Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:07:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by PNW
[Today at 08:37:24 PM]

[Today at 07:54:10 PM]

[Today at 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[Today at 07:22:33 PM]

[Today at 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Hello from Nor Cal, took a job in Bremerton looking ot getting on the water .  (Read 2395 times)

Squidder_K

• Rockfish
  • A bad day of fishing is still better than a good d
  • Date Registered: Sep 2018
Hi Folks, Long time member of NCKA, but a recent opportunity opened up and I applied for a position at Puget Sound Naval Station. I don't have a start date yet, but once I am settled in I am hoping to hook with some of you for some of the local fishing. I have watched a few of the video's of the area and see Salmon seems to rule up there. Of course for me any kind of fishing  is a good thing. I recently sold my Hobie Quest, and will be looking to get another Kayak when I move up there. I look forward to hearing from you, and seeing you on the water.
US Army & Army National Guard Veteran of 34 years
Veteran 36th Infantry Division "The Fighting Texans!," FOB Danger, Tikrit Iraq 2005
Boston Sports Fan since 1967, I have seen the highs, and the lows of Boston sports teams.
aka Kevin

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Salmon rule?  What?  When did that happen?  Up in Washington, sea run cutthroat rule (if the folks on the Washington-only forums aren't hiding their true interest).

Have fun with your re-location and may your moving headaches be few and far between.  Welcome to NWKA!
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

Squidder_K

• Rockfish
Thanks, I just got a start date of 2/4/2019, will start the agony of moving shortly after the holidays. Been packing up stuff, and prepping for it.   Can anyone recommend a good shop in that area for kayak gear, and a good bait and tackle shop?  Thanks!
Veteran 36th Infantry Division "The Fighting Texans!," FOB Danger, Tikrit Iraq 2005
Boston Sports Fan since 1967, I have seen the highs, and the lows of Boston sports teams.
aka Kevin

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Salmon rule?  What?  When did that happen?  Up in Washington, sea run cutthroat rule (if the folks on the Washington-only forums aren't hiding their true interest).

Have fun with your re-location and may your moving headaches be few and far between.  Welcome to NWKA!

psssstt Tinker, wrong site dude.... you're thinking of those crotchety old farts over on WFF😈
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
K,
Check in with Blake in Giggity Harbor for kayaks and flies. Widgeonmangh on here.. closer in to Bremerton, sorry I can't help you, but there's plenty of folks on here from thatvarea who can

[WR]
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

workhard

• Salmon
  • Get off your computer and fish
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
You'll like kayaking up here. Puget Sound is a lake compared to the SF Bay.

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013

psssstt Tinker, wrong site dude.... you're thinking of those crotchety old farts over on WFF😈

They can be a cranky bunch, can't they?  I fit right in!  :occasion14:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 02:54:25 AM by Tinker »
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

Squidder_K

• Rockfish

A lot of places are a lake compared to SF bay, a very technically challenging area. One rule of thumb I learned the hard way, If I had my National Guard Drill, and had to pass over the bay at Oyster Point/Brisbane  crossover, it would be flat as could be, but If I wanted to fish it, forget it. Chop everywhere and the winds playing havoc going out and coming in.
aka Kevin

workhard

• Salmon
  • Get off your computer and fish
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015

A lot of places are a lake compared to SF bay, a very technically challenging area. One rule of thumb I learned the hard way, If I had my National Guard Drill, and had to pass over the bay at Oyster Point/Brisbane  crossover, it would be flat as could be, but If I wanted to fish it, forget it. Chop everywhere and the winds playing havoc going out and coming in.

I grew up down there. The only thing I miss about it is the fishing, I'd spend 300 days a year fishing for stripers and halibut.

Squidder_K

• Rockfish

I grew up down there. The only thing I miss about it is the fishing, I'd spend 300 days a year fishing for stripers and halibut.

You would of loved surf fishing New England for Stripers, not uncommon to hear of them being nailed in the 40 pound class. 
aka Kevin

anything