Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:58:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Sucia Island '09  (Read 20540 times)

HBH

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
doing a little upgrading/rigging for the upcoming trip....and i got a little help...wants to know why she cant come

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Sounds like you need a nice small yak and a barbie pole for the next trip out!! ;D

Z
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy

Yakker

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Nov 2007
HBH, got her signed up for the AOTY yet?

Doing a little upgrading of my own-- finally got the VHS radio, a Humminbird 55s, another safety factor checked off.  Plus should be fun to see who's catchin the fish and where in real time.
There is a thin line between hobby and insanity.

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
HBH, your garage looks like a fun place for younguns... nice storage of the boats btw,
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

HBH

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Dec 2007
she asked for a pole for her bday so she has her own barbie pole already...my son built the rack for me in his shop class at school...its pretty cool, its on 4 casters and fits through the garage door and stores all my stuff, i can roll it around inside the garage to make more space...currently she rides around in the tank well of my 160

SilverKing

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
I just intalled the transducer for my new humminbird in prep for the trip, I hope your still planning on me rolling with you HBH. I fished the anacortes derby this weekend at Sucia and there are alot of rockfish all over. YEAH!!!

bjoakland

• Salmon
  • Piscis Venator
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
O.K. Gentlemen, time for formalizing.  Let's start with a headcount.  We will need official confirmation replies.

HGH - confirmed
'Yak Monkey - confirmed
yessnoo -
yakker -
silverking -
OPEN SLOT -

deepcolor, we have you showing up and joining us, but arriving via a different Powerboat.

Departure is Friday, May 1, at Noon. Let's try and have everybody show up by 10am.  That gives us time to leave early if we are efficient. Everything will be carried from the parking lot to the slip.  HBH has added his slip location to the NWKA Google map, and it's also listed in this topic. I intend to fit everything for camping in one large duffel bag, with the exceptions of fishing poles. I'm sure a cooler would be fien if you want one for food. I won't be packing much gear into the kayak, in order to keep it from being too cumbersome and heavy when manhandling on the deck.
As for cooking gear, I'll be bringing my small backpacking camp stove and HBH is bringing some firewood.  More firewood is always a good idea!
•• If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~ Doug Larson ••

yessnoo

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Apr 2008
Well i am in...
I guess i will try to bring lots of canned food and stuff but i don't think i can get around bringing a cooler lol...
seems like it could get pretty packed up with 6 peoples 3 day supply of food

anyways if anyone would like to share a tent or something let me know...that way maybe we can cut down on some things (that plus i don't actually have one yet but i will buy one if it comes to that)
2008 Hobie Mirage Revolution Fish

bjoakland

• Salmon
  • Piscis Venator
HGH - confirmed
'Yak Monkey - confirmed
yessnoo - confirmed
yakker -
silverking -
OPEN SLOT -
•• If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~ Doug Larson ••

Yakker

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Nov 2007
O.K. Gentlemen, time for formalizing.  Let's start with a headcount.  We will need official confirmation replies.

HGH - confirmed
'Yak Monkey - confirmed
yessnoo -
yakker -
silverking -
OPEN SLOT -

deepcolor, we have you showing up and joining us, but arriving via a different Powerboat.

HBH & YM, just letting you officially know I am coming as well--will see you all on Friday May 1 at 10 am.  Looking forward to the trip.

Rob.
Departure is Friday, May 1, at Noon. Let's try and have everybody show up by 10am.  That gives us time to leave early if we are efficient. Everything will be carried from the parking lot to the slip.  HBH has added his slip location to the NWKA Google map, and it's also listed in this topic. I intend to fit everything for camping in one large duffel bag, with the exceptions of fishing poles. I'm sure a cooler would be fien if you want one for food. I won't be packing much gear into the kayak, in order to keep it from being too cumbersome and heavy when manhandling on the deck.
As for cooking gear, I'll be bringing my small backpacking camp stove and HBH is bringing some firewood.  More firewood is always a good idea!
There is a thin line between hobby and insanity.

deepcolor

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2008
Correct Gentlemen.  I'm heading out Thursday afternoon with my Dad (Big Joe) and myself (Andrew) on his 26 foot Sea Ray Sundancer called Mountain View.  We'll be in Shallow Bay (weather permitting) and I'm planning on fishing the slack low tide early Friday morning.  And then the slack high tide around 9:30.  I'll keep an eye out for a pile of kayaks on the front of a cabin cruiser coming around the markers around 2 pm or so. 

I'm really looking forward to pulling some ling lips since I've been getting blanked on the spring chinook run.  PM me your cell phone numbers and I'll do the same.  And I'll keep channel 16 on too.

DC 
...as soon as the Advil kicks in...

bjoakland

• Salmon
  • Piscis Venator

HGH - confirmed
'Yak Monkey - confirmed
yessnoo - confirmed
yakker - confirmed
silverking -
OPEN SLOT -

yessnoo

• Lingcod
I always kinda thought that thresher sharks were supposed to be good eating also...but i could be remembering wrong...

back home i know they ate blue shark...mako was the preferred meat but people were content with blue shark from what they told me

we never marinated our shark in milk...ive heard of it but honestly i don't really know what the point is....

most of the shark we ate we caught cleaned on the spot and took it up and fried it right then...no freezing or anything...that's the best way...

yessnoo

• Lingcod
how did i post this on here...i thought i was on the other thread wth lol

im tired...and i gotta get up at 3 am to make my 6 oclock flight :(

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006