Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:00:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 08:37:24 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: pacific city fishing  (Read 2290 times)

• Date Registered: Feb 2009
I'll try and be on the sand by 7 (if I leave the Gorge by 4) and on the water at 7:30. I'll be with the 13' Hobie Revo named "Ms. Salma."

For salmon, I figure a flasher and herring or hoochie should do the trick. I'll have a lighter rod for rockfish. I have enough crab bait to fill the traps. Hopefully we'll hit the right spot near the rock.

I'm also going to bring my training wheels for me (the Hobie amas) as I find them to give me a little more security when pulling up a trap full o' crab (fingers crossed).

Fred "True" Trujillo
"This above all: to thine own self, be true, and it must follow, as the day the night, thou canst not then be false to any man."

craigstanly

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Jul 2018
great i will be in a red and orange wilderness systems radar peddle drive i should be there at 7.. my # is 503 840 9299

Guppy Tamer

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jun 2011
I will probably be there Wednesday.  Not sure what time yet.

• Date Registered: Feb 2009
I'm also going to bring my training wheels for me (the Hobie amas) as I find them to give me a little more security when pulling up a trap full o' crab (fingers crossed).
How do you find the Sidekick on surf landings?

Dave

They're not too bad! I actually launched with them and landed with them in about 3' surf a couple of weeks ago. They seemed so much more stable when just dragging my kayak through the surf to get further down the beach. I seemed to roll the kayak every once in a while when just moving it in shallow water and an ankle slapper would threaten to tip it over - not now.

I was initially worried about the bulk of them but they ride high up on the kayak when I'm pushing fast and stay off of the water. My only complaint is that they're in the way of my paddle when I have them set up behind my seat and before I get my pedal drive set up. I might need to put them in the front on Wednesday just to try them out and see how they do.

Fred "True" Trujillo
"This above all: to thine own self, be true, and it must follow, as the day the night, thou canst not then be false to any man."

Guppy Tamer

• Lingcod
Tried trolling for salmon for the first time,  and had one big takedown. Ended up settling for a nice rockfish limit.  I heard rumors of a couple chinook landed in kayaks.

craigstanly

• Krill
i also had one nice take down.  It was my first time ocean fishing in my kayak.. Thanks to Fred and all who helped me out today!! took home 3 nice rock fish. let a ton swim on for another day.. came in around noon for a quick break, I got sideways and lost it! thankfully i tied everything down.. Went back out and paddled with a whale for a while and made a nice surf back in with no problems!!Thanks again everyone..
Shout out to Sherman for lending me a dry top so i could experience  the ocean!! nothing but a great bunch of guys!!

Guppy Tamer

• Lingcod
i also had one nice take down.  It was my first time ocean fishing in my kayak.. Thanks to Fred and all who helped me out today!! took home 3 nice rock fish. let a ton swim on for another day.. came in around noon for a quick break, I got sideways and lost it! thankfully i tied everything down.. Went back out and paddled with a whale for a while and made a nice surf back in with no problems!!Thanks again everyone..
Shout out to Sherman for lending me a dry top so i could experience  the ocean!! nothing but a great bunch of guys!!

That must have been you I was talking to right before you went in at lunch.  I was in the olive hobie at the rock. It was good meeting you. 

P.s. the pee zipper is priceless when you go shopping for a drysuit!

craigstanly

• Krill
it was nice hanging with you. and yes getting a dry suit with a pee zipper is a must!

PNW

• Teutrowenia pellucida (Googly-eyed glass squid)
  • Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
  • Date Registered: Sep 2008
Good meeting you guys yesterday. This is what I wound up with: 1 ling, 1 cab, 3 BRF. The dry suit I got from Trident 13 worked great! Safe travels John.

anything