Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:52:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:52:48 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 11:21:53 AM]

by jed
[April 29, 2024, 05:39:20 PM]

[April 28, 2024, 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Seattle Crew Roll Call  (Read 89882 times)

Bellofish

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
I'm kinda new to Yak fishing, and I live in Renton not too very far from the south end of lake washington! Greetings all!

demonick

• Sturgeon
  • Domenick Venezia, Author
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
Welcome Bellofish.  I'm a newbie too.  In my youth I hung out in Renton for many years.  Fond memories of the now defunct Renton Loop.  You putting in at Gene Coulon park?
demonick
Author, Linc Malloy Legacies -- Action/Adventure/Thrillers
2021 Chanticleer Finalist - Global Thriller Series & High Stakes Fiction
Rip City Legacy, Book 6 latest release!
DomenickVenezia.com

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Welcome to the cure Bellofish. Good to see more yakfishermen in the hood.

Z
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy

Southernman

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: May 2009
Hello,

I thought this would be a good place to say hi. I am new to Seattle coming from the South so fishing is a little different here. I live in Queen Anne and trying to find some good places to go bass fishing (large or smallmouths) near by. I have a Ocean Prowler Drifter so I am looking for for lakes. If anyone has moved from the south to the NW and have any suggestions about the fishing difference, I would love the advice.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the water.

Southernman

PNWCOONASS

• Herring
First suggestion, read and understand the regs.  I grew up in Louisiana.  Fresh and Salt regs were simple in LA.

Most places up here for LMB is 5 under 12"s and 1 over 17 my be retained; SMB: no min size, only 1 over 14"s my be retained with a daily limit of 10. 

there is another discussion about bass lakes on here.  Look for the smaller lakes that warm up quicker.  Just like in the south, afternoon top water action is always the best. 

Welcome and enjoy.

Pete

My other boat is an Aircraft Carrier.

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Hello,

I thought this would be a good place to say hi. I am new to Seattle coming from the South so fishing is a little different here. I live in Queen Anne and trying to find some good places to go bass fishing (large or smallmouths) near by. I have a Ocean Prowler Drifter so I am looking for for lakes. If anyone has moved from the south to the NW and have any suggestions about the fishing difference, I would love the advice.

Southernman

Welcome Southernman,

Roll on down the hill to Lake Union for a quickie.  You can find some good bass fishing there.

-Allen

demonick

• Sturgeon
Welcome Southernman,

Roll on down the hill to Lake Union for a quickie.  You can find some good bass fishing there.

My office is on Lake Union.  Got any good locations for Lake Union bass you would like to share? 
demonick
DomenickVenezia.com

demonick

• Sturgeon
Hello,

I thought this would be a good place to say hi. I am new to Seattle coming from the South so fishing is a little different here.  I live in Queen Anne and trying to find some good places to go bass fishing (large or smallmouths) near by. I have a Ocean Prowler Drifter so I am looking for for lakes. If anyone has moved from the south to the NW and have any suggestions about the fishing difference, I would love the advice.

Southernman

Welcome to the Great Pacific Northwest.  Where from in the South?  I've only fished redfish and trout in the north Gulf out in the marsh.  That kind of salt water fishing is very different from what is done here.  Of course the Gulf marsh is shallow and Puget Sound and the ocean is deep.  Puget Sound is over 900 feet at it's deepest.  Even in the open Gulf the water does not get very deep.  We bottom fish here down to a few hundred feet.  Actually, because of the geologic processes which created the topography of the GPNW most of our lakes are in flooded valleys and probably much deeper than you are used to. 

I think there is much more trolling up here too, but I am not certain. 
demonick
DomenickVenezia.com

Em7b5

• Perch
  • Date Registered: May 2009
   New to the forum but will be in a boat on the water very soon. Living on Browns Point, the 4 min walk to the water is killing me.............

- Chris

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Welcome Southernman,

My office is on Lake Union.  Got any good locations for Lake Union bass you would like to share? 

Pretty much anywhere.  North side ... gasworks to the houseboats to the east.  East side, coves that shallow up to shore.  The shipping canal (both sides) to under the Fremont bridge.    South side, deeper water wood structure, if you're marking schools here, but don't get a hookup, try a crappie jig as they are most likely crappie.

-Allen

GoneFishing

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
Hi All,

I just am new to the board.  Live in Wallingford, but spend the summer on Lopez Island and fish often from a 17' PB.   Just started Kayak fishing from an OK Prowler Trident 15.   

I notice a lot of folks use the 13, which I demo'ed, but went for the 15 since it is for the san juans only, plus it stays on the water for the season. Hope I got the right yak for my needs.  ( I am 5'10 and 155#)
Tracks well with the rudder seems like a good boat.

Been fishing my regular areas and catching fish.  I can't say I catch more fish, but I do enjoy the paddle time a bunch! :laugh:

Current mission is to find some large flounders.

Great forum.

Dean

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
good morning Dean, and welcome to a place filled with terrific people..

don't 2nd guess yourself regarding your choice of yak and why.. the T13 is a nice boat, but for what you want to do, the 15 will be perfect.

have fun in the san juans.. a recent get together by group members here proved that there is still good fishing there.

Rich
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

dbart9

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
I just bought a kayak from PolePole and took it out on Lake Union this morning.  Since I'm new to kayaking, I'm looking forward to the next week or two of getting used to the kayak and finding out what I'm comfortable with.  After that, I can't wait to get out on the salt and do some fishing.  I love fishing for lings (mostly catch and release) and salmon.  Would anybody be interested in going out in the sound with me later this month and showing me the ropes?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks! David 

Oh yeah, I live in North Seattle.

antpo

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
new guy, living in the wedgwood area - just picked up 2 kayaks on saturday -

13 ft trident for the lady @ REI sale for ~700, she loves to fish with me
12 ft tarpon 120 demo for ~700 for me

of course the kayaks were the least expensive things we had to buy...wow - while its a simple sport - its pretty complicated to get going ( i won't talk about the loading logistics for a 60lb 12ft boat when you need to do it by yourself)

yesterday was just pratice with the boat on shore and off - loading/unloading, roof rack(s) hell, padling basics - jumping in to see how hard it is to climb back in - simple actually - we didnt do the turn it over test yet though

and, today we ended the weekend with our first few bass EVER,  and in the kayaks -we both hooked up a few - pretty cool and great logistics practice playing with the small fish - takes alot of coordination - can't wait to hook some big fish

anthony

squidgirl

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
antpo....  As they all say welcome to the Cure.......

I have a T-13 and i love it.. So i think your lady will to.. Congrats on the Bass. Next time you go out let us know on the board you might get a few more people to go with you and show you some pointers if ya want.

Marilyn
AKA Squidgirl

"Life is short lets go fishing"

anything