Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:16:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by PNW
[April 18, 2024, 11:35:40 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 10:02:38 AM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 11:59:14 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 10:23:24 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Headed to American Lake  (Read 1617 times)

Widgeonmangh

• Lingcod
  • Fishing Kayaks of Gig Harbor
  • Date Registered: Jul 2013
Going out to American today.  If you see a Green Wavewalk be sure and troll by and say Hi!  Trying out some rigged Scent Spinners.   Always tough to decide what to go with first and how long to keep it on before switching.  Targeting Kokanee but will probably end up with trout.  Ok by me at this time of year as most of them are carryovers.

Enjoy the sunshine.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 07:00:24 AM by Widgeonmangh »
Fish on the right side that's where the fish are! John 21:6

I am no longer a dealer for Wavewalk but if you ever want to paddle one let me know!

Widgeonmangh

• Lingcod
Great day to be on the water! T-shirt weather. Fishing was slow but I got there late so it was to be expected. I didn't get on the water till almost 11. (shakedown cruse) I picked up this nice 15inch carryover though at about 5pm. Lost two others that i didn't see. Must have been kokanee lol. Pink kokanee sized scent spinner with the black and pink beads with Dicknite flasher, 40 pulls back on the surface. Left the gate at 7pm. Didn't realize they closed at 7! yikes. Great day off!

I am no longer a dealer for Wavewalk but if you ever want to paddle one let me know!

Widgeonmangh

• Lingcod
Not much of a video but still captured the memory.  I wish the fish would have done a big run and jumped in one of those crew boats. lol

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
This is all gear to me... what's a "scent spinner"?  First one of those I've ever seen or heard about.
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

Widgeonmangh

• Lingcod
NTO Scent Spinner is a little project that my nephew and I have been playing with last year.  It is basically a hollow spinning lure like a Spin-Glow.   It is 3-d printed and you can fill it with bait or use liquid scent with the included sponge.  My nephew is an engineer who moved in with us after college (at our invitation since we are empty nesters) so he could pay off his student loans. He is a great kid and this will give him a leg up. Anyway, he has a 3d printer and loves working on all kinds of ideas.  We also revived a duck call (wigeon whistle) that went out of production in the 1930's .

So I have been using them on trout and kokanee for the last year.  We only made them in white since we were doing trials.  We have a good quality print and they work so now we are adding colors.  I opened a Wix web site and started selling a few and now we are making them available on Amazon.  It is a way to monetize my Youtube channel and brand Northern Tribe Outdoors.  It is all just fun and games and a hobby for me.  I have learned a lot about creating a product and bringing it to market etc.  All the while I am fishing (and hunting) anyway. 

As to how well they work.  They are killer on trout and do fairly well on kokanee,  Of course kokanee are more finicky so you have to switch lures all the time anyway. What works on one lake one day won't on another day. We printed pink ones this year and hope to use them on Pink Salmon.  I don't fish for salmon much anymore so we are still waiting for someone to catch one and send me a picture. A guy from NH bought some this spring.  He is trying the Glow-in-the-Dark ones on Stripped Bass!   He said he will let me know how they work!  We will add orange and chartreuse this year as well.

On some other sites I have been discussing their development and getting input.  I haven't done that much here as folks seem a bit sensitive if they think you are pimping a product. Even had a thread where they helped me name it.  Like I said it is all just fun and games, and I hope it puts some fish in the boat for folks!