Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:54:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Hello from Camano Island  (Read 1256 times)

JoshPA14

• Herring
  • JoshH Hobie Pro Angler Fishing
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
I am  Hobie PA 14 owner living on Camano Island. Most of my fishing is for either trout or kokanee on my local lakes. If they ever open 8-1 or 8-2 again for pinks or Coho, I will be fishing those as well.

I do have a YouTube channel as JoshH showing my adventures in the Hobie. Look forward to learning new things here and hearing of others adventures.

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
What part of the island?  I live in Skagit, but have friends in Utsalady Bay, and attend Camano Chapel.

Welcome to the madness!
2012 ORC 5th Place

Ravensfan

• Lingcod
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: Apr 2015
Welcome to the forum Josh! I've seen some of your postings on NW fishing reports, and appreciate the reports and vids. I'm in Marysville, and fish the seven lakes area and the north sound.
Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshPA14

• Herring
sumpNZ - I am in the country club area, so right in the middle on the east side of the island.

Ravensfan - I fish Goodwin a lot, so very familiar with the seven lakes area. Unfortunately since I got my kayak last year all of the salt around us has been pretty much closed to coho and pinks. Still wanting to try Baker for Sockeye though, but the reports this year aren't too promising.

Dark Tuna

• Lingcod
  • "Dark Tuna?"
  • Date Registered: Aug 2014
I have access (with sufficient advance notice) to a place on the north end of Whidbey Island.   Never tried fishing there with the currents so wicked.

How's the fishing in the salt around Camano Island?

2015 Jackson Big Tuna (tandem) (dark forest)
2016 Hobie Outback LE (screamin' orange)
2014 KC Kayaks K12 (the better half's, in camo)
2015 Jackson Kraken 13.5 (bluefin)

Raymarine Dragonfly; BB Angler Aces; Kokatat Hydrus 3L SuperNova Angler Dry Suit; Stohlquist Fisherman PFD

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
I have access (with sufficient advance notice) to a place on the north end of Whidbey Island.   Never tried fishing there with the currents so wicked.

I've only tried crabbing off the north end of the island.  Usually have decent success, if nobody robs the pots  >:(.

There's an area between Utsalady Point and Mariner's Cove that is supposed to be good for coonstripe shrimp that I want to try out, but I need to get 1/2" mesh pots first.

A few areas I'd like to try for salmon off the island, but haven't been able to yet.
2012 ORC 5th Place

Ravensfan

• Lingcod
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: Apr 2015

I've had success crabbing out of Camano state park. I tried mooching for blackmouth out of elger bay once this year, but had no luck. I did see one nice 10lb+ blackmouth caught out of a pb that day. Flounder fishing is great between the state park and elger bay with some keeper size mixed in too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshPA14

• Herring

Fishing can be good. I mainly salmon fish, but last few years with closures I haven't been able to. Typically though I will either launch from maple grove and fish between Whidbey and Camano, but currently there you have to watch out for. I mainly fish launching from Cavelero Park and fish up and down the shoreline for Coho or Pinks. Fish hug the shore closely on that side, plus it's well protected and not a lot of current. Elger Bay launching from the state park can be good blackmouth fishing in the winter, but that's one I've yet to try.