Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:26:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 17, 2024, 09:12:10 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 06:04:24 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

by PNW
[April 17, 2024, 03:57:54 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 11:59:14 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 10:23:24 AM]

[April 02, 2024, 09:39:30 AM]

[April 01, 2024, 12:06:53 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Next Adventure Kayak Fishing Festival 3/17 @ Scappoose Bay Paddle Center  (Read 3008 times)

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
Lots of new folks on the board have been asking about upcoming demo days. Well here's one that I know of. Save the date for March 17,  2018.

What:  Next Adventure Kayak Fishing Festival
Where:  Next Adventure Scappoose Bay Paddling Center
When: March 17, 2018 from 10:00am-4:00pm
Cost: $20

Advanced registration will be open soon. Demo all the top brands of fishing kayaks. I've heard that Sportsmen's Show pricing on kayaks and accessories will be extended to this event.

There will be fishing tackle manufacturers and kayak accessory representatives on site.

Heroes On the Water will also have an info booth.

I'm sure the Next Adventure crew will have more information coming soon, so stay tuned.

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Damn.  That is St Baldrick's Day. The Next Adventure thing would be fun, but I have to get my head shaved. https://www.stbaldricks.org/events/thirstylionOR

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon

but I have to get my head shaved eat a heap of Scottish Eggs.

Dan_E

• Lingcod
  • Formerly known as Indyflyer
  • Date Registered: Dec 2010
$20 for a demo day??  Is this a fishing tourney? That’s more than even the Sportsman’s show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
$20 for a demo day??  Is this a fishing tourney? That’s more than even the Sportsman’s show.

N.A. staff is meeting this week to finalize the details, so I don't want to talk out of turn...  However, the registration fees are going to be donated to Heroes On the Water. You can also probably expect some food and likely a cool swag bag.

Also, I'm hearing that the Bonafide SS-127 shipment is not far off, and they should have good stock of the Hobie Compass. So you can put those two awesome new designs through the paces and see what you think. I had a glass up the wall and heard something about NuCanoe as well but...

Dan_E

• Lingcod
  • Formerly known as Indyflyer
  • Date Registered: Dec 2010
N.A. staff is meeting this week to finalize the details, so I don't want to talk out of turn...  However, the registration fees are going to be donated to Heroes On the Water.

That's what I was hoping to hear.

Dan_E

TP

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
A few more details for this event:

-The $20.00 entry fee is going straight to HOW.

-There will be an awesome lunch for everyone, not sure what yet but definitely some variation of grilled meats. If you've ever eaten at our events when the owner Bryan is manning the grill, you know that alone will be worth the price of admission.

-We will have a series of clinics throughout the day, we want to make this not only an opportunity to try out boats for potential buyers, but also a chance for the kayak fishing community to gather and share their knowledge.  Hence the festival, and not just a demo day.

-We will have a huge selection of fishing kayaks to try out. While we do demos every day at Scappoose, this will be an opportunity to demo boats and sizes that we might not have in the fleet, also the chance to pick the brains of our sales reps, and really compare brands and options.

-If you sign up for the event by 2/15 you will lock in our sportsman show pricing for the day of the festival. We will have some sweet deals for everyone at the festival, but we want this event to give folks that are drooling over a boat at the show the chance to make a good and informed decision.

BONAFIDE HAS LANDED!!! come check it out first at the sportsman show, the delivery came as we were loading up for the show, so you can see it at the show before they make it to the shop.

I will post the link for the event asap,  but stop by the show and talk to me(tanner) or CJ and we can give you the low down

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
Looking forward to this Saturday! Hope to see a bunch of charged up kayak fishing folks down there. There's still time to sign up.

https://nextadventure.net/events-classes/detail/view/id/8017/

MurseStrong

• Lingcod
  • 2009 OK T11 2016 Hobie Revo 13 2018 Hobie Revo 13
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
Looking forward to seeing many of you there. I will at the event helping out in any way that I can.
Hugh
If You Know The Answer, Ask Bigger Questions

"You are killing me, fish, the old man thought. But you have a right to. Never have I seen a greater, or more beautiful, or a calmer or more noble thing than you, brother."
-The Old Man and the Sea