Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:57:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 10:19:10 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 11:30:33 PM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 15, 2024, 05:06:01 PM]

[March 12, 2024, 12:47:00 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[March 07, 2024, 07:18:54 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

[February 23, 2024, 05:38:08 PM]

[February 20, 2024, 05:22:22 AM]

by shad
[February 14, 2024, 08:33:25 AM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Video: Run in with boat  (Read 16118 times)

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Holy F@#!.  What the hell?  Did they just drive off after a quick howdy?

-Allen

DeaFish

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Dec 2011
People make mistakes but that was totally irresponsible. Glad you ok. Hows the yak?
Wonder what his insurance would do if they seen this?

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
At first I thought they were bailing so snapped their pics to get the boat #, but they were actually going after my paddle. A very scary situation!
Or did they return because you snapped their picture.  I hope the stresses from the crash didn't cause any unseen damage like cracks at stress points.

Mark Collett

• Sturgeon
  • Make It Happen
  • Date Registered: May 2011

Holy crap......that was undescribably messed up.Glad that you survived..I woulda been cussing up a storm then wanting blood.their's not my own. :o
    It constaantly amazes me how some people can do such stupid things.But that is a very real possibility anytime we venture out.And it can happen anywhere and anytime.Dilegence should always be in our minds.
    So glad you are ok Micheal.You're a great guy and that could have had a much sadder end.Be safe out there ,my friend............
Life is short---live it tall.

Be kinder than necessary--- everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Sailors may be struck down at any time, in calm or in storm, but the sea does not do it for hate or spite.
She has no wrath to vent. Nor does she have a hand in kindness to extend.
She is merely there, immense, powerful, and indifferent

andyjade

• Sturgeon
  • Photo Dump
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
At first, I was going to recommend the throwing stars available at the Loch Hagg general store.  But then I remembered the time in which I got hit by a minivan whilst riding my bike.  Last summer, in fact.  The guy had an unwilling double shift at work, and his wife left him.  He spaced off and made a right turn without looking.  His insurance was recently cancelled due to insufficient funds.  He cried, we hugged, and I staggered off to embrace my concussion.  He learned a lesson, and I came to appreciate the value of awareness.  But I was OK in the end, and it sounds like Jammer is, too.  It's hard to judge anything from the video, and Jammer makes it sound like he resolved the situation in his own mind.  I guess the take home message is that we should continue the fight to make power boaters aware of the fact that our low profile asses are out there.  And maybe, just maybe, that the Loch Hagg store has tri-stars for $4.99 a piece.

But seriously, if your boat is jacked, let us know; we have G-flex and spare boats.  We'll get you back on the water ASAP.
Blog/Photo Dump

Editor, The Milkcrate, Kayak Angler Lifestyle.

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
Should have grabbed your neck and started yelling "Oh Oww Whiplash."

Then clutched your chest and said "Oh this is The Big One, Oh I'm Coming Elizabeth!"

Glad you're ok dude. You're lucky that wasn't a much bigger boat, or a twin hull that would have gone over the top of you. I might have radioed M.C. Sheriff and had them sobriety checked. Then again you might not have passed that test. 😜

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

rimfirematt

• Salmon
  • Hit Me up on Facebook!
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
Dang what a week its been! Between this, the Sea Lion and Akfishergals sleigh ride, the newbie here is getting a little worried!

ndogg

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • "Fists of Fury"
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
Glad to see you are OK.  Mind if I use the video in the presentation for the CCA?

Bennicus

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Apr 2011
Glad you are alright.  That was a pretty good smack way too close.  Scary to think what almost happened.  Good to hear they were apologetic, helped out, and cooler heads prevailed.

Add a visit to Lens Crafters after the sobriety check.

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
I guess there is another good reason to fish with a buddy. If he had seen another kayak, maybe he might have been looking out for you. It's still no excuse for being a careless schmuck on his part.

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Glad to hear you're Ok, dude!  I can't believe those guys!   :angry5:

I guess there is another good reason to fish with a buddy. If he had seen another kayak, maybe he might have been looking out for you.

Yeah, or better yet, one person anchor pointing up river, one pointing down river so you can watch each others' backsides.

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

islandson671

• Heroes On The Water NWest
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
Thats really f*#kd up! Glad you're ok and hope you were able to go through and check your boat out with no issues.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
Wow, Mike, you were amazingly calm and poised. I was shocked to see how stabile the Outback was during the impact and you remained so well balanced, both physically and emotionally. My hat's off to you for handling this so well and I'm sure glad you weren't hurt.

I've been reading a lot about the racing yacht that was pulverized last week by a mystery freighter off Ensenada, Mexico. This really strikes home. I hate even going out on Lacamas Lake when the wake boarders and PWC crowd are out in force. Too much gasoline, alcohol and testosterone makes for a treacherous environment for kayaks.

Be safe out there, I like the idea of buddies facing in opposite directions to watch out for each others' backs.
iHop

"Of all the things that wisdom provides to help one live one's entire life in happiness, the greatest by far is the possession of friendship." Epicurus

Hobie Tandem Island. OK Tetra 12, Jackson Coosa

Abking

• Lingcod
  • I put on the Gimme Shelter Tournament Series
  • Date Registered: Oct 2006
Quote from: IslandHoppa
Wow, Mike, you were amazingly calm and poised. I was shocked to see how stabile the Outback was during the impact and you remained so well balanced, both physically and emotionally. My hat's off to you for handling this so well and I'm sure glad you weren't hurt.

+1 and way to get it on video. 
See you at Gimme Shelter

fishnut

• Salmon
  • 1st Recipient of 2012 A$$hat Award
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
Posted earlier last nite. guess it didn't post. Glad you're okay Jammer. that's really messed up to put it mildly.

anything