Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:41:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 15, 2024, 03:27:21 PM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 15, 2024, 07:27:41 AM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 11:59:14 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 10:23:24 AM]

[April 02, 2024, 09:39:30 AM]

[April 01, 2024, 12:06:53 PM]

[March 29, 2024, 08:19:21 PM]

[March 29, 2024, 08:17:12 PM]

by Spot
[March 29, 2024, 03:34:50 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: The End Of An Adventure-----but the 'yak found a good home  (Read 3477 times)

Mark Collett

• Sturgeon
  • Make It Happen
  • Date Registered: May 2011
          I am sad to make this post but post it I must.
  My health has gone downhill so much the last 2 years-----I'll probably never be able to kayak again.

So , that means it is time to sell my last kayak. It is a 2013 mango Outback.  Upgraded with turbo  fins and rudder. Comes with Lowrance Elite 5 finder and more other accessories than  I'm going to type. There will be a lot of  fishing parifinallia  that I'll throw  in with it, i.e. poles, nets , dry gear, pfd's and more .

Asking price-----$1800

Any questions-------pm me

Mark
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 11:56:34 AM by Mark Collett »
Life is short---live it tall.

Be kinder than necessary--- everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Sailors may be struck down at any time, in calm or in storm, but the sea does not do it for hate or spite.
She has no wrath to vent. Nor does she have a hand in kindness to extend.
She is merely there, immense, powerful, and indifferent

BugNerd

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jul 2018

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Well that is not something I want to hear Mr. Collett. Any time you want to fish you call me and I’ll help you into one of my boats and tow you around any body of water you want fish.
  I have learned so much from the few times I fished with you and all the times I have talked to you.
  That invite is open as long as I’m still able to move. My big tuna is super stable with lots of leg room.

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
I feel sad reading this. Mark.  I never managed to meet you - and I'm poorer for that - but I've gleaned a lot of solid information from your posts here.  I've been rooting for you since we first heard about your issues and hoping you'd make it all the way back.

May you find fair winds and calm seas wherever your journey takes you.

- Kevin
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Mark,

As one of the people who helped me get started in kayak angling, it is super sad to hear that you won't be kayak fishing anymore.  I hope your body heals and that there will be more adventures ahead whether it be off of a kayak or not.

I really appreciated your guidance when we first started out.  I owe a lot of my success to you.

Rudy

Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Sorry to hear that, Mark. But I'm sure you'll find a way to make some new adventures yet, regardless of the kayak situation. I appreciated the little bit I was around you - thanks for the smiles!

• Date Registered: Aug 2014
Im with mojo on this. Happy to help and be on the other end where you have done plenty to help, welcome and guide folks new to the sport. Very grateful for your kindness and openness. Some photos of you on a trip you lead in the North River - big thanks!
“For the person with creative potential there is no wholeness except in using it.”
― Robert K. Greenleaf

ndogg

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • "Fists of Fury"
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
Sorry to hear you are not doing well.  I hope you can can still stop by the ORC to say hi.  Also I turned the fist of furry into a beer tap. 

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Sorry to hear about the health issues Mark!  A man writes many chapters in his life and you, my friend, have penned a whopper on kayak fishing.  I know that you've been a guide and inspiration (to be read instigator) to many.  I'm sure your next chapter will still be adventurous, though in a new way.  It's just who you are.

-Mark- 
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
Well, crap.  I knew things weren't looking great for you and Lori, but I was hoping you'd get well enough to get back out there.

What really sucks is I won't even be out for the usual hunting trip this year.  Leonard knocked up his wife again and the baby is due during elk season.  And Steve got blindsided with a divorce, so all his money is earmarked for lawyers right now. 

Wish I had the cheddar to snap up that Outback!  If you don't get it sold in the next couple months my fortunes might change and I might be able to buy it.  Hope for your sake though it's sold before then.
2012 ORC 5th Place

dberd

• Salmon
Sorry to hear,Mark. Never fished with you side by side,but talked with you at the finish line a few times and also enjoy our interaction on NWKA. Hope you can still share with us your future endeavors. Sounds like a killer deal on the yak!
" History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man"  BOC

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
Sorry to hear about the end of this adventure for you but as others have stated I'm sure it's just beginning of another for you. 
Hopefully we'll still be seeing you at some of our events.

Tight lines, my friend!
Ray
2020 Hobie Outback "Chum Chicken"
2018 Native Titan 10.5 "Battle Barge"
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge
Category - IT’S NOT A DRINKING PROBLEM IF YOU’RE BEING CREATIVE
1st place - The Drunken Bastard

Mark Collett

• Sturgeon
  • Make It Happen

I'd like to say a warm thank you to all the members of NWKA who have been contributors  to my kayak adventures. Whether on the water , on line . or over a beer.....all contributions have their place. ….and there have been plenty over the past 45 years. Some have been ultra memorable -- some forgettable---and a small few that really sucked.
   There are many members here that I would liked to have fished with---but that window never opened . There are a few species I'd have liked to have played with on a kayak ( goliath groupers and black marlin come to mind ) as well. But I have enjoyed all of the many trips that I have made .
    I hope all of you make the most of your time on the water . And off the water too. Apparently---we only get a certain amount . Enjoy every bit of your ride .

A big thanks for all the invites and comments to this post . I do appreciate 'em . I'm glad you 'repurposed' Fist of Fury Nate--- it'll get more use that way . Andrew---sorry you won't make your elk hunt down this way this year. Unless you decide to start to involve your kids. Always an option. And Spot-;--that is who I am and you are once again " Spot On". Thank-you friend.

Ya'll keep fishin' and posting glory shots for the rest of us to enjoy. I will be out there in spirit .
Life is short---live it tall.

Be kinder than necessary--- everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Sailors may be struck down at any time, in calm or in storm, but the sea does not do it for hate or spite.
She has no wrath to vent. Nor does she have a hand in kindness to extend.
She is merely there, immense, powerful, and indifferent

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
Kids aren't quite capable of elk hunting with just me.  Another couple years and that will change.  Besides, Friday I head out for a 2 week business trip to India and the Netherlands.  Given that, not to mention the kids' school schedule, and the expense of the family trip to Hawaii, mama requested the year off from hunting.  Not loving that, but it has to be done at times. 

We'll be back out next year for sure though.  If I can swing the time I might head down a couple days early to hunt ducks too.  That is something I can bring the kids for too, again depending on schedules.

Hope you and Lori are still up for visitors then. 
2012 ORC 5th Place

• Date Registered: Feb 2009
I'd like to think Mark's catching big grouper and black marlin even as I type this... Thank you for your time spent with me at the ORC years ago even though it was a brief time and for the woodcraft that I still have in my fly-tying room!

Journey well...

Fred "True" Trujillo
"This above all: to thine own self, be true, and it must follow, as the day the night, thou canst not then be false to any man."

anything