Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:44:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Sailing invite Hagg Lake, 1pm till? 7/20/18  (Read 8304 times)

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
I know, I know, kinda late notice, but my wife just got her an iSUP to play with and with both of our kids now old enough to have jobs (and do), we are taking the opportunity to spend some time together (kinda) at the lake tomorrow. 

Clearly standup paddle boarding and kayak sailing usually don't go hand and hand, but we have a plan. 

We'll get there around 1230pm and hopefully before the wind actually kicks up so she can get her hull checks out of the way before the board blows away on her.  Then when the afternoon winds do start to roll, she'll hit the beach or tuck into Sain Creek and continue practicing staying vertical while I rip around getting all soaked on the Addy. 

Sooooo, if anyone else wants to meetup, we'll be launching from Ramp C around 1pm.

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

Shin09

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
I was out of town this weekend (sailing the TI actually), but a group sail would be fun some time!

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
How’d the wife do on the FIP “Fall in paddle board” ? How was the sailing? Did you fish? Did you catch? Come on man report!

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
Dang!! I was sailing the iHoppa all over Lake Crescent last week, otherwise this would have been a great time to meet up. Let me know next time you're going to sail, INSAYN. I still need to get my winch mounted on the trailer.

After a few years of minimal kayak fishing I'm getting the bug again. Spent 5 hours tossing topwater all over Lacamas yesterday. Hitting Silver Lake Thursday and Friday, gonna park the RV at Silver Lake Resort. If anyone is up that way give me a shout.
iHop

"Of all the things that wisdom provides to help one live one's entire life in happiness, the greatest by far is the possession of friendship." Epicurus

Hobie Tandem Island. OK Tetra 12, Jackson Coosa

Shin09

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
How's the sailing on silver lake? I am debating about going up there at some point.  Also was that Lake Crecent in WA or OR?

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
Lake Crescent, WA in Olympic National Park. Caught a lot of Kokanee but it's catch and release only for all fish.

I sailed Silver Lake a few years ago with my grandson and it's great. Not bringing the TI this time since I'm taking the RV, we're going to paddle and try and nail some bass and crappie.
iHop

"Of all the things that wisdom provides to help one live one's entire life in happiness, the greatest by far is the possession of friendship." Epicurus

Hobie Tandem Island. OK Tetra 12, Jackson Coosa

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
How’d the wife do on the FIP “Fall in paddle board” ? How was the sailing? Did you fish? Did you catch? Come on man report!

The wife did as she expected.  Spent most of her day IN the water.  But, she knew this going into it.  Her and our daughter went out Monday morning without the wind and they both stayed topside for the better part of their stay.

As for sailing, it was good.  Warm wet water splashing full on in the face was great.

The wind was a bit confused at times and would have quick shifts enough to make me have to change up my attack.  However with a wind indicator mounted on the top of the mast, I could quickly see which direction the wind direction was coming from, otherwise just needed to watch the tails and keep them horizontal.

At the peak of the day (wind speed wise), I was able to hit at least 8mph before my port side ama was buried and water was smashing over my aka and tramp during some beam reach maneuvers. Had to dump the main sheet once or twice as I thought I was about to pitch it.

I am now in the process of finding and fixing all the small topside water leaks, and the huge front hatch leak.