Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:21:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 18, 2024, 07:40:17 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by PNW
[April 18, 2024, 11:35:40 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 10:02:38 AM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 11:59:14 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 10:23:24 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Foggy Bay 2010  (Read 22415 times)

ketchikankayak

• Herring
  • Ketchikan Kayak Co.
  • Date Registered: Oct 2009
Join Ketchikan Kayak Co. in summer 2010 for a remote multi-day kayak fishing trip to Foggy Bay, Alaska. You've read the posts and seen the pictures. You've dreamed about it and said 'someday'. Well now is your chance to get in on a great trip next summer.

We'll be camping for five days/nights in the Misty Fjords National Wilderness, on some small islands just north of the Canada/Alaska border. Great variety of kayak fishing for silver salmon, halibut, lingcod, yelloweye, etc.. Come drop your line where the salmon still roam free. We'll also be crabbing, exploring, cooking fresh seafood, and just relaxing in the Last Frontier.

As an added bonus, your own local hero Allen Sansano will be joining us, helping ensure all your rods are bent. It'll be great to have him, and he knows the area.. follow him.

Two trips. Six people per trip. All inclusive. Just get to Ketchikan. Thanks for all the interest and we look forward to seeing you next summer!

Aug 21 - Aug 26
Aug 26 - Aug 31
$1300 per person

All the details - http://www.ketchikankayakco.com/Remote_Trips_2010.html

Howard McKim
907-225-1272
trips@ketchikankayakco.com
Howard McKim
www.ketchikankayakco.com
907-225-1272

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
 :headbang:

Anyone know of any convincing arguments I could use to get my wedding dates moved around?  ;D :laughing6:

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

EOB

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2009
I can think of lots of convincing arguments trouble is I have yet to find one that works on women ::)

Might try pushing up the wedding a few days so you can have a "romantic honeymoon to Foggy Bay" :love8:

The Nothing

• De nihilo nihil
  • Sturgeon
  • De nihilo nihil
  • YakFish@IOL
  • Date Registered: May 2009
Uh oh!!!

My wife just said I could go!
trying to figure out how quickly I can come up with 2k (airfare and all) and still buy a new car....
~Isaac
Blog 'YakFish
ProStaff NRSJackson Kayak | PK Lures | YakAngler

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008

Anyone know of any convincing arguments I could use to get my wedding dates moved around?  ;D :laughing6:

Change the date of the wedding to a few months earlier, but don't tell her why. Just tell her you love her SOOOOOO much that you just have to get it done sooner.  Once you're married and the smoke off the wedding vows is clear,  you can then immediately start testing the waters.  Stay within the vows, but push your limits just enough to see where she starts to get cranky.  Over time, you'll get all kinds of free time again.  :angel9:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 09:19:18 AM by INSAYN »

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

The Nothing

• De nihilo nihil
  • Sturgeon
  • De nihilo nihil
  • YakFish@IOL
Just put "allowing you to fish when and where you need" in the vows! Just slip them in there.  I did that with my wifes awesome waffles!
~Isaac
Blog 'YakFish

YakontheFly

• Clouser Meister
  • Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Apr 2007
Eight months to go:

Checklist:
Reserve Airline tickets.  Done...
Reserve dates for 20-25th.  Done..
Get replacement Temple Fork Outfitter Travel Rod for one lost last year in Huli.   Done
Get appropriate Jigs for trip.   To do...
Get bottle of Gosling Family Reserve Rum to enjoy on trip...  To do...
Get the days to be shorter, so I can go there already and stop Jonesing for the trip...  To do..

Anyone else committing to this trip on these dates?

Also, I will be arriving in Ketchikan the 14th, and plan on bumming around, fishing and camping for a week prior....  Anyone else want to join me up there, this type of Alaska trip is dirt cheap and lots of fun.  Plus, I have insider knowledge on where to target King Salmon then..  The last one I need for my Pacific Seven Salmon Slam.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 08:31:24 AM by YakontheFly »

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Welcome to the trip Troy.  Hope to see some more of you sign up.

Good luck on the Chinook.  And just to keep you excited ... I arrived in the mid-afternoon last year.  We made a quick stop for a license then went out on Howard's boat.  I thought it was bit late in the summer for kings up there, but we made a few drifts in the secret spot, and I hung a bright 10# model.

Remind me, which TFO rod is it that you like to use?  I used a Tsunami rod last year after seeing how well they did the year before in PWS.  I used the smaller of the 2 travel rods the guys had up at PWS (TSCC-703H, rated 15-25#) and found it to be a really nice rod for bottom jigging, even up to the 8 ounce heavies we were using.  Tsunami has a new lighter weight spinning rod out this year (that I just happen to have received one of), the TSCS-703M, rated 6-17#.  I can't wait to run it on the silvers this year.

-Allen

The Nothing

• De nihilo nihil
  • Sturgeon
  • De nihilo nihil
  • YakFish@IOL
giving my self a few more weeks to find the funds.  Just bought a new car on the 31st, so that didn't help this trip out at all...
~Isaac
Blog 'YakFish

YakontheFly

• Clouser Meister
  • Lingcod
Allen,

I have one coming in the mail as we speak...   I believe it is this one..

Model:  TFS 864MH 
Line:    8—17
Lure Weight:   1/4—1 oz.
Length:  8'-6" 4 Med. Heavy

But it might be this one... 

Model: TFS 904H
Line:   10-25
Lure Weight: 3/4—2 1/2 oz.
Length:  9'-0"

Either I am happy with, as all TFO rods are Fast Actions 4 piece travel rods.

I am going to spool them with 8 or 10 lb braid, so I should be able to cast even lighter baits a country mile if I need too.

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
No need to cast a country mile.  We were "sight jigging" schools of silvers just 10-20 feet below our kayaks last year.  10 or 12 pound mono works great when hooking fish that close to your rod.  It's much more forgiving than braid.  And don't forget your fly rod!!!

Also, make sure you have a rod capable of jigging 8 ounces.  Most of the butts came at 200-250 feet and there were times that 4 ounces would not hold.

-Allen

cobrakak76

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009

Anyone know of any convincing arguments I could use to get my wedding dates moved around?  ;D :laughing6:

The church may have accidently overbooked that day ;) ;)
Brian

YakontheFly

• Clouser Meister
  • Lingcod
Allen,

It is the TFS864MH...  Got it today, and have been having to wipe the drool off it constantly since I opened the package!   :P

I am bringing three travel rods....  The TFS, my Echo 8wt Fly rod (You know I want to get a silver from a kayak with a flyrod....  and this rod

http://www.mahitackle.com/pt1530c66.html

This is my Hali Rod I have had since the trip to Hinchenbrook three years ago.

All three fit in my TFO Travel rod tube....  Easy to carry...

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Allen,

It is the TFS864MH...  Got it today, and have been having to wipe the drool off it constantly since I opened the package!   :P

I am bringing three travel rods....  The TFS, my Echo 8wt Fly rod (You know I want to get a silver from a kayak with a flyrod....  and this rod

http://www.mahitackle.com/pt1530c66.html

This is my Hali Rod I have had since the trip to Hinchenbrook three years ago.

All three fit in my TFO Travel rod tube....  Easy to carry...

Perfect!!!  Add a 5 weight fly rod for grins ... seriously.

-Allen

YakontheFly

• Clouser Meister
  • Lingcod
I would love too, but my only 5 weight is a two piece...  Got to save the funds to be able to go, not likely going to get a 5 wt travel rod this year...  You thinking Pinks, Ocean run Cutties and Dollies?

anything