Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:48:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Thanks Jed for BCS III  (Read 2129 times)

snopro

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
I want to thank Jed for organizing and hosting a great event.  The BCS III was a fun time.  Weather was excellent on game day.  The competition and location were top notch.  The road from Baker City to Richland at this time of year was a beautiful drive.  The word is out on BCS and it's rapidly growing in participation.  I'm curious to see what next season brings.

It was my first time and it's on my annual list now.  Thanks Jed and everyone who helped put this on.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
I want to thank Jed for organizing and hosting a great event.  The BCS III was a fun time.  Weather was excellent on game day.  The competition and location were top notch.  The road from Baker City to Richland at this time of year was a beautiful drive.  The word is out on BCS and it's rapidly growing in participation.  I'm curious to see what next season brings.

It was my first time and it's on my annual list now.  Thanks Jed and everyone who helped put this on.
Thanks snopro, glad you made the drive over. I think we lucked out on the weather window. Thunder storms the day before and after. Congrats on the great finish and figuring out a new fishery.

Casey

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015

Thanks snopro, glad you made the drive over. I think we lucked out on the weather window. Thunder storms the day before and after. Congrats on the great finish and figuring out a new fishery.

I’d like to copy and paste everything Snopro said... Thanks all for putting on and participating in this awesome event! This was a really fun few days! It was great to see familiar faces and meet many more! Brownlee is a beautiful place to fish, totally different from what I’m used to. Can’t wait for the next one!
I’m growing really fond of this shiny new buckle!

YippieKaiyak

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
I completely agree.  Thanks for putting on an awesome event.  First time there and it was a blast.  What a cool fishery!  Thanks to Jed and all the volunteers and sponsors.
Kayaking without wearing a PFD is like drunk driving.  You can get away with it for a while, but eventually someone dies.

IdahoSkies

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
I have fished the event all three years and can say that Jed puts on a great tournament, and it just gets better every year. 

Jed should be proud, the sponsors should be supported, and most of all we should be grateful for the work that CASA of Eastern Oregon does, which is who the tournament is supporting. 

Thanks again for a great time. 

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Ditto what everyone else said!  What a great time and the contest gets better with every year.  I still can't believe how many amazing sponsors you wrangled to ensure that everyone got a prize.  I'm pretty sure that no one spent more in entry fees than they took home in prizes.

-Mark-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

sherminator

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
Even though all I have proven in two Crappie Shootouts (I & III) is that I am a crappy crappie fisherman, I echo everyone else's comments about how great a tournament it is, and I plan to keep on going and thoroughly enjoying myself.

Thank you Jed & family for putting on a great event!
15x tournament loser
2011 Hobie Oasis (yellow)
2014 Hobie Revo  (red)
2017 Aquaglide Blackfoot HB Angler XL

Lutefisk

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
Anybody post photos anywhere? Facebook page? Very much interested for next year.

rawkfish

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • youtube.com
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Someday I'll make it out to this tournament.  Always seems like a kick ass time.

2011 Angler Of The Year
1st Place 2011 PDX Bass Yakin' Classic
"Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga except I still get to kill something."  - Ron Swanson

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

Lutefisk

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Looks like a really cool landscape to fish at. And get a sun tan.

YippieKaiyak

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Oh man, I saw you hook up with that fish at 3:34 ish after a long stop in the bite for my approach.  Looked pretty fun.  What's the rod/reel/line?  Serious bow in that rod most shots. Looks like a killer setup.  I was wondering who else had an actual paddle. :)
Kayaking without wearing a PFD is like drunk driving.  You can get away with it for a while, but eventually someone dies.

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Wow Mark  always enjoy your videos. Sitting here watching that Unknown Monster,  was thinking, Spot watch the rocks on your left! Then that WTF!? moment when the little guy pops up brought a smile.

BTW, what's the circular thing with the yellow ring to your right rear?
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
Thanks Guys!

Yippie - The rod is a Daiwa Spinmatic Ultralight with a Procyon EX 2000 reel.  I was running 8lb Maxima Ultragreen with 4lb Maxima Chameleon leader.  That rod and reel combo is my favorite for low and clear steelhead in the winter!

Rich - The round thingamajig is a 50/50 camera housing.  I got it for my birthday and I'm still trying to figure it out.  That's where the underwater footage of the little smallie came from.

-Mark-

Sponsors and Supporters:

Tournament Results: