Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:56:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 12:21:09 PM]

by PNW
[Today at 11:35:40 AM]

[Today at 10:02:38 AM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 11:59:14 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 10:23:24 AM]

[April 02, 2024, 09:39:30 AM]

[April 01, 2024, 12:06:53 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Fishing for Blackmouth at Point No Point.  (Read 5205 times)

RoxnDox

• Salmon
  • Native Propel
  • Date Registered: Sep 2013

Jefferson Head. http://www.johnssportinggoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Map_Jeff_Head.pdf. This is a major fishing spot in 10. I'm not speaking for myself though. I will say that Pt Defiance has been good for me on the kayak and powerboat since late-October. The spots on the GH side, which you probably know and I don't feel like burning, are probably holding fish as well.

Fish hard.

Thanks.  I don’t have that much knowledge or track record for catching fish, but that’s largely because of that work thing... I have just been retired this month, though, so I hope to get the boat wet a lot more often and work on the good spots here around the Harbor.
Junk Jigs "BEST USE OF ACTUAL JUNK" category - "That tape should have been a prized possession and not junk. That will be a collectors item in 30 years!” & “There sure is a lot of junk in there.”

BayTrollJigPop

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Sep 2017
Following this post and willing to fish with anyone that has previous experience at PNP.  I have a Hobie Revo 13 with drysuit and previously jigged with Point Wilson Candlefish Darts in MA 13 for Kings successfully.  I'll be driving from Joint Base Lewis McChord.  If anyone needs a buddy on the 1st of Jan., I am down to try to catch my first black mouth.       

workhard

• Salmon
  • Get off your computer and fish
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
Following this post and willing to fish with anyone that has previous experience at PNP.  I have a Hobie Revo 13 with drysuit and previously jigged with Point Wilson Candlefish Darts in MA 13 for Kings successfully.  I'll be driving from Joint Base Lewis McChord.  If anyone needs a buddy on the 1st of Jan., I am down to try to catch my first black mouth.       

Its a washing machine and takes non-stop correction for jig fishing. I say try it if the weather is good, buddy or no buddy.

Fish hard.

kaz

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Oct 2018

Its a washing machine and takes non-stop correction for jig fishing. I say try it if the weather is good, buddy or no buddy.

Fish hard.

I was out at PNP this past Sunday for a trial run.  There was only about 6' of tidal change,  but there was also a steady SSE wind at 12-15 MPH.  Heading into the tidal chop,  with water over the bow,  I could still maintain a good pace.  I'm very happy with this Trident 13.  I just received my FF and lithium battery,  but I'm planning on another paddle Saturday afternoon.  All good.   
Cape Falcon F1 (homemade, skin boat)
Trident 13
Necky Dolphin 14

workhard

• Salmon
  • Get off your computer and fish
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
I was out at PNP this past Sunday for a trial run.  There was only about 6' of tidal change,  but there was also a steady SSE wind at 12-15 MPH.  Heading into the tidal chop,  with water over the bow,  I could still maintain a good pace.  I'm very happy with this Trident 13.  I just received my FF and lithium battery,  but I'm planning on another paddle Saturday afternoon.  All good.

Wouldn't recommend fishing in a paddle kayak in 12-15kts. Too hard to catch fish, not worth the safety concerns. Good to know what you can handle though.

Fish hard.

kallitype

• Sturgeon
  • Vashon Island kayaker
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
+1 to workhard.  6 ft or less tidal runout is nice at PNP, and you don't have to be 1/2 mile offshore.  Wind is a bugger! If it's more than 10 knots, I'm napping on the beach.
Never underestimate the ability of our policymakers to fail to devise and implement intelligent policy

anything