning and hit the low slack.  I'll bring a jigging rig and a fly rod also just in the hopes I can get a fly down there.  I should have an extra beer on board if you see me out there! :)

I hit three yesterday, a jack and two 10lb bucks. You won't be able to get a fly anywhere near the fish. Paddle up the river or fish hood canal if you want to do that.

JasonM

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
Anyone planning on heading out to the can for low tide (4:17pm) today? I'm thinking of heading out there and being on the water by about 2:00 or so, launching at Luhr's Landing. If you're out there, say hi. I'll be the one that looks like this.

justinjw

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
My plan is to try Monday, depending on what the boss says.
Hobie Oasis

JasonM

• Lingcod
I was out at the can today from 2:30 or so until about 7:00 and didn't see a single fish pulled into a boat out of 10+ boats and four or so kayaks that were jigging. I only saw one hookup while jigging. I did see at least four get caught by trolling by some powerboats.

Trident 13

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
I was one of the four, good to see you again.  Nice weather, perfect jigging tide/wind, just no fish coming in.  We likely did save a meal for at least one killer whale ???

workhard

• Salmon

Well they were in the general vicinity this morning. Told the sampler to let the boats know they got spanked by a kayak.

Fish hard.

JasonM

• Lingcod

Well they were in the general vicinity this morning. Told the sampler to let the boats know they got spanked by a kayak.

Fish hard.
I think I just need to follow you out there one day and watch. I'm clearly doing it wrong.  :D

workhard

• Salmon

Fish hard.
I think I just need to follow you out there one day and watch. I'm clearly doing it wrong.  :D
Nah, I just fish really hard. I've lost almost 40lbs since March cranking the shit out of those pedals.

workhard

• Salmon

When the salmon is too good for your jig. Far too many of these guys around, wrapping up my Puget Sound Chinook season until January. Was a good run: hit my goal of landing keepers in Areas 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13, almost filled a punchard, put the Hobie drive under warranty twice and broke the idler cable once. If I can figure out how to pull my GPS waypoint data I'll do some data visualizations of my season. Depth, tide, etc..

Fish hard.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 03:04:12 PM by workhard »

BugNerd

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jul 2018
Thanks for the picture!  That's what mine looked like too, but I thought I was doing something wrong.  Definitely a big THANK YOU for starting the thread and sharing your experience with all of us.

workhard

• Salmon
Thanks for the picture!  That's what mine looked like too, but I thought I was doing something wrong.  Definitely a big THANK YOU for starting the thread and sharing your experience with all of us.

Nah, they just are more interested in getting frisky, at least this time of year. Here's a picture I got of a blackmouth b-lining down 20ft to bite the jig earlier in the year.

BugNerd

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jul 2018
That's awesome.  I keep meaning to see if my finder has any memory function.  I'd like to go back and check out things I might have missed.

It definitely does gps, waypoints, etc, but no maps.  Garmin Striker 4 portable.  It's all contained in a small bag and I just drop the transducer over the side.

anything