Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:37:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 02:11:19 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Tilly Bay on Sunday  (Read 2649 times)

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Ok I’m all geared up, just need to tie up some leaders for the bay.
  REMEMBER daylight savings time and go to bed an hour early!!!
I’ll likely roll in behind the fish cleaning station around 0600-0615.

Roll call who is going.

MojoJojo
Cosmo
Trbro04
KiLLERclownfish

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

Guppy Tamer

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jun 2011
I won't be making it tomorrow.  Good luck, and post pictures.

Cosmo

• Salmon
  • Integrity-It's What You Do When No One's Looking
  • DADventurerNW
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
I will be there on the water by 7, launching from the boat ramp.
Cosmo
2 Hobie Mirage Outbacks 2014

Nobaddays

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
I fished it today.  Fishing was slow through the low slack tide, but picked up mid way through the incoming.  It was a soft tide so it was easy fishing conditions.  Great day out there.

I caught about 10 greenling and about 20 rockfish.  Almost all the rockfish were coppers.  There were big schools of black rockfish per divers in the area, they just weren't biting what I had to offer.  The most fish I found were near the last big rock point before the corner.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 08:57:21 PM by Nobaddays »
Being retired, they pay me when I go fishing, therefore I am kind of a professional fisherman.

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
Thanks for the report, you joining us tomorrow? Haven’t fished with you in WAY TOO LONG .... J.

Shannon

Casey

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
Really cool greenling picture!

codeman

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Jan 2010
Wish I could join. Weather looks awesome. However, I work sun-tues, and every other saturday. This is my saturday....Good luck everyone tomorrow. I look forward to reading the reports!

Nobaddays

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
Thanks for the report, you joining us tomorrow? Haven’t fished with you in WAY TOO LONG .... J.

Wish I could, but I had to head back to Central Oregon.  Hope you guys crush it today.
Being retired, they pay me when I go fishing, therefore I am kind of a professional fisherman.

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
Was slooooowww fishing for me today lost one with a broken leader, kept a good size bay black rock fish about 10-11 inches KiLLERclownfish kept an 8-9 incher, we got one keeper crab for 3 traps. Gifted our fish and crab to Corey.
Beautiful day on the water, wind kicked up a little around 11ish headed in around 12:45 after trying for piling perch with no luck.

Got a jam in the propel drive followed bye a clunking sound and skip in my pedal stroke ....that repeated itself every revolution, damn it!! So I just opened it up, and yep stripped two teeth off the upper transmission gear. It is an older drive 2011 so now I gotta save up some lettuce to order a new gear set $55 , still usable with gently motion but will need to fix it before hitting the Big Blue.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 04:40:12 PM by Mojo Jojo »

Shannon

codeman

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Jan 2010
Dang! That sucks Shannon. At least it looks like the weather was awesome. My two trips this year so far have been cold. Not sure whats changed in the bay there, my last 5-6 trips have all been less than stellar. Used to be able to go out there and catch fish till my arms fell off, especially in the winter.  I have noticed WAY more crabbers than in the past, I think they really scatter the schools, and all of the commotion seems to put them off of the bite. Hopefully in a week or two when i make it down there again, things have turned around...thinking maybe I should wait until the crabbing really sucks, and I can have the south wall to myself.

Cosmo

• Salmon
  • Integrity-It's What You Do When No One's Looking
  • DADventurerNW
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
Fishing was a bit faster for me yesterday.  Launching in 30 degree weather was not fun at all.  Apparently some of us forgot that the sun came up an hour later with the time change, so we hung out for a bit before getting in the water.  Once I regained feeling in my hands, and things started to warm up, the paddle out was great, and the water was perfect.  However, as the day went on, the swells and wind grew, and it was time to get out of there.

I managed to get into a few nice fish, mostly male and female greenling, and one nice copper rockfish.  The fish were picky, not hammering the little swim baits as usual, but there were a few biters.  I then switched over to a small hook (size 10) and bait, hoping for some perch, but only picked up a few more greenling and a 3 inch cabbie, probably the smallest one I've ever seen.  They still look mean at that size! 

The crab trap had a legal Dungeness in each of the two pulls, with a few shorts and females, along with a few small reds.

In the end I ended up with 4 nice greenling, 1 nice copper, and two Dungeness.  Enough for some tacos for the fam.  Not sure why, but in the stringer pic, all of the fish look small.  However, they were all good size, especially the greenling wee in the 15-16' range, good size for the bay.

It was great to meet a few new guys and fish together.  Maybe when the weather warms up a bit, we can get out there again.
Cosmo
2 Hobie Mirage Outbacks 2014

trbro04

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jul 2018
Fishing was slow for me.  I caught one nice size cabbie but not able to take it.  No crabs in my one trap.  Great day on the water but very cold early on.  Loved going out there and getting the experience.  Thanks again for everyone who went!

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
Got the part for the drive in the mail today curtesy of cjweinhe, thanks bro I owe ya some welding..... got it stripped down cleaned everything and put the new gears on the top end. Now I’ll take the other drive apart, clean, inspect and regrease it. I believe I’ll make this a winter ritual every year. Here’s the photo of the stripped teeth.

Shannon

trbro04

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jul 2018
Nice job dude, be ready for the next tides!

anything