Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:14:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Added a few to the Quiver  (Read 2795 times)

dawg/duck13

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Apr 2015
In the past few weeks I've picked up a few new (to me) boats. Already started rigging the OK trident up (fish finder and a battery....although it may get moved). Still got to add a few flush mount rod holders and need a better paddle for it as well. I also just picked up a Native Mariner 10 propel. I need to grab a few things for it already as well (rod holders, boonedox rudder and the fish finder from the OK). I got pretty decent deals on both boats......but it'll be awhile before I get to play w/ them, to many home projects to complete before school starts back.
2015 Hobie Revo 16 <----the "Limousine"
2015 Hobie Outback (Sold)
2015 Jackson Big Tuna (Sold)

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Looks like one project might be needed...... Remodeling the garage to a 4-6 car garage so you got more room for boats.  >:D

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
Congrats!  I want to get one of the propel 10s for my son's boat.  I'll be watching for you review of the propel once you are able to get out in it.  Enjoy!

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Ray
2020 Hobie Outback "Chum Chicken"
2018 Native Titan 10.5 "Battle Barge"
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge
Category - IT’S NOT A DRINKING PROBLEM IF YOU’RE BEING CREATIVE
1st place - The Drunken Bastard

RoxnDox

• Salmon
  • Native Propel
  • Date Registered: Sep 2013
Congrats!  I want to get one of the propel 10s for my son's boat.  I'll be watching for you review of the propel once you are able to get out in it.  Enjoy!

I was able to try out both the Slayer Propel 10 and the Propel 13 before I bought mine (ended up with the 13).  The biggest thing I noticed on the 10 was that it doesn't track nearly as well as the longer boat.  Not surprising, of course.  If your son would be using it as a short trip, mess-about sort of thing, you'd never even notice it most likely.  If he's going to be doing more distance pedaling, then tracking might become a factor.  Definitely required more attention to the rudder compared to the 13, and steering felt "twitchy" and sensitive.  Stability was fine. 

Jim
Junk Jigs "BEST USE OF ACTUAL JUNK" category - "That tape should have been a prized possession and not junk. That will be a collectors item in 30 years!” & “There sure is a lot of junk in there.”

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon

I was able to try out both the Slayer Propel 10 and the Propel 13 before I bought mine (ended up with the 13).  The biggest thing I noticed on the 10 was that it doesn't track nearly as well as the longer boat.  Not surprising, of course.  If your son would be using it as a short trip, mess-about sort of thing, you'd never even notice it most likely.  If he's going to be doing more distance pedaling, then tracking might become a factor.  Definitely required more attention to the rudder compared to the 13, and steering felt "twitchy" and sensitive.  Stability was fine. 

Jim
Thanks Jim.  He will mostly be using it in lakes and maybe the T-Bay eventually.  He's got
 ADD so being able to constantly mess with the rudder will keep him happy.  [emoji1]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Ray
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge

dawg/duck13

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Apr 2015
I like the newer slayer 10, but this is the older Mariner 10 (short bed pick-up). Max capacity is 275lbs, mostly my oldest kiddo (who is ADD as well) will be using it in lakes and such. I will be adding the boonedox rudder to it (should help w/ the steering issues that every one says about the stock rudder on the natives). It needs a few other things as well, rod holders being the biggest.....but then again I can just throw the milk crate on it too. The "bed" should be easy enough to throw some crab pots on it and drop them later on this year. I'll give the boat a full run down in the next few week......school, honey-do list and  kids (sports, camps and just general kids stuff) keeps getting in the way of taking it out.
2015 Hobie Revo 16 <----the "Limousine"
2015 Hobie Outback (Sold)
2015 Jackson Big Tuna (Sold)

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
I was looking at the slayer 10.  The carrying capacity on that thing is amazing.  I was just going to get him a walmart special to play around with in the lake but he told me he wants a boat that he can peddle and I figure if I get him a propel then I can use it too for bass fishing.

Ray
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge

Casey

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
I was looking at the slayer 10.  The carrying capacity on that thing is amazing.  I was just going to get him a walmart special to play around with in the lake but he told me he wants a boat that he can peddle and I figure if I get him a propel then I can use it too for bass fishing.

I had a Walmart special (sun dolphin) it's so tippy! I took it out off the beach and fished all day, sketchy! You can't fart on those things without tipping over! Puckered all day!  I keep it around incase I want to watch a buddy swim [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon

I had a Walmart special (sun dolphin) it's so tippy! I took it out off the beach and fished all day, sketchy! You can't fart on those things without tipping over! Puckered all day!  I keep it around incase I want to watch a buddy swim [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thing I didn't get it.  Thanks Casey. 
Ray
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge