Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:52:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 18, 2024, 07:40:17 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by PNW
[April 18, 2024, 11:35:40 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 10:02:38 AM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 11:59:14 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 10:23:24 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Hello from Camas!  (Read 1169 times)

kimeun

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
Hi there! Just thought I'd introduce myself. I moved from NY about a decade ago, fishing for little panfish. When I moved to the beautiful Pacific Northwest, I hooked my first rainbow trout, and was instantly hooked. Never had I caught such a pretty and tasty fish. While fishing for trout, I accidentally caught my first steelhead that they recycle into Faraday, and then I (or rather, my money) was a goner. The rest is history!

I fished out of a Pungo the last year and recently pulled the trigger on a Revolution 13. This is my first time on a pedal kayak and am already thoroughly enjoying the hands-free and speed. My situation is one of those oddball ones where my husband isn't very much into fishing, and I (the wife) am hopelessly addicted. I also hate fishing alone, not just for safety but the eye witnesses  ;D. I also like seeing multiple techniques at play to see what really works. I drive up to 2 hours from Portland, so if anyone wants to fish together, let me know! I have a regular 9-5 unfortunately, so am restricted to weekends, unless we go to Lacamas Lake which I live within walking distance of. I am open to every type of fishing in OR/WA, but here's what I've caught, some from a kayak, some from bank/Alumacraft:

- Lake fishing for all the various stocker trouts
- Kokanee in Merwin
- Spring Chinook in Willamette
- Walleye/Sturgeon in Columbia
- Steelhead/Salmon/Cutthroat on Wilson
- Redtail surf perch in Tillamook
- Largemouth bass and panfish in Lacamas

I'm really wanting to expand that list to get my first rockfish/ling but have none of the immersion gear needed, nor do I know the first thing about coastal kayaking. If there is anyone out there who would be interested in coaching a newbie, I'm an eager learner and bring snacks/drinks to share!

I pride myself in being an open book, so if there is anything anyone wants to know, feel free to ask!

RoxnDox

• Salmon
  • Native Propel
  • Date Registered: Sep 2013
welcome to the nuthouse, I mean forum full of experienced fisherfolks!

Jim
Junk Jigs "BEST USE OF ACTUAL JUNK" category - "That tape should have been a prized possession and not junk. That will be a collectors item in 30 years!” & “There sure is a lot of junk in there.”

Alyssa

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Apr 2017
Welcome! I'm not too far away in Vancouver!

There's so much great stuff to read on this forum.

I would like to find someone to go fishing with too as my girlfriend doesn't fish (I'm working on her, though) and, being a relative newbie to the area, I don't know many people and none of the ones I do know are into fishing.

Unfortunately, I fish out of a 10ft Pelican sit-in, so I won't be taking that out on the Columbia or anything like that (though I am interested in fishing it for smallmouth bass--fishing river smallies is some of the most fun fishing I had back where I'm from).

I've "tried" Lacamas twice, but I never actually fished because I usually just see the large number of people or the jet skis and leave. Haha

I'm primarily a panfish and bass angler with a preference for panfish--want to catch me some nice crappies and yellow perch so I can treat my girlfriend to a tasty fish fry.

I mostly fish Silver Lake, but when I don't feel like driving all the way up there I just go play around at Kress or Horseshoe.

I really want to learn about and get into steelhead fishing, so if you ever want an inquisitive tag-along...

kimeun

• Krill
Thanks for the welcome you two! This does look like a great light-hearted group.

I hear ya on Lacamas. If you ever come back, the Round Lake side of Lacamas is much quieter since powered boats can't get there, and word is there is more fish on that side anyway. I've got my share of crappie/yellow perch out there while looking for a largie, although to be honest, I don't know that I'd eat anything out of there. I will say eating your catch is indeed the way to get your spouse to be ok with fishing time :D

Ranger Dave

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011

I've "tried" Lacamas twice, but I never actually fished because I usually just see the large number of people or the jet skis and leave. Haha

Welcome to NWKA. I Just moved back to "the Couve" after my 3rd attempt at Salt Lake. Glad to be back home and hopefully soon, after the dust settles, I'd like to get out on the water.

As for jet skiers, they're number one in my book....number one utilizing the finger between the index and ring fingers.   :thefinger:

Oh, and did I mention being an outspoken, some what opinionated,  grumpy ol' ef'er?   ;D

Dave
Retired Army - 67N/67V/67R/15R

I'm not too far away. I'm in orchards. I just bought my first kayak and have been fishing lady island. I launch from camas marina and have been running lines for sturgeon and have been doing pretty good. Lacamas can be good in the mornings for bass. I'm also trying to get into ocean fishing but I'm not sure my kayak would be sea worthy.

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
I live just above Round Lake and have been trying to fish there either early or late. Last week I got 2 very small large mouth. I'm retired and keep two yaks on the roof of my car and can be persuaded to fish there most any time, it's literally 1 minute away.

PM me if anyone is up for it.
iHop

"Of all the things that wisdom provides to help one live one's entire life in happiness, the greatest by far is the possession of friendship." Epicurus

Hobie Tandem Island. OK Tetra 12, Jackson Coosa