Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:59:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Large Mesh gear bag?  (Read 2080 times)

Guppy Tamer

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jun 2011
I'm looking for a large mesh duffel bag that will fit my oars in it too. I can't find anything that is long enough though. The biggest ones I have found are around 36 inches. Does anyone have a good solution that you keep all your essentials in so you don't forget anything?

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Trailer boxes !  ;D

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

Guppy Tamer

• Lingcod
Trailer boxes !  ;D

I've got everything in trailer boxes now, but if it is just me fishing, I prefer to just load the kayak in the back of the truck for simplicity (and to not worry about someone stealing my other kayaks/gear of out the trailer. I like having grab bags that I just grab for whatever activity I am going to do. I have mesh duffel bags that I used for scuba, and they work great. I just wish I could find some larger ones.

no_oil_needed

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Try searching for mesh laundry bags. You'll probably have to add a shoulder strap to make it useful for your purposes. Also it looks like there are equipment bags for soccer balls and such that do have shoulder straps.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002KYJ6CM/ref=twister_B0746X5KR1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 08:43:53 PM by no_oil_needed »
Relax. You'll live longer.

snopro

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
I'm looking for a large mesh duffel bag that will fit my oars in it too.

Oars? ;D

Guppy Tamer

• Lingcod
I'm looking for a large mesh duffel bag that will fit my oars in it too.

Oars? ;D

Lol. Didn't mean to say that.  I meant my paddle broke down into 2 pieces.

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Try searching for mesh laundry bags. You'll probably have to add a shoulder strap to make it useful for your purposes. Also it looks like there are equipment bags for soccer balls and such that do have shoulder straps.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002KYJ6CM/ref=twister_B0746X5KR1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Ditto.  I use one of these as I like to be able to see what's in it without having to open it and dig.

-Mark-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

Shin09

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
Laundry Bags would be good and cheap.  If you want something potentially more durable look at duck and goose decoy bags.  You can get some with backpack straps too.

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Sounds like you want something like this:

https://www.beachcitiesscuba.com/collections/dive-bags/products/akona-deluxe-mesh-backpack

I've been using this for many years and I absolutely love it. I keep all stuff that gets mounted onto my kayak in it, except my seat and mirage drive. The two pieces of my paddle go in blades first and the other ends do stick out, but it's not bad. It has backpack straps that have a cloth covering so they even feel good on bare skin. It has a heavy duty handle on the side, and big zipper that runs the length of the bag, top to bottom so you can access stuff at the bottom without having to pull everything out. I actually can't believe how well it has held up.

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

Guppy Tamer

• Lingcod

https://www.beachcitiesscuba.com/collections/dive-bags/products/akona-deluxe-mesh-backpack

I've been using this for many years and I absolutely love it. I keep all stuff that gets mounted onto my kayak in it, except my seat and mirage drive. The two pieces of my paddle go in blades first and the other ends do stick out, but it's not bad. It has backpack straps that have a cloth covering so they even feel good on bare skin. It has a heavy duty handle on the side, and big zipper that runs the length of the bag, top to bottom so you can access stuff at the bottom without having to pull everything out. I actually can't believe how well it has held up.

That is perfect! Thanks rawkfish. I have some akona gear for scuba diving and it is all well made and reasonably priced.

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009

That is perfect! Thanks rawkfish. I have some akona gear for scuba diving and it is all well made and reasonably priced.

I was shocked to see the price actually. (I got mine for free at a shop I used to work for) I had to keep searching to make sure that's the right one.  I could easily see Akona selling that thing for double the price and that would be a fair deal IMO.

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

Dark Tuna

• Lingcod
  • "Dark Tuna?"
  • Date Registered: Aug 2014
I was going to suggest you look at scuba bags.   They're generally a little longer than men's swim fins.   My mesh duffels won't fit my two-piece paddles, though.

If 40" is enough this might be a cheaper option:

https://laundrybags.com/c-57-all-mesh-bags.aspx

I use these mesh bags to store my down camping quilts.

2015 Jackson Big Tuna (tandem) (dark forest)
2016 Hobie Outback LE (screamin' orange)
2014 KC Kayaks K12 (the better half's, in camo)
2015 Jackson Kraken 13.5 (bluefin)

Raymarine Dragonfly; BB Angler Aces; Kokatat Hydrus 3L SuperNova Angler Dry Suit; Stohlquist Fisherman PFD

Guppy Tamer

• Lingcod
Yeah, I'm using scuba duffel bags now.  They are very well built,  just not long enough.

crabby

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Nov 2018
Amazon and Dick's sell a Baden ball ball, DIMENSIONS - 18" length x 18" width x 42" height for $29
"Pick you up in two hours", Dad

Cosmo

• Salmon
  • Integrity-It's What You Do When No One's Looking
  • DADventurerNW
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
Another idea, not mesh, but well built, look for Lacrosse gear bags.  I started using my son's bags since he doesn't play anymore.  long enough for paddles, mirage drives, etc.  It's Lacrosse season, so most are on sale.

you may also try golf travel bags.  Relatively inexpensive and well built.
Cosmo
2 Hobie Mirage Outbacks 2014

anything