Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:16:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Spokane River Fishing  (Read 3129 times)

Idaho Brit

• Lingcod
  • Hobie Tandem Island, Hobie Outback
  • Date Registered: Jun 2016
Out this morning on the Spokane River with Todd McCoy. Put in at 6am at Black Bay Park in Post Falls back out at 10am. Rained most of the time. I got my new drysuit on so warm and dry. Paddled upstream. About a 4 mile round trip. We caught lots of Smallmouth Bass, mostly small. Trolling and casting crank baits, tube jigs and ned rigs. Best lure was the ned rig, cast and slow trolled. Todd caught one with Crawfish still in its mouth.

Just love to get out on the water.

Tight Lines
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 05:20:50 PM by Idaho Brit »
"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." Said the water rat.  The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame,

• Date Registered: Aug 2015
Nice - thanks for the report.  I had to google those setups you mentioned like the ned rig.

By the way what dry suit did you end up getting?  I've been eyeing used ones at the NRS store in moscow.

Matt M

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Nice work!! The Ned rig is one of my go to rigs when I am just trying to catch fish and don't care so much about size. I don't think I have ever been skunked when running it. Size wise you generally don't catch big fish with it, but if there's fish there they will likely bite!
-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL

Warf

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Jan 2015

what is a Ned rig?...Were those fish largemouth or smallies, all I have caught around the rocks and cliffs at Post Falls were smallies, there are some pretty nice ones there at times...warf

Idaho Brit

• Lingcod
Nice - thanks for the report.  I had to google those setups you mentioned like the ned rig.

By the way what dry suit did you end up getting?  I've been eyeing used ones at the NRS store in moscow.
I got a good deal at kayakshed.com and great service. I am just a satisfied consumer with no affiliation. I got the Kokatat SuperNova Paddling Suit. I've been using a farmer john wetsuit trying to keep costs down but I bit the bullet and invested in the drysuit. Boy, as soon as I got on the water I kicked myself for not doing this before. I was so comfortable even in constant rain. They call it a semi dry suit as the neck seal is neoprene and not 100% waterproof. My thinking is it is more comfortable. If immersed, hopefully the neck area will be above water level after the initial dunking as I only fish lakes/rivers and always wear a PFD. If I could afford it my preference would be for goretex with all latex seals.
http://www.kayakshed.com/product/kokatat-t3-supernova-paddling-suit/
I got a 15% discount for being a NWKA member.
"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." Said the water rat.  The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame,

Idaho Brit

• Lingcod

Here is the discount code for kayakshed.com
http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com/index.php?topic=11188.0

Kokatat also has a new, more afordable goretex suit coming out in 2017.

Idaho Brit

• Lingcod

what is a Ned rig?...Were those fish largemouth or smallies, all I have caught around the rocks and cliffs at Post Falls were smallies, there are some pretty nice ones there at times...warf

Good eye Warf. I have these brain fogs sometimes. They were in fact Smalies.
Here is a video re: Ned rig.

anything