Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:00:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Offshore charters "near" salem  (Read 2013 times)

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
Tradewinds there in Depoe Bay is another great chart group.   Been fishing 40 years with them, and dockside, although no so much the last couple years since I started Kayak fishing.  Still use them for long trips for halibut and tuna and when I go out with non kayak fishing friends.    Dustin on the Morning Star is a great Captain!   He works very hard to get his clients on the fish and as close to full boat limits as he can get.   

Pacific City Dorys are an awesome experience since you coming from Ohio, beach launch and landing is a kick in the butt. 

If you like crab, no matter where you go out of get add the crabbing package, they have upped the price to $20 at Tradewinds but still worth it if you bring home a few nice fat crabs.  I believe both Tradewinds and Dockside cook will clean and cook the crab for you at the dock, I know Tradewinds does.

Have a GREAT trip!!!
Lance

I didn't even realize Tradewinds was open again.  I'm glad they got they're issues sorted out and they are open again.  The family and I went out with them when we first moved here and we had a really good time and they worked hard out there to get everyone some fish even though the ocean wasn't a happy ocean.   :puke:

Looks like you are responsible for getting your own license prior to going out with them now instead of buying it there.
Ray
2020 Hobie Outback "Chum Chicken"
2018 Native Titan 10.5 "Battle Barge"
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge
Category - IT’S NOT A DRINKING PROBLEM IF YOU’RE BEING CREATIVE
1st place - The Drunken Bastard

crash

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Tradewinds there in Depoe Bay is another great chart group.   Been fishing 40 years with them, and dockside, although no so much the last couple years since I started Kayak fishing.  Still use them for long trips for halibut and tuna and when I go out with non kayak fishing friends.    Dustin on the Morning Star is a great Captain!   He works very hard to get his clients on the fish and as close to full boat limits as he can get.   

Pacific City Dorys are an awesome experience since you coming from Ohio, beach launch and landing is a kick in the butt. 

If you like crab, no matter where you go out of get add the crabbing package, they have upped the price to $20 at Tradewinds but still worth it if you bring home a few nice fat crabs.  I believe both Tradewinds and Dockside cook will clean and cook the crab for you at the dock, I know Tradewinds does.

Have a GREAT trip!!!
Lance

I didn't even realize Tradewinds was open again.  I'm glad they got they're issues sorted out and they are open again.  The family and I went out with them when we first moved here and we had a really good time and they worked hard out there to get everyone some fish even though the ocean wasn't a happy ocean.   :puke:

Looks like you are responsible for getting your own license prior to going out with them now instead of buying it there.

As I recall they had to sell the business as part of the plea deal and restitution. Should be entirely different operators at this point. Not sure I would have kept the name, but I hope everything works out for them.

The cliff notes on tradewinds for those unfamiliar was that they pocketed all of the money from the day licenses they sold instead of giving ODFW the money and issuing a license. They were charged criminally and convicted.

anything