Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:06:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Unconfirmed report of Seward kings  (Read 1893 times)

AKFishOn

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Dec 2015
Read a report today that folks are catching kings trolling around Seward. Reds are also in. Another option for the plastic navy.
"If your hands ain't bleeding, you ain't fishing hard enough!"

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Read a report today that folks are catching kings trolling around Seward. Reds are also in. Another option for the plastic navy.

The enhanced run of kings by the culvert should be showing up.  The only issue in that area is the water is often murky.  But there are feeder kings all year in Seward.  Last August we boated 5 kings out by Fo Island off a powerboat.

Nothing saying those kings can't be closer in if the baitfish are closer.  I think we were down 90 to 110 feet when we hit the kings. 
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

katinalaska

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Apr 2016
Thanks for the report AKFishOn. I've enjoyed the last 2 weeks playing with my granddaughter. She flew back to TX last night, now I'm anxious to get back in the water! Of course, weather permitting, I plan to fish this weekend. I've never taken the kayak to Seward, interesting option. I plan to load up the RV and head somewhere on Thursday through the weekend.
I know it's only Tuesday, but I'm watching the forum to see where everyone's headed this weekend!
As Rudy says, "Let's fish"!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKFishOn

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Dec 2015
Sure would be nice for kings and silvers to come in closer to Seward more consistently. I might be able to get out more often. Driving 4 hours one way for a single day of fishing is hard to sell.
"If your hands ain't bleeding, you ain't fishing hard enough!"

AKRod

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
The drive from Wasilla to WG or Homer is a game killer for me some weeks if I can't go for more than 2 whole days of fishing.  Seward although closer has not been as productive for me on a consistant basis when fishing out of a kayak.  Power boats certainly change the equation but I don't know if I'll own another one as I am having so much fun with the Kayak.

AK Trapper

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
For what it's worth I'm headed down tonight and plan to fish Thurs and Friday from a power boat with friends. They've been stuck on shore so far this week due to wave height outside the bay so I'm bringing the yak just in case we get a "window" of flat water in the Bay. Perhaps early in the morning...

It's a pretty big bay though and I'd guess the best Halibut and rockfish fishing is towards the South side where as fishing closer to the "culvert" would seem to improve chances at Kings.  Any advice on locations or what to look for in Resurrection Bay would be appreciated. 

I'll be at the Military Resort and am driving the White F350 with a Native Propel in the back...feel free to say hello if you make it down.

anything