Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:04:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Registrations 4th Annual Tillamook Bay Kayak Day 6/16/2018 Official post!  (Read 28682 times)

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
TBKD 4 June 16th 2018 sponsored by Next Adventure ! :o
Proceeds to go to Heroes On the Water North Oregon Coast Chapter.

That’s right boys and girls this years event we will have CJ Seibler (hope I spelled it right) alive and in person accompanied by a very nice raffle prize (working on a Native Slayer 13 propel) this will be limited in ticket numbers so once we get it all set in stone and opened for tickets let the fun begin.
Rules and times to be posted once or beautiful hostess Pam gets it all in line. Also anyone wanting to volunteer to help out please PM me and let’s make this the best TBKD to date.

Link to registration
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17L8kZR2p2XsnacfZsuRRZeuefcVz3Xo-jaInh8b6D0M
Can be mailed to:      ( someone let me know if it worked)
TBKD 4
P.O. Box 711
Garibaldi Or. 97118
Checks for $35 payable to Pam Anderson
PayPal link (can’t be change once you own one so still says tbkd3 in the link and will forever) but here it is let me know if it works.
https://paypal.me/tbkd3/35

Registration will be $35 this year. We will be having captains bags again this year for the (non mandatory) captains meeting Friday evening around 1900 in the old pool house in the center of the park there will be banners for HOW up. 

Rules:
Ok guys basic rules are
no power boats or assistance from one..
sails are perfectly fine as it's not that big of an area
Tandems are ok as long as both occupants are registered to compete .. Only legal to retain fish will be weighed....
ALL ODFW  rules apply...
Competitors are responsible for an Oregon fishing license as well as a invasive species permit....
You may only win ONE of the three classes for fish (let me know if that's not clear enough)...
Launch and landing at Old Mill Rv Park...
Pre registered guys can launch at First light (1/2 hour before sunrise ..
3:30 weigh in so if you're off the water by 3:30 we will weigh you in....
Flags NOT required but recommended (per the coast guard)...
stay inside the bay , if you cross the bar your disqualified....
If you have OCD and notice  I missed something important please let me know or ask away as I don't want to make it complicated ,just fun and beneficial for HOW NOC.
Combined heaviest harvest per 3 categories:
1 salmon.....
2 all other fish....
3 Dungeness crabs....

To clarify the placing and scoring...
All of your fish will be weighed in three different categories...
Salmon
All other fish
Dungeness crab.
The guy with the most weight in that single category wins first place for that category. We will have 3 first place ,second place ,and third place winners. You can only place in one category.

Required gear as followed:
1.proper immersion wear for Oregon waters in June.
2.PFD all competitors must wear a CG approved PFD while on the water
3.Have a vhf or fish with someone that does

All competitors must check in with launch volunteer  in the morning before hitting the water as well as check back in when you are off the water even if your not weighing in. All competitors will get a number based on what order your registration was received and that will be your competitors number and how we check in and out, also WILL be the order the captains bags ;)

I’ll get a camping price and info posted up ASAP as well as a tackle and strategy post plus a potluck thread and prize donations post !!!

It might be nice to get a stickey pinned up top to keep it all organized???
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 10:36:26 AM by Mojo Jojo »

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

gnomodom

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
Well shit, that's my birthday weekend. I wonder if I can make the drive down there. What's the target / opportunities in the bay around June? Rockfish?

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
Well shit, that's my birthday weekend. I wonder if I can make the drive down there. What's the target / opportunities in the bay around June? Rockfish?
Same as last year “triple treat” crabs, salmon, all other fish (rocks,lings,perch)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 02:26:48 PM by Mojo Jojo »

Shannon

gnomodom

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
Chatting this over with the better half. I really enjoyed my trip down there last summer.

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
TBKD 4 June 16th 2008 sponsored by Next Adventure ! :o
Proceeds to go to Heroes On the Water North Oregon Coast Chapter.

That’s right boys and girls this years event we will have CJ Seibler (hope I spelled it right) alive and in person accompanied by a very nice raffle prize that I’m sure will get everyone exited and this will be limited in ticket numbers so once we get it all set in stone and opened for tickets let the fun begin.
Rules and times to be posted once or beautiful hostess Pam gets it all in line. Also anyone wanting to volunteer to help out please PM me and let’s make this the best TBKD to date.
  I’ll get a camping price and info posted up ASAP as well as a tackle and strategy post plus a potluck thread and prize donations post !!!

It might be nice to get a stickey pinned up top to keep it all organized???

Typo!

Yes my OCD caught this immediately, and I can't read any further until it is properly fixed.  :read2:

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

C_Run

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2011
You didn't know about Mojo's time machine over in Garibaldi?

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013

Typo!

Yes my OCD caught this immediately, and I can't read any further until it is properly fixed.  :read2:

This is why I volunteered to do the official TBKD4 posts until he sobers up.  Do you hear me, Mr. Jojo?  INSAYN, please refer to the post that follows immediately below the one that so offends because we'd really like you to attend the Fourth Annual Tillamook Bay Kayak Day on Saturday, June 16, 2018.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 06:07:00 PM by Tinker »
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

PNW

• Teutrowenia pellucida (Googly-eyed glass squid)
  • Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
  • Date Registered: Sep 2008
Minus tides. I'm bringing an extra poke pole. Who wants to poke pole, dig clams & sand shrimp the day before?

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Glad it worked out to keep this going, mojo. I hope we can make it. Got to take Nobaddays down a peg  ;D

upnorthtex

• Lingcod
  • Outback/ texas power paddle
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
Shannon as time gets closer let me know what you need, I’m good for what we did last year. Good gathering tho I can’t make it again I want help. Art

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
Shannon as time gets closer let me know what you need, I’m good for what we did last year. Good gathering tho I can’t make it again I want help. Art
Your awesome as always Art. We could use one round trip ticket in your name from Texas to Portland, someone around here would be more then happy to pick you up and put you up for the event, and I’ll hook you up with the boat and gear, just need to find you a loaner dry suit and get you a license.

Shannon

upnorthtex

• Lingcod
  • Outback/ texas power paddle
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
Nice thought Shannon, no go tho as I don’t fly anymore, I will provide a few bucks for meat and will fish with y’all vicariously by following forum.Art

Snarf

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Feb 2009
I can’t make it this year, son graduating Masters program at Oregon and daughter is graduating with a bachelors at Oregon State!  Apparently, I am required to be there physically, not just monetarily!  What the hell, I guess I can  check out the breweries in Eugene and Corvallis again! 

I will be hitting up Kershaw again for another donation this year!  My contact there has left the company but I am being channeled to someone higher on the food chain!  Wish me luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pinstriper

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2015
I can’t make it this year, son graduating Masters program at Oregon and daughter is graduating with a bachelors at Oregon State!  Apparently, I am required to be there physically, not just monetarily!  What the hell, I guess I can  check out the breweries in Eugene and Corvallis again! 

I will be hitting up Kershaw again for another donation this year!  My contact there has left the company but I am being channeled to someone higher on the food chain!  Wish me luck!

Good Luck !!!

Shannon, we're camping down at Cape Lookout that weekend. So I'm not gonna be able to kayak fish.

I'll still register, then DQ as I will be (weather permitting) crabbing and fishing from the pier, then we'll hang with you for the awards ceremony.

So I'm the clubhouse leader for dead-ass last.
Let's eat, Grandma !
Let's eat Grandma !

Punctuation. It saves lives.

Snarf

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Feb 2009
All I am seeing in this thread is “sorry, content not available”. Not just this thread.  Some info comes through on other threads.  Do I need to do something  to open these threads up?  Try to message me if you have any solutions. Or shaneforsi@gmail.com  -thanks

anything