Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:09:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Anybody Blackmouth Dabob Bay-Misery Point Area?  (Read 2002 times)

kaz

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Oct 2018
On my old fishing guides,  they recommend fishing for Blackmouth in Dabob Bay from Pleasant Harbor to Quilicene Bay,  and around Misery Point near Seabeck.   Has anybody ever fished these waters?   It seems that Area 12 is open. 
Cape Falcon F1 (homemade, skin boat)
Trident 13
Necky Dolphin 14

workhard

• Salmon
  • Get off your computer and fish
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
On my old fishing guides,  they recommend fishing for Blackmouth in Dabob Bay from Pleasant Harbor to Quilicene Bay,  and around Misery Point near Seabeck.   Has anybody ever fished these waters?   It seems that Area 12 is open.

I'm going to pass on Defiance and fish up there this weekend. I don't think anyone here knows about it, hell I don't even think most boaters know about. Hidden blackmouth gem, especially in the spring.

Fish hard.

kaz

• Perch

I'm going to pass on Defiance and fish up there this weekend. I don't think anyone here knows about it, hell I don't even think most boaters know about. Hidden blackmouth gem, especially in the spring.

Fish hard.

Thanks, workhard.  In my outboard days,  I've fished Defiance and the Banks,  but I'm learning to look for  some smaller,  yak-fishable spots.  This area is only 40 miles away.  I see that there's a little launch area south of Yelvik's.   If I can get my FF rigged on Sat. (I'm going to try the thru-hull mount) maybe I can hit it Sunday.  If you see a mango-colored T13,  and a fisherman  struggling with a ridiculously over-long  mooching rod,  that would be me. 
Trident 13
Necky Dolphin 14

workhard

• Salmon
That launch is on private property, I'd check with them if you're going to launch there.

Fish hard.

kaz

• Perch
That launch is on private property, I'd check with them if you're going to launch there.

Fish hard.

I'll definitely check this out.  On the Dept. of Ecology web page it's listed for public beach access.  It's called, Right Smart Cove State Park,  but I can't seem to find this park in a web-search. 

Edit: You're right.  The folks at the store charge $5.00.  If they aren't open you can leave an envelope with your vehicle description and license plate number at the store. 
Trident 13
Necky Dolphin 14

workhard

• Salmon
I do a lot of research on property lines looking for access sites, lol.

Fish hard.

kaz

• Perch
I'm catching on.  :)  The lady at Yelvik's was very pleasant. 

I'm going to have to be more cautious or sneaky. 
Trident 13
Necky Dolphin 14

alpalmer

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012

Fish hard.

This article describes the park you are looking for.   It seems to not have upland access, only on water.  Years ago when I was a board member of WWTA these areas were reviewed but with no state funds little development can be done.   Local people(neighbors) as you might expect are often times resistant to opening these sites to the public.   If you go to any of these sites,  be prepared with maps, gps boundaries, and other information to provide to anyone who may confront you.   http://archive.kitsapsun.com/outdoors/these-parks-are-state-secrets-3a9ef167-0515-32b3-e053-0100007fb940--392599261.html

I'll definitely check this out.  On the Dept. of Ecology web page it's listed for public beach access.  It's called, Right Smart Cove State Park,  but I can't seem to find this park in a web-search. 

Edit: You're right.  The folks at the store charge $5.00.  If they aren't open you can leave an envelope with your vehicle description and license plate number at the store.
"A venturesome minority will always be eager to get off on their own,
and no obstacle should be placed in their path;
let them take risk, for God sake, let them get lost, sun burnt, stranded, drowned,
eaten by bears, buried alive under avalanches -
that is the right and privilege of any free American."
--Edward Abbey--

kaz

• Perch
Thanks for the inside information.  The owner acknowledged that the state owns a sliver of land,  but she claims the that launch area is hers.  It doesn't seem like it's worth a fight.  Besides, as someone who has been a builder for over 30 yrs.,  I dread these encounters. 

Just recently, as a super,  I built 2 waterfront houses on Bainbridge Isl.  The entire access road had previously collapsed and was unstable.  I had 20+ angry,  semi-crazed "neighbors".  Even concrete trucks exceeded the road limit.  It still gives me nightmares. 
Trident 13
Necky Dolphin 14

alpalmer

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
Thanks for the inside information.  The owner acknowledged that the state owns a sliver of land,  but she claims the that launch area is hers.  It doesn't seem like it's worth a fight.  Besides, as someone who has been a builder for over 30 yrs.,  I dread these encounters. 

Just recently, as a super,  I built 2 waterfront houses on Bainbridge Isl.  The entire access road had previously collapsed and was unstable.  I had 20+ angry,  semi-crazed "neighbors".  Even concrete trucks exceeded the road limit.  It still gives me nightmares.

I lived on the southend of Brainbridge Is. in 2007 for a year.   Non-waterfront people seemed pretty nice but those that owned on the water,  very "excitable", lol.  Good luck in your fishing.  I miss paddling on Puget Sound, particularly in the fall/winter.
"A venturesome minority will always be eager to get off on their own,
and no obstacle should be placed in their path;
let them take risk, for God sake, let them get lost, sun burnt, stranded, drowned,
eaten by bears, buried alive under avalanches -
that is the right and privilege of any free American."
--Edward Abbey--

workhard

• Salmon
This article describes the park you are looking for.   It seems to not have upland access, only on water.  Years ago when I was a board member of WWTA these areas were reviewed but with no state funds little development can be done.   Local people(neighbors) as you might expect are often times resistant to opening these sites to the public.   If you go to any of these sites,  be prepared with maps, gps boundaries, and other information to provide to anyone who may confront you.   http://archive.kitsapsun.com/outdoors/these-parks-are-state-secrets-3a9ef167-0515-32b3-e053-0100007fb940--392599261.html

Echoing this, lots of people incorrectly claiming your 'trespassing' on public land at these sites.

Fish hard.

anything