Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:26:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: I Cast 18, Blue sky boat works ,  (Read 3319 times)

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
Anyone been to I Cast this year ? If so did u see the Blue sky boat works barge, and what's your impression?  Am looking for something I can take my 4yro daughter out on that won't scare her because it's narrow and wobbly. Saw the thing on YouTube but I don't trust the hype, so am asking here.
[WR]
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
I would suspect that it moves quite well through the water due to its two long and narrow hulls.   Here is where you can learn more about how the magic happens. http://www.oneoceankayaks.com/smhydro/hydro.htm
I would not surf launch it, but on a big lake or river, I think it would be awesome!  I may try to replicate that in cedar strips some day.  That would be cool.
What is interesting is how Jackson let them film in front of their bus and with a kayak in the background.  I wonder if a purchase is pending.

sounguru

• One Old Fat Bass
  • Krill
  • One Old Fat Bass
  • Date Registered: May 2017
Blue Sky is Jackson.

It was in the top five for choices when I was looking too upgrade over the last 6 months.

I agree that this would probably not be a surf launch vessel, but other than that it would be a sweet ride. I like a lot of the features and almost pulled the trigger on it but $ became a deciding issue on my choice in the end.
You #$*! Crappie stay off my lawn....

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
WR, I got a Jackson Big Tuna you could demo with her if you want. It’s not for sale and likely never will be,  but it’s a great boat and super stable. Has the father in law out with me 240lb for me 185 for him. TLW was also joined me on it.

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • ADTA.org
Thanks guys ,
No no surf launching with a 4 yro and my disabilities 😡 added to the mix.

The more I look around for options,  I'm more inclined to go with a tandem from feel free or another maker. Also looking a a plain old plastic 12 foot Jon boat from pelican that I can ads a Minn kota to. I can get into something like that for under $1200 instead of the $5-6000 Jackson wants for their big platform.
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

uplandsandpiper

I was at ICAST. I was really excited about this boat when it came out but have steadily lost interest. They have hit numerous snags in getting this boat ready for release. I also found their customer service up to this point to be absolute garbage. They also can't seem to get this boat into the hands of somebody who can give it an honest review on the water. Its always short promos not really demonstrating the ability of the boat to move on the water.

It won best in show for ICAST which means didly squat IMO. I'd rather spend the money on a microskiff.

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • ADTA.org
And that takes us back to my originally saying don't believe the hype....
Have truck, can travel. And yeah it wiuld fit in an 8 foot bed just like the Jon boat. But it wouldn't take so long to move the Jon boat and get set up.....

But do I really want to wait for a company to pull its head out its fourth point of contact when I can just go already with the plastic pelican?  Twin Troller and Pond Prowler also on the possibles list. remember she's only 4. So I want to make sure she feels safe. ( took her to great wolf in chehalis, took 2 days before she would let go of us and try to dog paddle with her flotation on)

Again thanks for all the input. I think I kno where I'm spending my money....

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
Ray
2020 Hobie Outback "Chum Chicken"
2018 Native Titan 10.5 "Battle Barge"
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge
Category - IT’S NOT A DRINKING PROBLEM IF YOU’RE BEING CREATIVE
1st place - The Drunken Bastard

siebler

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Jan 2013
These should be landing at Next Adventure (including a demo) late next week or early the following week.