Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:24:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 08:37:24 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Point No Point 1/1  (Read 1729 times)

workhard

• Salmon
  • Get off your computer and fish
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015

Decided to come out of the woods from all the truffle hunting I've been doing. 2 shakers and this keeper in a little under two hours. Jigging. All the fish I got to the boat were snakelike and not nearly as fat as the footballs I've been getting in Hood Canal and Point Defiance. Much redder meat on this one at least.

Fish hard.

wreglmed

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Mar 2014
That's the way to ring in the new year. Well done sir-

henney

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Right on!

I'm gonna have to pick your brain about this at some point. I suck at jigging for salmon.

workhard

• Salmon
Right on!

I'm gonna have to pick your brain about this at some point. I suck at jigging for salmon.

Offer still stands.

kaz

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Oct 2018

Decided to come out of the woods from all the truffle hunting I've been doing. 2 shakers and this keeper in a little under two hours. Jigging. All the fish I got to the boat were snakelike and not nearly as fat as the footballs I've been getting in Hood Canal and Point Defiance. Much redder meat on this one at least.

Fish hard.
[/quote

Well done.  I've just returned from holiday in the NYC area,  but very unfortunately,  I returned with a full-blown case of goddamn shingles.  It's a nightmarish affliction.  I've got a 10" swath of welts and burning-blisters from my groin to my spine.  Thank the gods for drugs and booze.  If anyone has had chickenpox and are over 50 yrs.,  get the 2-part vaccine. 

However,  if they anti-viral drugs drugs work,  it looks like this coming Sat. might be a good day to try PNP.  Was it combat-crowded at PNP?  Were any herring moochers successful? 
Cape Falcon F1 (homemade, skin boat)
Trident 13
Necky Dolphin 14

workhard

• Salmon
However,  if they anti-viral drugs drugs work,  it looks like this coming Sat. might be a good day to try PNP.  Was it combat-crowded at PNP?  Were any herring moochers successful?

There was barely anyone out there and it was flat calm. I was a little disappointed, I think the circus that spot becomes is fun. As I peddled out some guy in a boat mooching said he just hooked a shaker, I saw him hook  another later on. There was another kayak dude who was out there longer than I was maybe hell show himself and have more information. I dont fish near other people unless there's a good reason to.

Fish hard.

kaz

• Perch
Hmm.  Thanks for the  news of opening day.  I'm surprised there weren't more fisherman.  It looked like  a good day to be fishing.  I guess it was the holidays. 

This coming Sat.  there's an early morning ebb,  but there's less than 4' of tidal drop.  I'm a little worried that there won't be enough movement to push the bait around,  but the windfinder.com  forecast is fairly good (5-10 mph). 

kaz (Glen)
Trident 13
Necky Dolphin 14

workhard

• Salmon
The general rule of fishing structure (being the geography of a point making a current break in this case) is that the faster the current is, the more they adhere to the structure and concentrate. I'd give it a try mooching or whatever and if that doesn't pan out start covering as much water as possible...  *shudder* trolling would be a good idea.

Fish hard.

kaz

• Perch
Yeah.  I was thinking it's gonna be a tough fishing day without a strong tidal flow.  However,  I've had some pretty good days  like this...I like that it'll be an early morning ebb.  I don't mind trolling.  By the weekend,  I'll need the fresh air and exercise.  This shingle outbreak is keeping me pretty immobile.  If there's bait around,  I'll have a chance. 

Besides,  in our family "secret Santa" drawing my yak-fishing brother got my name. I've got some excellent new gear to try out.   

kaz (Glen)
Trident 13
Necky Dolphin 14

workhard

• Salmon
Yeah.  I was thinking it's gonna be a tough fishing day without a strong tidal flow.  However,  I've had some pretty good days  like this...I like that it'll be an early morning ebb.  I don't mind trolling.  By the weekend,  I'll need the fresh air and exercise.  This shingle outbreak is keeping me pretty immobile.  If there's bait around,  I'll have a chance. 

Besides,  in our family "secret Santa" drawing my yak-fishing brother got my name. I've got some excellent new gear to try out.   

kaz (Glen)

Give it a shot, you'll probably hook something. It's a long drive for me for only one fish so I'll probably stick areas with higher bag limits.

Who's idea was it to start the season with a one fish bag limit anyways.

Fish hard.

BayTrollJigPop

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Sep 2017

There was barely anyone out there and it was flat calm. I was a little disappointed, I think the circus that spot becomes is fun. As I peddled out some guy in a boat mooching said he just hooked a shaker, I saw him hook  another later on. There was another kayak dude who was out there longer than I was maybe hell show himself and have more information. I dont fish near other people unless there's a good reason to.

Fish hard.

I am in and out of this forum and normally on FB Kayak Fishing Addicts NW.  Screen Name on FB is Boun Sanong.  The other dude you are referring to on PNP was most likely me.  Since I am new to the area, I was trying to get a feel for the area and was drifting a little further North than you around 150-180 feet of water.  Started out on the slack tide and got 1 shaker and 1 keeper.  Did not read the regs correctly for the area and so I continued to fish thinking 2 was the limit and caught several sand dabs to go along with previous catch.  Its a long drive for me as well coming from JBLM, but I have a friend that will be going out with me on Saturday morning.  Kaz, I'll be on the lookout for you should you be out there.  You'll notice my green and yellow upper top.  Always looking to meet fellow kayak anglers! 

workhard

• Salmon

Fish hard.

I am in and out of this forum and normally on FB Kayak Fishing Addicts NW.  Screen Name on FB is Boun Sanong.  The other dude you are referring to on PNP was most likely me.  Since I am new to the area, I was trying to get a feel for the area and was drifting a little further North than you around 150-180 feet of water.  Started out on the slack tide and got 1 shaker and 1 keeper.  Did not read the regs correctly for the area and so I continued to fish thinking 2 was the limit and caught several sand dabs to go along with previous catch.  Its a long drive for me as well coming from JBLM, but I have a friend that will be going out with me on Saturday morning.  Kaz, I'll be on the lookout for you should you be out there.  You'll notice my green and yellow upper top.  Always looking to meet fellow kayak anglers!

Awesome, that's what I'm talking about! Yeah I yelled the depth I caught that fish at at you before I bailed, I didn't think you had one with the one fish bag limit. Nice fish!

Fish hard.

kaz

• Perch

Fish hard.

Well Boun,   despite having an oozing shitty rash (shingles) I'm going (thanks the gods for drugs).  If you see a mango colored Trident13...that's me.  Good luck.
Trident 13
Necky Dolphin 14

workhard

• Salmon
With weather and tides they're forecasting tomorrow you shouldnt have any problems out there. I'd imagine the boat traffic will be an order of magnitude larger than the opener so bring the XL flag.

Fish hard.

kaz

• Perch
Well workhard,  I too am used to a little...conflict (been a construction super 30+ yrs.).    I haven't yet mounted my safety flag,  but I'm in a damn mango yak,  and I wear a red PFD.  But you're right.  I can put the flag in one of my rod holders.  No reason to be foolish. 

It looks like Boun (from earlier posts)  will be there tomorrow.  He mentioned this at KFANW on FB.  Maybe some nicer Blackmouth will be swimming thru. 
Trident 13
Necky Dolphin 14

anything