Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:09:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Fish Finders (One More Time)  (Read 5184 times)

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
I wear a watch and don't care about the time, but I depend on seeing the battery voltage, so the Dragonfly finders wouldn't be my first choice.
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

snopro

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
Is anyone using Humminbirds or Garmins?  I know nothing about them these days.

Well since you asked, I bought a Garmin last spring.  Extremely happy with the purchase.  Quickdraw is a game changer.  I feel like I can show up at an unmapped body of water and quickly dial in the spots I want to hit.  It was a real eye opener to actually see a map of the spots I've fished for years.  As you might imagine there is sometimes a good reason why fish hit in very specific locations.

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
Well since you asked, I bought a Garmin last spring.  Extremely happy with the purchase.  Quickdraw is a game changer...

So the Garmin is why you took 1st place in AOTY!   ;D

Thank you, appreciate the information and I'll give them a look.

ballardbrad

• Salmon
  • Kayak Fishing Washington
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
Thought I'd throw a link up with our new RAM Mounts Paddlesports Catalog .  Lots of neat new products including injection molded & aluminum tracks, rod holders, swinging camera mounts, paddle/net/gaff holders, etc.  Plus one sexy hand and body model :) http://issuu.com/rammount/docs/paddlesports_catalog?e=13067616/50195972

gnomodom

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
My Garmin corroded to shit really fast. I'm sure part of it was me, but still pretty frustrating. The connectors on them are not the best.

bb2fish

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
Thought I'd throw a link up with our new RAM Mounts Paddlesports Catalog .  Lots of neat new products including injection molded & aluminum tracks, rod holders, swinging camera mounts, paddle/net/gaff holders, etc.  Plus one sexy hand and body model :) http://issuu.com/rammount/docs/paddlesports_catalog?e=13067616/50195972
Thanks for this, Brad!

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
Thanks for this, Brad!

Where are the Air Marshals when we need them?  There's a highjacking in progress!   :banjo:

Lots of good stuff coming out of RAM this year.  I even see a few I'll be interested in.  It was hard to find the part numbers for the various head unit mounts to fit the ball and arm pieces I already have, so thanks for that, Brad.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 04:35:46 PM by Tinker »

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
My Garmin corroded to shit really fast. I'm sure part of it was me, but still pretty frustrating. The connectors on them are not the best.

That's one thing I really like about the Raymarine units. The twist lock connection to the head unit is super tight and even the caps they include to cover the cable when the unit is unplugged has a nice gasket..

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

ballardbrad

• Salmon
Thanks for this, Brad!

Where are the Air Marshals when we need them?  There's a highjacking in progress!   :banjo:

Lots of good stuff coming out of RAM this year.  I even see a few I'll be interested in.  It was hard to find the part numbers for the various head unit mounts to fit the ball and arm pieces I already have, so thanks for that, Brad.

Ha. Happy to help.  With 3K different parts it can sometime be a challenge navigating.  I'm trying to tweak the website along the way offering suggestions for things like extension arms to rods, better descriptions and lifestyle shots.  Stay tuned.  We've got some exciting stuff happening this year. :)

Kyle M

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Brad, that's an awesome catalogue, thanks. I once busted a 1" ball that held my 5" Lowrance when I dropped off the back of a wave going out. I now have a much lighter 4" Hook 4, that's not likely to break it off. It's maybe a third the weight.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 07:03:56 PM by Kyle M »

ballardbrad

• Salmon
Brad, that's an awesome catalogue, thanks. I once busted a 1" ball that held my 5" Lowrance when I dropped off the back of a wave going out. I now have a much lighter 4" Hook 4, that's not likely to break it off. It's maybe a third the weight.

Well, RAM's gear is guaranteed for life. If you break it get it back to us for a replacement (unless of course it's on the bottom off the coast or something..) :)

snopro

• Sturgeon
So the Garmin is why you took 1st place in AOTY!   ;D

Possibly ;D

Seriously.....it's a huge advantage.

snopro

• Sturgeon

I've used my for a full season and no sign of corrosion.  In fact they look brand new.  Not in the salt as much as some of you so that might be why.  The dielectric grease might have helped too. ;)

snopro

• Sturgeon
I'm trying to tweak the website along the way offering suggestions for things like extension arms to rods, better descriptions and lifestyle shots.  Stay tuned.  We've got some exciting stuff happening this year. :)

Thanks Brad, looking forward to seeing the new stuff.  Was that Zoolander doing the hand modeling?  Appreciate the heads up on the lifetime warranty... now I need to go find that broken 1" ball lost in all my fishing gear.

anything